inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Newbie here

Written By: Allie Fox on 11/24/04 at 5:12 pm

Hello folks.

I found this place doing a search for someone and think it's pretty cool.

I'm a castaway from the old "Yesterdayland" boards if anyone is familiar.  I look forward to communicating.

Cheers!

Subject: Re: Newbie here

Written By: Lanie on 11/24/04 at 5:40 pm

Welcome to the boards,Allie Fox! Glad to have you here!  :)

Written By: HeartsAfire on 11/24/04 at 6:46 pm

I'm a castaway from the old "Yesterdayland" boards if anyone is familiar.  I look forward to communicating.

Greetings!  I too used to post on YL...  I've found some of the same kinds of discussions I used to enjoy so much on YL on these boards as well.  :)

Written By: Bobby on 11/25/04 at 7:48 pm

Hello Allie Fox.  :)

I hope you enjoy your stay.

Written By: Davester on 11/26/04 at 9:30 am

Lots of Yesterdayland refugees here, huh?  Must've been a helluva place...

Written By: Allie Fox on 11/26/04 at 12:38 pm

One of, if not THE best online community I've ever been a part of.

Thanks for the welcome, folks.

Written By: HeartsAfire on 11/27/04 at 5:48 pm

One of, if not THE best online community I've ever been a part of.

What he said.  ;D  You could literally (virtually) relive your childhood on that site.  They covered everything from fashion, toys, tv, movies, music, etc...beginning with the '20s on up through the present.  I miss that site...am definitely glad I found this one now too.  :)

Written By: Allie Fox on 11/28/04 at 9:56 pm

What he said.   ;D  You could literally (virtually) relive your childhood on that site.  They covered everything from fashion, toys, tv, movies, music, etc...beginning with the '20s on up through the present.  I miss that site...am definitely glad I found this one now too.   :)

No kidding.  I can't tell you how many days at work I wouldn't have been able to make it through without YL

Written By: HeartsAfire on 11/28/04 at 10:37 pm

No kidding.  I can't tell you how many days at work I wouldn't have been able to make it through without YL

Well...you now have a new one to keep you distracted at work.  ;D  *j/k*  How long were you a member of YL?  I originally signed up in early 2002... though I only had time to post sporadically during the last yr. it was active... I heard it really began going downhill in the last month or two before it shut down.

Written By: Allie Fox on 11/30/04 at 10:00 pm

I was a member since early 2000.

The last six months or so was kind of surreal.  The website itself was completely inactive but the messageboard continued to thrive.  It went down rather suddenly and if you were not there when it happened, you were really in the dark.

A few companion boards popped up shortly afterward (Memory Lane, Yesterdayland.org and others) but none could capture the community feeling that YL had.  I really miss it.  Not to mention the fantastic database of all things nostalgia.

Written By: HeartsAfire on 11/30/04 at 11:37 pm

I was a member since early 2000.

The last six months or so was kind of surreal.  The website itself was completely inactive but the messageboard continued to thrive.  It went down rather suddenly and if you were not there when it happened, you were really in the dark.

I had no clue at first what had happened.  I  kept getting "The Page Cannot be Displayed" error page.  Finally one of my friends from the boards (Gettin' Old...remember him?) had received an email from another regular who explained what had happened (sort of) and forwarded the email to me.

A few companion boards popped up shortly afterward (Memory Lane, Yesterdayland.org and others) but none could capture the community feeling that YL had.  I really miss it.  Not to mention the fantastic database of all things nostalgia.

I signed up on ML...but at that time my schedule only allowed me to post sporadically...and I ended up forgetting my password...and last time I looked they were not accepting new accounts. 

Yes it was a shame to lose that extensive database.  Have you kept in touch w/any of the others who posted on YL?  I am actually enjoying these boards too...  :) I have kept in touch with Karaboudjian via occasional emails and have told him about this place too... I don't think he has signed up as of yet though.

Written By: joedeertae on 12/01/04 at 10:13 am

Welcome aboard the boards Allie Fox.

Written By: Allie Fox on 12/01/04 at 1:06 pm

Have you kept in touch w/any of the others who posted on YL?   I am actually enjoying these boards too...  :) I have kept in touch with Karaboudjian via occasional emails and have told him about this place too... I don't think he has signed up as of yet though.

A few at first but as time rolled on the contact became less and less.  I might see if the "Friends of YL Yahoo group is still in operation and send a message out.

Thanks for the thoughts folks! :-[

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/02/04 at 11:36 pm

I'm happy you found all of us, Allie Fox  :)

Written By: nally on 12/03/04 at 12:32 am

Hi, Allie Fox! Nice of you to join us. :)

Written By: skooldays on 04/01/05 at 12:25 pm

Hi all, i was a yesterdaylander with some mates we have put together a nostalgic site
it could do with some critics - that could be a dangerous rquest
anyway we hope our servers are built to take the traffic
www.skooldays.com and www.skool-days.co.uk

look forward to your thoughts and nice to join a great bunch on here

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/01/05 at 12:31 pm

welcome!

btw...very cool site

Written By: skooldays on 04/01/05 at 1:24 pm

Thankyou
i really miss yesterdayland
so i have really worked hard to try and get something off the ground
its taken me a long time
i just need a bit of luck and some enthusiastic forum posters

Written By: GoodVibration on 04/30/05 at 6:44 am

im new here too, and i absolutely loved yesterday land, sooooooooooooo many memories...was very disillusioned when the site went down...but eventually i found another site that has stored all the nostalgic databases, some parts may not work, i assume its because they couldnt archive everything before the site went down, and some pics dont work either, but the essentials are all there...

http://web.archive.org/web/20030320023934/www.yesterdayland.com/

sorry if its already been posted

Written By: memory on 06/27/05 at 12:50 pm

welcome

Check for new replies or respond here...