inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hi to everyone, I'm the Nu boy...

Written By: Nu Complex on 02/10/05 at 9:21 pm

Hi everyone,
I've just registered here and I thought I should introduce myself.  I'm from Wales in the U.K., I'm a drummer and a big Gary Numan fan.  I also like Ultravox, John Foxx, Killing Joke, David Bowie, Japan, Adam & The Ants and lots of other stuff aswell.  I think I've probably said enough for now, looking forward to meeting you...

Nu Complex  :)

Subject: Re: Hi to everyone, I'm the Nu boy...

Written By: Tam on 02/10/05 at 9:23 pm

Welcome to the boards Nu!!!
Glad you decided to become one of us!  :D

Tam

Written By: Nu Complex on 02/10/05 at 9:35 pm

Thanks Tam, it looks like there are some great people here...

:)

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 02/10/05 at 11:07 pm

Wow! Don't you sound just like someone I know and love!! ;)

Glad you decided to join me here Nu Complex....It feels really good knowing you're here....

Hope you have as much fun here as I have!! :-*

Rio

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/11/05 at 12:10 am

Welcome to the zoo Nu Complex....enjoy the wild ride :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 02/11/05 at 12:11 am

welcome to the boards, Nu Complex  :)

Written By: Bobby on 02/11/05 at 7:12 am

Welcome to the boards, Nu Complex.

You like a lot of great music.  :)

Written By: Nu Complex on 02/12/05 at 3:00 pm

Wow! Don't you sound just like someone I know and love!! ;)

Glad you decided to join me here Nu Complex....It feels really good knowing you're here....

Rio

It's great to be here Rio, but you know I'm always with you wherever we are...  :-*

Written By: Nu Complex on 02/12/05 at 3:10 pm

Big Thanks to everyone that's welcomed me here, I appreciate it.  :)

I'll see you all "out there"...

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/12/05 at 4:21 pm

Hello Nu Complex.  I'm into some New Wave stuff too!  I try to keep it a bit secret though; it's a tab embarrassing.  ;D

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 02/12/05 at 5:39 pm

OK, I've just found out that you've joined us Nu Complex!! (Guess who told me?!)

Oh God, you two aren't going to start bugging me on here too, are you? Well, I don't mind, since *ahem* no one in particular is going to be reading it!!!!!!! :D HA! HA! HA!

Absolutely Vile

Subject: Hi! A new rockergirlBOC has come to town!

Written By: rockergirlBOC on 02/12/05 at 8:30 pm

Hello...my name is rockergirlBOC! I am new to the board. I just wanted to say hello and also thanks to ChuckyG..whose posts are responsible for my joining here! I am a major music fan, collector and trivia BUFF. I am looking forward to reading all the posts and making friends with ALL of you!
peace and love.......rockergirlBOC  8)  ;)

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 02/12/05 at 8:35 pm

Hello...my name is rockergirlBOC! I am new to the board. I just wanted to say hello and also thanks to ChuckyG..whose posts are responsible for my joining here! I am a major music fan, collector and trivia BUFF. I am looking forward to reading all the posts and making friends with ALL of you!
peace and love.......rockergirlBOC  8)  ;)

Thats really nice...

But I think you may want to start your own thread that introduces yourself....

This is the thread that Nu Complex started....

Alrighty then!

Have a good time here!

Rio

Subject: Re: Hi! A new rockergirlBOC has come to town!

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 02/12/05 at 8:38 pm

Thats really nice...

But I think you may want to start your own thread that introduces yourself....

This is the thread that Nu Complex started....

Alrighty then!

Have a good time here!

Rio

Oh you mean this isn't the official Warren Cann Ultravox appreciation thread? Sorry, my mistake!!!!! :D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 02/12/05 at 8:41 pm

Oh you mean this isn't the official Warren Cann Ultravox appreciation thread? Sorry, my mistake!!!!! :D

Absolutely Vile

No...

That thread is on the 80s page, back a few pages....its also known as the "Boys in Makeup" thread...  ;)

Rio

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 02/12/05 at 8:47 pm

No...

That thread is on the 80s page, back a few pages....its also known as the "Boys in Makeup" thread...  ;)

Rio

Oh right...THAT thread! But there were other people on it too! :P (But I know... I DID kind of take it over for a bit...) :D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 02/13/05 at 12:57 am

Oh right...THAT thread! But there were other people on it too! :P (But I know... I DID kind of take it over for a bit...) :D

Absolutely Vile

Yeah, I'm guilty of that too though...

It went from a Boys in Makeup thread to an "argument" between who was more good looking-----

Adam/Warren/Martin/Marc

I think that was how it ended up... ;) :D

Rio

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 02/13/05 at 12:59 am

Yeah, I'm guilty of that too though...

It went from a Boys in Makeup thread to an "argument" between who was more good looking-----

Adam/Warren/Martin/Marc

I think that was how it ended up... ;) :D

Rio

And who was the winner?!?!?! ;)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 02/13/05 at 1:01 am

I think it may have been Adam...

Especially with that last picture of him I put up...the only picture you could have beaten it with is not in your possesion... ;)

Rio

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 02/13/05 at 1:09 am

I think it may have been Adam...

Especially with that last picture of him I put up...the only picture you could have beaten it with is not in your possesion... ;)

Rio

Er... Just because I have no naked pictures of Warren (*ahem* unless you count the swimming pool one) it doesn't necessarily mean that he'd lose!! I mean, look at that face! Those eyes! That hair!!!!! My God!!! Talk about perfection! I mean, my sig line is hypnotising!!!! :D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 02/13/05 at 1:22 am

Er... Just because I have no naked pictures of Warren (*ahem* unless you count the swimming pool one) it doesn't necessarily mean that he'd lose!! I mean, look at that face! Those eyes! That hair!!!!! My God!!! Talk about perfection! I mean, my sig line is hypnotising!!!! :D

Absolutely Vile

It hypnotises you maybe....

Of course, Adam's shocking blue eyes and striking good looks hypnotise me no matter what picture it is....the man makes me drool like no one else....

Ok...

With the exception of Nu Complex of course.... :-*

Rio

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 02/13/05 at 1:28 am

It hypnotises you maybe....

Of course, Adam's shocking blue eyes and striking good looks hypnotise me no matter what picture it is....the man makes me drool like no one else....

Ok...

With the exception of Nu Complex of course.... :-*

Rio

Oh it's not just the sig line picture... It's pretty much any picture of him that makes me drool!! Like the first one I posted on that thread! Mmmm...:) Oh and I know how you feel about Nu Complex...;) (Man, I'm going to have to get used to calling him by a different name on here!!) :P

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 02/13/05 at 1:33 am

Oh it's not just the sig line picture... It's pretty much any picture of him that makes me drool!! Like the first one I posted on that thread! Mmmm...:) Oh and I know how you feel about Nu Complex...;) (Man, I'm going to have to get used to calling him by a different name on here!!) :P

Absolutely Vile

I know what you mean....

He'll always be my Fluffy though.... ;) :-*

Rio

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 02/13/05 at 1:36 am

I know what you mean....

He'll always be my Fluffy though.... ;) :-*

Rio

You mean your Fluffy Boy Toy...8)

I will always be the elusive......MRS. X ;)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 02/13/05 at 1:39 am

You mean your Fluffy Boy Toy...8)

I will always be the elusive......MRS. X ;)

Absolutely Vile

Mrs. X, I have said it before and I'll say it again....

Its Fluffy...not Fluffy Boy Toy....he is not a boy toy...he's my man.

Also, while Rio Rhodes is always going to be a great moniker, I shall always be, Baby Strange... ;)

Baby/Rio

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 02/13/05 at 1:43 am

Mrs. X, I have said it before and I'll say it again....

Its Fluffy...not Fluffy Boy Toy....he is not a boy toy...he's my man.

Also, while Rio Rhodes is always going to be a great moniker, I shall always be, Baby Strange... ;)

Baby/Rio

Actually, it's just Fluff. ;) And yes, I know he's your man...:)

And yes, as cool as Absolutely Vile is... I quite like the mystery of Mrs. X. An homage to a song by my favourite band narrated by my favourite member of said band...:D

Absolutely Vile/Mrs. X (or any variation thereof)

Written By: joedeertae on 02/16/05 at 6:44 pm

Welcome aboard the boards Nu Complex.

Written By: ElDuderino on 02/16/05 at 9:11 pm

Croeso. Ydych chi'n siarad Cymraeg?

Welcome aboard.  :)

Written By: Nu Complex on 02/19/05 at 8:53 pm

Hi JoeDeertae, and thanks for the welcome!  :)

And Hi ElDuderino, Diolch!  ...but to answer your question, No I don't speak Welsh.  I live just a few miles from the Wales/England border and most people living here speak English.  I only know a few words and phrases in Welsh.  How does someone from Texas know any Welsh? 

Written By: ElDuderino on 02/19/05 at 9:10 pm

Hi JoeDeertae, and thanks for the welcome!  :)

And Hi ElDuderino, Diolch!  ...but to answer your question, No I don't speak Welsh.  I live just a few miles from the Wales/England border and most people living here speak English.  I only know a few words and phrases in Welsh.  How does someone from Texas know any Welsh? 

I am of Welsh descent, and in the last year I've been learning much about Wales, the Welsh people, our history etc. So I have been trying to learn Welsh(as best I can), theres hardly any colleges that offer Welsh courses, much less my High school, so I learn as much I can via the internet. BBC has a pretty cool little section on it's website about the Welsh language. Unlike 98% of other British-Americans I'm "ethnically aware", I even got a Union Jack on my class ring. :)

Written By: Nu Complex on 02/19/05 at 9:24 pm

Cool, it's good to see you taking an interest in your ancestry.  Even though I was born in Wales and I've lived here all my life, I've still got a lot to learn about Welsh history.  I'd like to learn to speak Welsh too, I have no excuse really, I could take lessons in my local college.  I will get around to it one day.

Dal ati, Hwyl am rwan...  :)

Written By: ElDuderino on 02/19/05 at 9:44 pm

Cool, it's good to see you taking an interest in your ancestry.  Even though I was born in Wales and I've lived here all my life, I've still got a lot to learn about Welsh history.  I'd like to learn to speak Welsh too, I have no excuse really, I could take lessons in my local college.  I will get around to it one day.

Dal ati, Hwyl am rwan...  :)

The Welsh have a really interesting history, perhaps the coolest out of all the British people. Did you know the Arthurian legends are considered to be of Welsh origins?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/19/05 at 9:55 pm

The Welsh have a really interesting history, perhaps the coolest out of all the British people. Did you know the Arthurian legends are considered to be of Welsh origins?

Dude, I'm about 5% Welsh!  :D

-FHF

Written By: ElDuderino on 02/19/05 at 10:04 pm

I don't know exactly ow much I am, but my last name is Welsh.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/19/05 at 10:06 pm

I don't know exactly ow much I am, but my last name is Welsh.

You sure you're Welsh at all in that case?  I mean Jack Black has "Black" as his last name but I doubt he has any African ancestry.  :D

Written By: ElDuderino on 02/19/05 at 10:26 pm

You sure you're Welsh at all in that case?  I mean Jack Black has "Black" as his last name but I doubt he has any African ancestry.  :D

Um.....thats rather stupid. Black is not a descriptive name in regards to his background. Black is most likely an English surname. Each nationality has it's own surnames. For example, Gerstenburg is obviously German, Koizumi would be Japanese, Ducard would be French..

Thus, if I have a Welsh surname, then I have Welsh in my background. The only exceptions to this are Muslims whom usually have Arabic last names regardless of ethnicity, some Hispanics who might be of an all African or Mesoamerican background, and Native Americans and African-Americans(both of whom took Anglo last names).

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/19/05 at 10:29 pm

Um.....thats rather stupid. Black is not a descriptive name in regards to his background. Black is most likely an English surname. Each nationality has it's own surnames. For example, Gerstenburg is obviously German, Koizumi would be Japanese, Ducard would be French..

Thus, if I have a Welsh surname, then I have Welsh in my background. The only exceptions to this are Muslims whom usually have Arabic last names regardless of ethnicity, some Hispanics who might be of an all African or Mesoamerican background, and Native Americans and African-Americans(both of whom took Anglo last names).

Jack Black was the best example I could think of.  Any other things that lead you to thinking you're Welsh?  I'm not saying you're not, I'm just curious.  ;)

-FHF  ;)

Written By: ElDuderino on 02/19/05 at 11:35 pm

Jack Black was the best example I could think of.  Any other things that lead you to thinking you're Welsh?  I'm not saying you're not, I'm just curious.  ;)

-FHF  ;)

Um, there is no need for further evidence. My last name is evidence enough. Do you not understand how last names generally work? If my last name was Ahmed, I wouldn't be Chinese.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/19/05 at 11:41 pm

Um, there is no need for further evidence. My last name is evidence enough. Do you not understand how last names generally work? If my last name was Ahmed, I wouldn't be Chinese.

Yeah I know how they work ... it could be their job, their father (Johnson, John's Son).  But can't the name Welsh mean other stuff? If someone did get surnamed Welsh it could probably be by the English.

Written By: ElDuderino on 02/20/05 at 12:13 am

Yeah I know how they work ... it could be their job, their father (Johnson, John's Son).  But can't the name Welsh mean other stuff? If someone did get surnamed Welsh it could probably be by the English.

D'oh! Jeez, a bit thick tonight, aren't we?

I didnt mean my last name is "Welsh", I meant that the last name I have is of Welsh origin. Like McDonald would be Scottish.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/20/05 at 12:36 am

D'oh! Jeez, a bit thick tonight, aren't we?

I didnt mean my last name is "Welsh", I meant that the last name I have is of Welsh origin. Like McDonald would be Scottish.

Oh I see.  Sorry Dude.  I thought you meant your last name is "Welsh", not a Welsh name.  :-[  ;D

Written By: awesome83 on 02/20/05 at 6:33 pm

yeh, i'm new too.  I grew up with Duran Duran and Madonna.  Still my favorites.  But I love alot of the other eighties.

Written By: Nu Complex on 02/20/05 at 11:42 pm

Hi awesome83, and welcome.

Hey, why don't you start a new thread so everyone can get to meet you...
Anyway, hope you have fun here.

Written By: ange007 on 02/21/05 at 8:27 pm

Hi Nu Complex  ,
my name is Ange and i am brand new to the board also... i have never been on one of these so i have no idea what i am suppost to do....

Written By: Nu Complex on 02/21/05 at 10:29 pm

Hi Ange, I've just posted a message for you in the thread you started...

If there is anything you are unsure of, just ask me, I'll help you if I can.

Check for new replies or respond here...