inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hi

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 03/31/05 at 10:06 am

Hello, AmIRighters. I'm Dumb Ass Kid and i'm from the UK (it's not as bad as you think, honest!). I've been submitting parodies to the site for about 2 weeks, but i've only just set up an account with the messageboard. I'm a bit stuck for what to say at the moment (don't worry - it won't last long!!!), so this is just my little way of introducing myself and saying hello!
So...er...hello!

Subject: Re: Hi

Written By: Marty McFly on 03/31/05 at 6:15 pm

Hey, welcome - nice to have ya onboard. I'm pretty new myself, but I'm already starting to consider this another message board home! :)

Cool to hear about your parody-writing here. I've actually been writing song parodies myself for years (just on notebooks, though!) -- Weird Al is my hero -- I should probably work on submitting some myself down the road.

PS: The cool thing about your username is that whenever I want to address you, I have an excuse to pull a Beavis & Butthead -- "Uh huh uh, hey Dumb*ass!" :D

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 03/31/05 at 6:25 pm

Hey, welcome - nice to have ya onboard. I'm pretty new myself, but I'm already starting to consider this another message board home! :)

Cool to hear about your parody-writing here. I've actually been writing song parodies myself for years (just on notebooks, though!) -- Weird Al is my hero -- I should probably work on submitting some myself down the road.

PS: The cool thing about your username is that whenever I want to address you, I have an excuse to pull a Beavis & Butthead -- "Uh huh uh, hey Dumb*a**!" :D

Thanx, Marty (Or should I call you 'beavis'?). I would really consider submitting some stuff if I were you. It's well worth it. Here are a few helpful hints for when you decide to:
1. Don't do a parody of Green Day's American Idiot or Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody - Each one has about 600 submissions between them, and people get kinda bored of reading the same ones. If you do do them, make sure they're good!
2. Don't worry if, when you submit a parody, it takes a while for someone to post a vote or a comment. You may find that you'll have to go off and read and rate other people's parodies before they start taking an interest in yours. The more parodies you do, the more interest you get - guaranteed
3. Classic American parodies do the best/get the most interest because about 85% of AmIRighters are American and adult. I've submitted a few UK parodies from the 2000s onwards, and i've found that they don't get as much interest as i'd hoped.
4. Keep trying! If at first people don't like your parodies it doesn't matter - you can't please everyone
5. When leaving a comment about someone else's parody, try to give constructive criticism. if you moan at them or complain, they'll hate you and start giving all your songs 111
6. Don't write Poo parodies! Only a few (sick minded) people like them - and i swear you'll not get many positive comments

Wow, i didn't think the day would ever come when I'd be handing out advice to someone else! Well, when you do submit a parody good luck and I swear i'll be the first to read it - even if its crap!  ;)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 03/31/05 at 6:53 pm

Is this the board where we decide which new members stay or not?

I say Yes, you can stay!  ;D ;D

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 04/01/05 at 5:21 am

Is this the board where we decide which new members stay or not?

I say Yes, you can stay!  ;D ;D

Thanks, GRS!  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 04/01/05 at 6:06 am

Welcome to the boards, Dumb Ass Kid. Being from the UK, you should call yourself 'Dumb Arse kid'.  ;)  ;D

Hope you like it here.  :)

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 04/01/05 at 6:16 am

Welcome to the boards, Dumb a** Kid. Being from the UK, you should call yourself 'Dumb Arse kid'.   ;)  ;D

Hope you like it here.  :)

I was tempted to call myself that, but it sounds a bit too nasty, whereass DAK sounds more humourous, and I've even been told that it contains a hint of sarcasm!
I do like it here!!! I've enjoyed submitting parodies at AmIRight for the last fortnight and i've been getting really positive responses! It's great!..

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 04/01/05 at 7:00 am

Hi there Dumb a$$  :)

Hmm, I enjoyed saying that  ;D

Brave name, man, hope it doesn't come back to bite you on the second half of itself, if that makes any sense  ;)

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 04/01/05 at 7:06 am

Hi there Dumb a$$  :)

Hmm, I enjoyed saying that  ;D

Brave name, man, hope it doesn't come back to bite you on the second half of itself, if that makes any sense  ;)

;D It kinda sucks though, because you can't post a reply featuring my full author name! You've either gotta edit it (a$$ - no, hang on, i'm from england - a££ / a**), or call me DAK

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/01/05 at 4:51 pm

Welcome.

Written By: Bobby on 04/01/05 at 5:36 pm

I was tempted to call myself that, but it sounds a bit too nasty, whereass DAK sounds more humourous, and I've even been told that it contains a hint of sarcasm!
I do like it here!!! I've enjoyed submitting parodies at AmIRight for the last fortnight and i've been getting really positive responses! It's great!..

Tee hee. It does sound a bit nasty, lol.  ;D

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 04/02/05 at 3:50 am

Welcome.

Wow, congrats! That's officially the shortest welcome i've had so far! Just 7 letters and a full stop!
;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/02/05 at 4:36 am

Hi.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 04/02/05 at 5:55 am

Hi.

Okay, okay, you win! Anyways, thanks everyone for making me feel welcome it's greatly appreciated
:) :) :)

Written By: joedeertae on 04/09/05 at 7:22 am

Welcome aboard the boards Dumb a** Kid.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 04/16/05 at 9:07 am

Welcome aboard the boards Dumb a** Kid.

Thanks, Joe

Written By: Red Ant on 04/18/05 at 5:38 am

Welcome here DAK. I see you took some of my advice from comments on www.amiright.com to heart. Sorry for the long delay time, I still have " Time Lag " ( see my profile for an explanation ).

Written By: Tam on 04/19/05 at 12:52 pm

Welcome Kid!!

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 04/19/05 at 1:04 pm

Thank you all! Wasn't expecting such a warm welcome, but since as i'm not really that new anymore, i'm gonna go welcome some even newer newbies!  :D

Written By: nally on 04/25/05 at 11:23 am

Belated welcome to ya, DAK!

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/01/05 at 5:54 pm

thanx, nally

Written By: memory on 06/27/05 at 12:50 pm

welcome

Check for new replies or respond here...