inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Brand spankin new

Written By: Banks on 12/01/04 at 9:41 pm

Hi...

I only just found this site today, and thought it looked pretty cool.

Im very interested in all aspects of the 1970's, including music (and music videos), movies, clothes, TV shows, transport, house wears, events...Infact, if its anything to do with the 70's I am interested.

I am gathering a large collection of music and music videos from the 1970's (mainly from an Aussie TV show called rage) and have 6 hours of 1970's music videos (although some arent exactly 1970's videos, but for some reason I associate the songs with this decade). I also have a number of DVDs including The Last Waltz, John Lennons Gimme Some Truth and Wings-Wingspan.

In the way of 1970's TV shows I have seasons 1 and 2 of Love Thy Neighbour and Special episodes of Kingswood Country.

I have a number of movies made in the 70's as well.

I am also interested in the late 1960's music and festivals, such as Woodstock (which I have 2 DVDs on) I am also looking for Gimme Shelter on Pal DVD region 4.

Now about myself....

I live in Newcastle Australia. I am 32 years old and live with my girlfriend of 10 years and my 6 year old daughter. I am currently studying to become a history teacher (actually, as I type this I am at a high school readying to teach Japanese history to a year 7 class (1st grade in Australian high schools).

and thats me.

Alright Now

Subject: Re: Brand spankin new

Written By: HeartsAfire on 12/01/04 at 11:57 pm

Greetings...and welcome!  :)

Written By: joedeertae on 12/02/04 at 11:46 am

Welcome aboard the boards Alright Now. :) Glad ya could join!

Written By: Allie Fox on 12/02/04 at 4:52 pm

Alrighty then. . .

welcome aboard, Alrighty Now ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/02/04 at 11:21 pm

Nice to have you here, Alright Now!

Written By: ktelqueen on 12/03/04 at 1:40 am

welcome to the boards,Alright Now  :)

Written By: Banks on 12/03/04 at 4:24 am

Thanks guys  :)

This site is excellent...and very friendly, which is always good to see.

Thanks again

Alright Now
(By the way, incase anyone was wondering, Alright Now is the name of one of my fav songs from the 1970's by Free).

Written By: Bobby on 12/05/04 at 8:56 pm

I wondered if you were a Free fan, Alright now.  ;)

Welcome to the boards.

Written By: HeartsAfire on 12/06/04 at 8:47 pm

(By the way, incase anyone was wondering, Alright Now is the name of one of my fav songs from the 1970's by Free).

I too wondered about that.  My screen name was also inspired by one of my favorite songs (That's the Way of the World by Earth Wind & Fire).  Anywhoo...welcome!  :)

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 12/08/04 at 1:27 am

Welcome to the boards! We will probably meet up occasionally on the 70s boards cuz I'm on there posting about T Rex or Bowie, the two main reasons I post there, I'm mostly an 80s freak, but I love it all!! See ya around!

Rio

Written By: Banks on 12/11/04 at 11:10 pm

I only know of two T-Rex songs (although I know he has a pretty large discography). The songs being Get It On and Children Of The Revolution. I love both of these songs!!! Unfortunately T-Rex albums are hard to come by here in Australia  :(

I also like Bowie. Especially Space Odity, Ashes To Ashes, Oh! You Pretty Things and Under Pressure with Queen.

And thanks for the welcome

:)

Alright Now

Check for new replies or respond here...