inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New member that doesnt have a clue

Written By: Pink Kitty on 03/19/05 at 1:07 pm

Hey there everyone!!  I am a new member and a bunch of my friends get on here.  I have no clue what i am doing, but I want to post a lot so I guess I will keep posting!!

Subject: Re: New member that doesnt have a clue

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/19/05 at 5:12 pm

Hi!! welcome pink kitty...this place is very awesome...you will meet a lot of really nice people...feel free to post on any topic!

Erin :)

Written By: Marty McFly on 03/19/05 at 5:16 pm

Welcome Kitty. :)

I'm still pretty new myself, but this is a great place - I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here. Even if I don't post, just going through the old topics is enough to keep me entertained for hours, LOL!

When I'm not familiar with a certain forum/thread, sometimes I just check out what everyone else has written.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/20/05 at 10:08 pm

Hey there everyone!!  I am a new member and a bunch of my friends get on here.  I have no clue what i am doing, but I want to post a lot so I guess I will keep posting!!
It's great to have you here, Pink Kitty!

Written By: robocop3 on 03/22/05 at 8:06 pm

Hi Pink Kitty  ;)

Written By: Pink Kitty on 03/24/05 at 9:20 am

Thank yuo fo the welcome.  I am starting to get the hang of it now.  I love it here!!

Written By: Bobby on 03/28/05 at 8:42 am

Thank yuo fo the welcome.  I am starting to get the hang of it now.  I love it here!!

Welcome to the boards, Pink Kitty.  :)

It's nice to see you are getting in the swing of things.

Written By: Pink Kitty on 04/04/05 at 7:56 am

thank you for the welcome, this is a really cool site I believe.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/04/05 at 3:24 pm

Hiya Pink Kitty. Remember me? I pmed you awhile back. My name was ElDuderino back then.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/04/05 at 3:40 pm

Hiya Pink Kitty. Remember me? I pmed you awhile back. My name was ElDuderino back then.
Thanks for clarifying that, I was trying to work out who you were.

Written By: ktelqueen on 04/04/05 at 3:44 pm

welcome,Pink Kitty  :)

Written By: Pink Kitty on 04/05/05 at 7:47 am

Thank you for the welcome.  This place is a lot of fun so far.  I have met some really interesting people.

Written By: joedeertae on 04/09/05 at 7:30 am

Welcome aboard the boards Pink Kitty.

Written By: Pink Kitty on 04/09/05 at 3:25 pm

thank you....hoping to get to meet a lot of different people

Written By: Red Ant on 04/15/05 at 9:16 pm

thank you....hoping to get to meet a lot of different people

I qualify for that ;D Welcome Pink Kitty!

Written By: Pink Kitty on 04/15/05 at 9:21 pm

I qualify for that ;D Welcome Pink Kitty!

Qualify for what lol?

Written By: Red Ant on 04/15/05 at 9:28 pm

Qualify for what lol?

Meeting someone " different " ( of course we all are and I am by no means unique ).

Written By: Pink Kitty on 04/15/05 at 9:30 pm

Meeting someone " different " ( of course we all are and I am by no means unique ).

Ahh sorry at times i get confused

Written By: Red Ant on 04/15/05 at 9:31 pm

Ahh sorry at times i get confused

That's perfectly natural as I confuse ( and amuse ) myself alot. ;D

Written By: Pink Kitty on 04/15/05 at 9:32 pm

That's perfectly natural as I confuse ( and amuse ) myself alot. ;D

lol yeah well I am like this a lot

Written By: Red Ant on 04/15/05 at 11:34 pm

Umm, Pink Kitty, I had some doubts on your screen name and now that you have added * THAT* down below, I must say my mind is in the gutter. One of those cases where I am confused and amused at the same time. PS- Don't elaborate on it, that would upset my natural imbalance of life. :)

Written By: Pink Kitty on 04/16/05 at 9:22 am

Umm, Pink Kitty, I had some doubts on your screen name and now that you have added * THAT* down below, I must say my mind is in the gutter. One of those cases where I am confused and amused at the same time. PS- Don't elaborate on it, that would upset my natural imbalance of life. :)

Lol I am really confused now!  Thanks a lot!  Keep your mind out of the guttar! I dont like that kind of stuff lol!!

Written By: Red Ant on 04/16/05 at 3:59 pm

Lol I am really confused now!  Thanks a lot!  Keep your mind out of the guttar! I dont like that kind of stuff lol!!

I will keep my mind out of the gutter ( for a change ) but leave you with this: Your screen name is a euphamism for * censored * and the sig below backs it up. NOW, IF I'm wrong, set me straight so I can put my mind back into my head ( where there is a sign that says " Space For Rent " ). ;)

Written By: Pink Kitty on 04/16/05 at 4:00 pm

I will keep my mind out of the gutter ( for a change ) but leave you with this: Your screen name is a euphamism for * censored * and the sig below backs it up. NOW, IF I'm wrong, set me straight so I can put my mind back into my head ( where there is a sign that says " Space For Rent " ). ;)

I wasnt trying to be perverted with the name...

Written By: Red Ant on 04/16/05 at 4:06 pm

I wasnt trying to be perverted with the name...

That's okay. I'm a typical guy and can turn even the most innocent things into something perverted.

So: How did you come up with that name? Mines a nick-nake a friend gave me over 10 years ago due to several things.

Did you get your name from like a Simpson episode or perhaps had a white kitty that fell into a pan of pink Easter-egg dye?. Please elaborate so I can get some desperately needed moral character. :)

Written By: Pink Kitty on 04/16/05 at 4:09 pm

That's okay. I'm a typical guy and can turn even the most innocent things into something perverted.

So: How did you come up with that name? Mines a nick-nake a friend gave me over 10 years ago due to several things.

Did you get your name from like a Simpson episode or perhaps had a white kitty that fell into a pan of pink Easter-egg dye?. Please elaborate so I can get some desperately needed moral character. :)

My fav color is pink and I love cats so you know....plus some guys from school helped me think of it.

Written By: Red Ant on 04/16/05 at 5:31 pm

My fav color is pink and I love cats so you know....plus some guys from school helped me think of it.

....plus some guys from school helped me think of it. No wonder it sounds naughty. But I shall take your word on your favorite color and love of felines.
I like pink as well ( not my favorite color ) and cats as well ( in the top ten of favorite animals ).

Written By: Pink Kitty on 04/16/05 at 7:08 pm

....plus some guys from school helped me think of it. No wonder it sounds naughty. But I shall take your word on your favorite color and love of felines.
I like pink as well ( not my favorite color ) and cats as well ( in the top ten of favorite animals ).

lol some of the guys are perverted but I am not sure if that is what they meant.  They like to pick on me a lot and sometimes I dont even recognize it.

Written By: Red Ant on 04/16/05 at 7:26 pm

lol some of the guys are perverted but I am not sure if that is what they meant.  They like to pick on me a lot and sometimes I dont even recognize it.

Just some of them? I....nevermind, keeping my mind out of the gutter.  :)

Written By: Pink Kitty on 04/16/05 at 7:29 pm

Just some of them? I....nevermind, keeping my mind out of the gutter.  :)

Well, okay there are about 10 guys in my class and yes all of them love to pick on me some how or another all but one who is quiet and not as nerdie as the rest.

Written By: Red Ant on 04/16/05 at 8:01 pm

Well, okay there are about 10 guys in my class and yes all of them love to pick on me some how or another all but one who is quiet and not as nerdie as the rest.

Only 10 guys in your class? Sounds like a private school there ( or a Home Economics class ). Nothing wrong with either ( I learned EXACTLY how bad a cook I was in home ec.( how can you screw up boiling water anyway? )).  :)

Written By: Pink Kitty on 04/16/05 at 8:02 pm

Only 10 guys in your class? Sounds like a private school there ( or a Home Economics class ). Nothing wrong with either ( I learned EXACTLY how bad a cook I was in home ec.( how can you screw up boiling water anyway? )).  :)

LOL actually its our normal class.  We are together 5 out of the 6 class periods a day.  We are the honors class so there is few of us.

Written By: Red Ant on 04/16/05 at 8:17 pm

LOL actually its our normal class.  We are together 5 out of the 6 class periods a day.  We are the honors class so there is few of us.

I was in honors/AP classes for a while untill I realized everyone around me was dumb. I then attended college at the age of 13, graduated MIT at 17, and have a PHD in Mathematics as well as a PHD in the fine art of Sarcasm ( grant money donated by George Carlin ).

Back to reality, I struggled with everything except mathematics.  :)

Written By: Pink Kitty on 04/16/05 at 8:18 pm

I was in honors/AP classes for a while untill I realized everyone around me was dumb. I then attended college at the age of 13, graduated MIT at 17, and have a PHD in Mathematics as well as a PHD in the fine art of Sarcasm ( grant money donated by George Carlin ).

Back to reality, I struggled with everything except mathematics.  :)

I hate math!  I swear that there has to be a way out of taking it.

Written By: Red Ant on 04/16/05 at 8:23 pm

I hate math!  I swear that there has to be a way out of taking it.

No way out of that! The ONLY ways out of math are become Ms. USA ( or wherever you are from ) or marry someone rich. Even at that, you will still know how to spend money ( an innate ability from birth for a lot of women ).  ;)

Math is great: What level math are you at right now?

Written By: Pink Kitty on 04/16/05 at 8:26 pm

No way out of that! The ONLY ways out of math are become Ms. USA ( or wherever you are from ) or marry someone rich. Even at that, you will still know how to spend money ( an innate ability from birth for a lot of women ).  ;)

Math is great: What level math are you at right now?

I am taking algebra 2 right now.  It is okay though.  I just sometimes dont like it because there is so much!!

Written By: Red Ant on 04/16/05 at 8:33 pm

I am taking algebra 2 right now.  It is okay though.  I just sometimes dont like it because there is so much!!

There is so much? There is ONLY an infinite amount of numbers to work with!!!!!!! ( and that's just between 0 and 1 such as 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 and so on ).

I'm sure you know common denominators right? Here's a bonus question I'll ask ( and give the answer to ) that you can turn in as extra credit in math:
Take all the whole numbers between 1 and 10 ( including 1 and 10 ). What is the lowest common denominator for all 10 numbers?

Written By: Pink Kitty on 04/16/05 at 8:34 pm

There is so much? There is ONLY an infinite amount of numbers to work with!!!!!!! ( and that's just between 0 and 1 such as 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 and so on ).

I'm sure you know common denominators right? Here's a bonus question I'll ask ( and give the answer to ) that you can turn in as extra credit in math:
Take all the whole numbers between 1 and 10 ( including 1 and 10 ). What is the lowest common denominator for all 10 numbers?

ummm guessing 1

Written By: Red Ant on 04/16/05 at 8:47 pm

ummm guessing 1

No. I see you hate math indeed ( I'm hoping that answer was sarcasm, but I surmise in this case it is not ). The lowest common denominator is the lowest whole number that all 10 numbers can be divided into ( without leaving fractions/remainders ). Let me explain:

All whole numbers are divisible by 1.( so 1 is excluded )
The numbers 2 and 4 are ALWAYS divisible into a number divisable by 8. ( 2 and 4 are excluded )
The number 3 is divisible by any number that can be divided by 9 ( 3 is excluded ).
All numbers divisible by 10 are also divisible by 5 ( 5 is excluded ).

Now all we have is 6-10. 6 is the tricky one. All numbers that can be divisible by both 8 ( 2x2x2 ) and 9 ( 3x3 ) are divisible by 6 ( 2x3 ).

Example: 8x9=72 6x12=72.

Since 8 and 9 share a common divisor together with 6 ( a 2 and a 3 ), we can now rule out 6.

So now we have 7, 8, 9, 10. We know that 7 is a prime number that shares no common denominators with 8 ( 2x2x2 ) 9 ( 3x3 ) or 10 ( 2x5 ).

So you multiply 7x8x9x10 and get the answer : 5040

Written By: Pink Kitty on 04/16/05 at 8:48 pm

No. I see you hate math indeed ( I'm hoping that answer was sarcasm, but I surmise in this case it is not ). The lowest common denominator is the lowest whole number that all 10 numbers can be divided into ( without leaving fractions/remainders ). Let me explain:

All whole numbers are divisible by 1.( so 1 is excluded )
The numbers 2 and 4 are ALWAYS divisible into a number divisable by 8. ( 2 and 4 are excluded )
The number 3 is divisible by any number that can be divided by 9 ( 3 is excluded ).
All numbers divisible by 10 are also divisible by 5 ( 5 is excluded ).

Now all we have is 6-10. 6 is the tricky one. All numbers that can be divisible by both 8 ( 2x2x2 ) and 9 ( 3x3 ) are divisible by 6 ( 2x3 ).

Example: 8x9=72 6x12=72.

Since 8 and 9 share a common divisor together with 6 ( a 2 and a 3 ), we can now rule out 6.

So now we have 7, 8, 9, 10. We know that 7 is a prime number that shares no common denominators with 8 ( 2x2x2 ) 9 ( 3x3 ) or 10 ( 2x5 ).

So you multiply 7x8x9x10 and get the answer : 5040

hmm I see why I hate math!

Written By: Red Ant on 04/16/05 at 8:52 pm

hmm I see why I hate math!

That was an actual question my 6th grade math teacher posed to me ( and I alone ) as I was quite good in math ( and figured out the answer in less than 3 minutes ). I did suck at geometry though.

PS- Feel free to print this page out and turn it in to your Algebra 2 teacher. Or just ask him the question and see how long/he she takes to figure it out.

Written By: Pink Kitty on 04/16/05 at 8:53 pm

That was an actual question my 6th grade math teacher posed to me ( and I alone ) as I was quite good in math ( and figured out the answer in less than 3 minutes ). I did suck at geometry though.

PS- Feel free to print this page out and turn it in to your Algebra 2 teacher. Or just ask him the question and see how long/he she takes to figure it out.

Im sure it wont take her long.  She is pretty smart.  And you sound very smart at math so if I ever need help with math I can ask you

Written By: Red Ant on 04/16/05 at 9:01 pm

Im sure it wont take her long.  She is pretty smart.  And you sound very smart at math so if I ever need help with math I can ask you

No problem. I used math all the time. How many hours did I waste watching TV today? ( I don't remember really-too busy trying to figure out if the Law & Order espisode was a re-run ) How many laws have I broken today? ( that answer would be ZERO ) How many useless thoughts have passed through my head today? ( I stopped counting after 583,688,981,389 ) :)

PS- Once you get past Algebra 2, I won't be of much help ( it's kinda hard to plot 4-dimensional graphs on here ). :)
See math is important!!!!!!!!!

Written By: Pink Kitty on 04/16/05 at 9:06 pm

No problem. I used math all the time. How many hours did I waste watching TV today? ( I don't remember really-too busy trying to figure out if the Law & Order espisode was a re-run ) How many laws have I broken today? ( that answer would be ZERO ) How many useless thoughts have passed through my head today? ( I stopped counting after 583,688,981,389 ) :)

PS- Once you get past Algebra 2, I won't be of much help ( it's kinda hard to plot 4-dimensional graphs on here ). :)
See math is important!!!!!!!!!

Well I am just worried about getting pass alegbra 2 right now

Written By: Red Ant on 04/16/05 at 9:11 pm

Well I am just worried about getting pass alegbra 2 right now

I hate to say it but I am worried about that as well. You will do fine. There are several ways that math can be done ( in many cases ) aside from the one your teacher is teaching you.

I have helped many of my friends who were clueless on math untill I explained some different perspectives on it, then did quite well ( most of them, one guy was completely confused about my ( correct ) explanation of static hydraulic theory---sad thing wa he was THE TEACHER! ( no lie there )).

Written By: Pink Kitty on 04/16/05 at 9:14 pm

I hate to say it but I am worried about that as well. You will do fine. There are several ways that math can be done ( in many cases ) aside from the one your teacher is teaching you.

I have helped many of my friends who were clueless on math untill I explained some different perspectives on it, then did quite well ( most of them, one guy was completely confused about my ( correct ) explanation of static hydraulic theory---sad thing wa he was THE TEACHER! ( no lie there )).

Oh wow you should talk to CNOIZE he is excellent at math as well

Written By: Red Ant on 04/16/05 at 9:26 pm

Oh wow you should talk to CNOIZE he is excellent at math as well

Sorry, I only share my vast wealth of generally worthless math trivia with those in need.

Besides, after the last time I had a math debate with someone better than me in math, I wound in in the Emergency Room somehow ( no bodily injury, must have been a mental overload. Plus the food in the Psyche Ward was lousy, and insurance didn't cover mental damage caused by math debates ( there was a clause in the policy )). I'm still paying off the medical bill by cleaning up toxic waste without suficient protection ( though it's nice to see my hands glow in the dark- I have no problem finding things anymore ).  ;)

Written By: Red Ant on 04/16/05 at 10:00 pm

Just saw your profile Pink Kitty. That was the age I took Algebra 2. Anyway, I see you have logged off for the night. Sleep well ( something I am incapable of ). PM me tomorrow or whenever or just post here. Good chatting with you.

Written By: Pink Kitty on 04/16/05 at 11:54 pm

Just saw your profile Pink Kitty. That was the age I took Algebra 2. Anyway, I see you have logged off for the night. Sleep well ( something I am incapable of ). PM me tomorrow or whenever or just post here. Good chatting with you.

I am back but only for a little bit.  Thought that I was tired but I am not so I guess I will post some more.

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/17/05 at 7:49 am

Welcome to the frenzy Pink kitty!

Written By: Pink Kitty on 04/17/05 at 3:53 pm

Welcome to the frenzy Pink kitty!

Ummm thank you very much!!

Written By: Tam on 04/19/05 at 12:51 pm

Glad you could be here with us Pink Kitty!

Written By: Pink Kitty on 04/19/05 at 2:38 pm

Thanks I am starting to get sort of bored with the threads now lol....

Written By: memory on 06/27/05 at 12:52 pm

welcome

Written By: Pink Kitty on 09/10/05 at 6:04 pm

Thanks dude, I barely come here for some odd reason!

Written By: whistledog on 09/10/05 at 6:17 pm

well chop chop!  Keep on postin' :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/10/05 at 10:31 pm

you should post more Jen...it's nice seeing you back!! :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 09/10/05 at 10:33 pm

Yeah, Jen..totally! Your new avatar picture is sooo cute!  :)

Beth

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/11/05 at 10:19 pm

Welcome to the boards, Pink Kitty.  :)

Written By: nally on 09/11/05 at 11:55 pm

Belated welcome to you, Pink Kitty! :) Hope you're enjoying the boards. 8)

Written By: Pink Kitty on 10/01/05 at 3:56 pm

Yeah, Jen..totally! Your new avatar picture is sooo cute!  :)

Beth

Aww thanks Beth!  I am going to change it here in a sec :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/01/05 at 10:09 pm

Hey Jen...I like your new avatar pic...who is that in the pic with you?

Written By: MERV SKILTON on 11/11/05 at 12:33 am

Gidday Pink Kitty.. I'm BIG MERV.. I'm new here mate! ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...