inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Looking for help with a couple songs

Written By: wagonman76 on 12/19/19 at 11:09 pm

#1 is a song I heard on the local smooth jazz station in 2003 several times. They played lots of yacht rock so it could have been much older. I wrote the station to no avail. Soon after it went defunct. Anyway it was a smooth female voice and the opening of the chorus went like “tell me baby.... where do we go from here”. But not Vanessa Williams song. It was bouncy and choppy. Very similar to the beat of the chorus opening to Michael McDonald singing “I keep forgetting.. we’re not in love anymore “.

#2 is a song that reminds me of “Policy of truth” by Depeche Mode. It was the same timeframe. I heard it twice back then, once in the car and once in fashion bug. Similar sound and tone. I just remember something in the chorus about the storm. Maybe eye of the storm. And the intro was made of slow pulsing spooky sounding synth chords in groups of 4 ascending chords each, ascending in a minor pattern. about the same speed as the intro to doobie brothers real love.

Been wondering about these for awhile. This board has been amazing with Id ing things.

Subject: Re: Looking for help with a couple songs

Written By: Henk on 12/21/19 at 1:36 am

#1 is a song I heard on the local smooth jazz station in 2003 several times. They played lots of yacht rock so it could have been much older. I wrote the station to no avail. Soon after it went defunct. Anyway it was a smooth female voice and the opening of the chorus went like “tell me baby.... where do we go from here”. But not Vanessa Williams song. It was bouncy and choppy. Very similar to the beat of the chorus opening to Michael McDonald singing “I keep forgetting.. we’re not in love anymore “.

Not sure about this, but could it be the Deborah Cox song you're looking for? :-\\ That one came out in 1996, so it would fit the time frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKZ-ZCCkyo8

Written By: wagonman76 on 12/22/19 at 10:01 pm

Not sure about this, but could it be the Deborah Cox song you're looking for? :-\\ That one came out in 1996, so it would fit the time frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKZ-ZCCkyo8

Nope way too smooth.  The one I'm thinking of had a very bouncy beat.

Written By: wagonman76 on 01/06/20 at 6:34 pm

I just found "Where Do I Go From Here" by the Supremes which in ways is similar.  I wonder if anybody ever remade this version.  Haven't found anything yet.  The song I'm thinking of is 80s at the very minimum.

Nothing else I have found is even close.

Check for new replies or respond here...