inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help ID Suspected 80s Song.

Written By: Hong Kong Phooey on 11/19/15 at 8:30 am

My Google-fu is either extremely weak or it can't find this song.  Using the words of a famous princess in a galaxy far, far away.. you guys may be my only hope.

Heard this song playing in a local fast food restaurant that was streaming some music.  I'm guessing it's from the mid to late 1980s as all the other songs played were from that era.  It features a female singer with keyboards as one of the prominent musical instruments.  I could only make out the chorus and it went like this:

Save your heart,
Save your heart,
Save your heart for me...

(repeat)

That's all I got.  I tried googling it every which way but it kept coming up with page after page of Gary Lewis & the Playboys.  Tried searching for covers but no joy.

I'm hoping someone here will find the solution and tell me it took them like 2 seconds on Google and only because their connection was slow. Lol.

Subject: Re: Help ID Suspected 80s Song.

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/21/15 at 2:10 am

My Google-fu is either extremely weak or it can't find this song.  Using the words of a famous princess in a galaxy far, far away.. you guys may be my only hope.

Heard this song playing in a local fast food restaurant that was streaming some music.  I'm guessing it's from the mid to late 1980s as all the other songs played were from that era.  It features a female singer with keyboards as one of the prominent musical instruments.  I could only make out the chorus and it went like this:

Save your heart,
Save your heart,
Save your heart for me...

(repeat)

That's all I got.  I tried googling it every which way but it kept coming up with page after page of Gary Lewis & the Playboys.  Tried searching for covers but no joy.

I'm hoping someone here will find the solution and tell me it took them like 2 seconds on Google and only because their connection was slow. Lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pS2339rDz0

If it was streamed and current, are you sure it wasn't Remady?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydzryO5fjGM

Long shot: The adorably cute Uni and Her Ukelele from 2009?

Any chance you remember any lyrics other than the ones you mentioned?  Even one half-remembered, maybe-misheard word?  (I sympathize, you're in a rough spot here.  I got two or three other hits that I had to scratch off the list because they were obviously male or acoustic, no keyboards or even remotely-plausible female vocals involved.)

Written By: Hong Kong Phooey on 11/26/15 at 12:22 pm

Unfortunately I couldn't get any other verses as the crowd was too loud (trust me, I wanted to stand up & yell for everyone to shut the h--- up. 😊 ).  I even tried "send your heart to me" in case I heard it slightly different.

Thanks for trying though. 👍 I'm surprised how hard it's been to ID it.  Only one other tune has me stumped and it's on a YouTube vid I first watched in 2009.  I've won many drinks betting people they can't identify it. Lol..

In the meantime I continue to slowly but steadily sift through 80's playlists hoping I will stumble on it eventually.

Written By: Hong Kong Phooey on 11/26/15 at 1:07 pm

**An update: I may have a lead on the song.

Right after reading your message I was trying to determine what the female vocalist most sounded like by going through a mental list of all the female singers I could think of in the 1980s.  The closest I thought would be Luba.  On a whim I punched her name and the chorus into Google and the 1st hit back was Luba "Act Of Mercy"... and lyricsfreak.com seems to confirm what little I could make out.  Unfortunately I can't find the song online yet.

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/01/15 at 7:22 pm

**An update: I may have a lead on the song.

Right after reading your message I was trying to determine what the female vocalist most sounded like by going through a mental list of all the female singers I could think of in the 1980s.  The closest I thought would be Luba.  On a whim I punched her name and the chorus into Google and the 1st hit back was Luba "Act Of Mercy"... and lyricsfreak.com seems to confirm what little I could make out.  Unfortunately I can't find the song online yet.

R27fQfaK8yQ

You mean this Luba, Act of Mercy, from 1986, with a chorus that includes the background vocalists repeating "Send your heart, send your heart, send your heart to me..."

Written By: Hong Kong Phooey on 02/21/16 at 12:18 am

That's the one and same.  Too bad it's blocked..  :(

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/21/16 at 2:42 am

That's the one and same.  Too bad it's blocked..  :(

http://i.imgur.com/hetFrgX.jpg

You have my sympathies on the idiocy of the recording industry and how it's reduced YouTube's usefulness over the past few years. At least you know what to look for, and at least I was able to help a little bit.

Check for new replies or respond here...