inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Semi-newbie checking in. :)

Written By: Marty McFly on 03/10/05 at 12:15 pm

Alright, I've made close to 40 posts by now in various forums (and have basically been reading non-stop -- when I'm at home! -- for the last day or two), so I'm not sure if I'm that new. :D

In any event, my real name is Jesse. I live in San Jose, CA and have since '96 (first it was the North Bay Area, then Sacramento, then here. Long story for another time!). I've worked at Blockbuster for 5 1/2 years now and am going to JC (mostly) full-time with a major -- and an interest in -- acting, writing, etc.

Culture-wise, I like a little of everything, but I favor the 80's and early 90's the most. I guess there's something special about my first 10 years. ;)

I officially started liking music at 2 or 3 years old, just because my parents often had the radio on and bought albums on a semi regular basis (mom in particular). What I heard was mixed between then-new 80's songs and semi oldies like the Beatles, so I got a good feel for everything early on.

Got into the Nintendo and video games a couple years later (maybe 1986/87). In fact, me & my dad enjoyed Super Mario & Zelda together just about as much! With movies, about 9 or so. I primarily liked somewhat silly comedies and overall "fun" movies, with the occasional serious one -- am the same way today. Have also come to like animated/cartoon stuff more in the last decade. It's probably evident the Back to the Future Trilogy is my favorite.

As for TV shows, with that, I'm actually a little more 90's-minded. The Simpsons, Home Improvement, (gasp!) Beavis & Butthead, Full House (I've really gotten into this in the past year), Seinfeld, among others. Also like cop/detective shows like Unsolved Mysteries.

But I guess we asked for an introduction, not a bio the length of War & Peace, so I'll stop here, LOL. ;D

Subject: Re: Semi-newbie checking in. :)

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/10/05 at 3:59 pm

Welcome, Marty. :)

Written By: gemini61 on 03/10/05 at 5:38 pm

Welcome aboard, Marty McFly! Love "Back To The Future" BTW.  :) 

Written By: Dagwood on 03/10/05 at 7:13 pm

Welcome aboard, Jesse.

Written By: Tam on 03/10/05 at 11:56 pm

Nice to meet you Jesse

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/11/05 at 9:38 am

Hello from me too!!

Written By: joedeertae on 03/11/05 at 10:00 am

Welcome aboard the boards Marty McFly. Glad to have ya hope you DO stick around for awhile.

Written By: nally on 03/16/05 at 11:22 pm

Welcome aboard, Marty. Seems like you're almost up to 100 posts now. :)

I've been to San Jose, but only once, and that was in 1991. I liked it there...we even visited the Mystery Spot! :D

I'm with you on the TV shows, especially "Full House". I was an avid watcher when it moved from Fridays to Tuesdays in mid-1991. ;D Now I enjoy all the reruns.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/20/05 at 10:15 pm

Welcome, Jesse ;)

Written By: Bobby on 03/21/05 at 3:39 am

Welcome to the boards, Jesse.  :)

Written By: robocop3 on 03/22/05 at 8:53 pm

Welcome to the boards

Check for new replies or respond here...