inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New Member

Written By: Tim on 05/27/04 at 8:23 am

I just turned 61 and am happily retired. Been married 35 years with one child, a daughter, and now a granddaughter.......... all three of my "girls" are the loves of my life and my Son-In-Law is the Son I never had! They are all my best friends and I am theirs.This site looks very interesting to me because at my age. I have a lot of knowledge and experience in various areas of life starting with my first realization of life which was my sweet Mom playing late 1940's big band music on the radio. Thus I'd like to think this site and the folks on it could be very entertaining and interesting. My favorite era is the 1950s, correspondingly Doo Wop and R&B music are my favorite music........the 80s are an entertaining second. I have had an interesting life and some of my information may be of interest perhaps even help to one or some of you. Nice to meet all of you!

Tim

Subject: Re: New Member

Written By: Hairspray on 05/27/04 at 5:33 pm

Welcome to our forums, Tim! :)

Written By: Lanie on 05/28/04 at 12:45 am

Welcome to the boards,Tim! :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/28/04 at 1:53 pm

Welcome, Tim!  I hope you enjoy yourself here.  :)

Written By: gambo on 05/28/04 at 2:16 pm

Welcome - you sound interesting.  I look forward to reading your future postings since, despite being your daughter's age, I also enjoy the big band sound, Doo Wop, and I sing a little Barbershop Harmony to boot.

Written By: Bobby on 05/30/04 at 5:57 pm

Welcome to the boards Tim. Your experience will certainly enrich the forum.

I love Doo wop music as well. Bands like Dion, The Crests, Crew cuts all spring to mind.  :)

Written By: scarletgail on 06/02/04 at 4:13 am

welcome aboard Tim :)

Written By: blackdog on 06/02/04 at 6:08 am

Welcome Tim!  Glad to have you here.  I've been here for less than a month but I don't think I'm a newbie anymore.  Have fun!

Written By: nally on 06/02/04 at 10:42 am

Welcome, Tim. Why don't you register an account? It seems as if you posted as a guest...but how could that be?  ???

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/04/04 at 9:15 pm

Hi Tim, Welcome to the boards ;)

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/10/04 at 5:25 pm

Their was a time when we were all New-Members ;)

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/10/04 at 7:13 pm

Tim,

Make an honest man out of yourself and register at this site!  ;)

The price is right too (free !)  ;D

LB

Written By: memory on 06/27/05 at 1:17 pm

welcome

Written By: memory on 06/27/05 at 1:18 pm

I just turned 61 and am happily retired. Been married 35 years with one child, a daughter, and now a granddaughter.......... all three of my "girls" are the loves of my life and my Son-In-Law is the Son I never had! They are all my best friends and I am theirs.This site looks very interesting to me because at my age. I have a lot of knowledge and experience in various areas of life starting with my first realization of life which was my sweet Mom playing late 1940's big band music on the radio. Thus I'd like to think this site and the folks on it could be very entertaining and interesting. My favorite era is the 1950s, correspondingly Doo Wop and R&B music are my favorite music........the 80s are an entertaining second. I have had an interesting life and some of my information may be of interest perhaps even help to one or some of you. Nice to meet all of you!

Tim

jesus christ 61 and knwos how to work a computer?

Written By: blackbutterfly on 07/14/05 at 9:08 pm

Hello everyone. Well, I'll let you know some of my interests: I play sports. Those of which include soccer, cross country, swimming, and track and field. I also like photography, reading, and musicals/plays.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/14/05 at 9:18 pm

Hello everyone. Well, I'll let you know some of my interests: I play sports. Those of which include soccer, cross country, swimming, and track and field. I also like photography, reading, and musicals/plays.

Hey! That's awesome that you like photography, reading, and musicals...those are some of my favorite things, too.

~Beth

Written By: shiprunner12 on 07/15/05 at 10:18 am

Welcome to the boards. I hope you enjoy your time here.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...