inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Another Englander invades the board... he comes in peace

Written By: Berg Katse on 10/18/04 at 6:58 am

Hello to everyone from here in the North East of England... this is a fun place.... I found this place, lost it in my sea of bookmarks, found it again, and finally joined....

For anyone who's interested, this is some of the stuff i like - in no particular order:
Movies: Star Wars, John Cusack films (esp. The Sure Thing, Grosse Pointe Blank), Anime (Hayao Miyazaki, Gatchaman, Lain, etc), Hong Kong action movies;
TV: Frasier, The Simpsons, Starsky & Hutch, Martial Law, UK comedy (The Office, Black Books, Little Britain, etc);
Music: Joe Satriani / Steve Vai, Johnny Cash, Man... Or Astroman?, The Doors, The Cure, Kung Fu record label;
Comedy: Bill Hicks, Eddie Izzard, Mark Thomas, Billy Connolly, Rich Hall;
Arty stuff: Edward Hopper, Bill Sienkiewicz, John Romita Jr;
Reading: George Orwell, David Icke, Graham Hancock, Bill Bryson;

Well, that should be enough to bore/scare people away.... My friends call me the Oracle, for all the useless things i can remember, so I'll see you around the boards  ;D

Subject: Re: Another Englander invades the board... he comes in peace

Written By: philbo on 10/18/04 at 7:46 am

Will go with an awful lot of the above (Grosse Pointe Blank, Simpsons, Bill Hicks.. well, all the comedians), but...

David Icke???

Anyway, welcome to the boards.  It's kind of fun round here :)

Written By: karen on 10/18/04 at 8:50 am

Welcome to the boards Berg.

I'm with Philbo on the David Icke thing, but I do like Bill Bryson.

Written By: Bobby on 10/20/04 at 4:29 am

Hello from a fellow englander. Welcome to the boards, Berg.

David Icke can certainly be overlooked. The man likes Bill Hicks and Rich Hall (two genius's of comedy) and you are reading Orwell to boot (a great author to read).

I am having a little trouble adjusting to Little Britain at the moment but I don't mind watching it.

Written By: blackdog on 10/29/04 at 3:28 am

Hi Berg!  Welcome, nice to meet you!

I love the north of England, are you near Chester or on the Eastern side?  Or maybe near Scotland?  Love Scotland too, although I probably shouldn't say that around the English/Brits ?
I dunno though.

You got good taste - love Eddie Izzard & Billy Connolly too but not a big fan of Bill Bryson.  Oh well.

Nice to meet you and see ya around.

Written By: joedeertae on 10/29/04 at 8:04 am

Welcome aboard the boards Berg. :)

Written By: Berg Katse on 11/02/04 at 10:18 am

Hi Blackdog, I'm a North East boy.... currently holed up in Teesside.... originally a Geordie.... maybe moving southwards to the Bucks region in the New Year , who knows....

Anyway, Scotland's a fine enough place too. Wales, on the other hand..... (joking, dear Welshpersons)

PS I stuck Icke in because you need to spray the hornets nest every so often to see what comes out - and I thought it would be less controversial than Michael Moore  ;D

Written By: Icemaidnrebix on 11/02/04 at 2:59 pm

As per usual I post a million and one posts before waving hello on the newbie board!

Hi all..I'm me and I'm from the South of the UK where the weather is much better...Love the eighties with a vengance..especially the mewzik..I don't know what the picture I have picked is from and who it is but it's the only cool and NOT freaky one that I could find that I liked. 

Written By: philbo on 11/03/04 at 11:49 am

I'm a North East boy.... currently holed up in Teesside.... originally a Geordie.... maybe moving southwards to the Bucks region in the New Year , who knows....

Well, as another Geordie-born who's living in Bucks at the moment, I'd like to say... small world or what?

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/09/04 at 2:12 pm

Welcome aboard...

I just happen to be perfect.. in the Midlands.. best of both worlds  ;)

Written By: Cheeky Ferret on 11/09/04 at 3:26 pm

Hiya, I am in the Midlands too and I date a Scot so I think they are great :-)

Check for new replies or respond here...