inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Im looking for someone

Written By: Mai on 08/21/05 at 8:33 am

Hello everyone  :D
I am new to this website.  Someone from Lycos chat sent me the link to here, and I found it entertaining  ;)
Now I am looking for that person - we were having a good music conversation, and I really enjoyed it untill my silly laptop got froze and closed all the windows that were open at the time  >:(
I like Jamiroquai, Daft Punk, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Queen, Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, The Clash, Madness, RJD2 etc etc.
If you have similar taste, or you have some cool artists to recommend me, I want to hear from you 8)

Subject: Re: Im looking for someone

Written By: FaultyDog on 08/21/05 at 9:11 am

Welcome to the boards Mai!

I like Jamiroquai, Daft Punk, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Queen, Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, The Clash, Madness, RJD2 etc etc.
If you have similar taste, or you have some cool artists to recommend me, I want to hear from you 8)

That's a pretty divers taste in music I'd say! I do have some Queen and Madness records in my collection. Jamiroquai and Daft Punk are alright with me. Led Zeppelin, The Who and The Clash...some of their songs are ok. Can't say that I've ever heard of Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra or RJD2, but from your list I take it it's either ska or two tone - and that's cool. 8)
Now if you also happen to like Depeche Mode, we could be on to something here... ;)

Either way: enjoy your stay and see you around! :D

Written By: Mai on 08/21/05 at 4:42 pm

Can't say that I've ever heard of Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra or RJD2, but from your list I take it it's either ska or two tone - and that's cool. 8)

Yes, Tokyo Ska paradise Orchestra is a big ska band from Japan (as you probably gussed from their name  :))  They have played in London not long ago.

RJD2 is not a ska or two tone artist.  His sound is vey unique - mixture of jazz, orchestra and R&B really cool stuff  8)  If you ever interested in trying his tune, I would recommend either Smoke and Mirror or Ghost Writer.  They are both on my i-Pod and listen to them every morning on the way to work!

Now, I heard of Depeche Mode, but only recognise their name.  I am interested in trying new tunes, so can you recommend your favourite?  Tell me your all-time favourite and least favourite bands  :D

Anyway, thank you for dropping the message.  Hope you hear from you soon again  ;)

Written By: FaultyDog on 08/22/05 at 3:42 pm

Now, I heard of Depeche Mode, but only recognize their name.  I am interested in trying new tunes, so can you recommend your favourite

That's a hard question to answer... there's a lot of songs I like very much. One of my all time favourites is "Little 15", but maybe you should listen to the entire album "Music For The Masses". I think it's Depeche Mode at their best. And then there's songs like "I feel you" and "Walking in my shoes" (both from the album "Songs of faith and devotion") or "Halo" (from the album "Violator", which also features their world wide hit "Enjoy the silence"). Now these songs may be kind of shocking to you, when you're more of a ska lover...

Tell me your all-time favourite and least favourite bands  :D

Well, my all-time favourite band is Depeche Mode (as you might have guessed). Least favourite bands...? Don't know. In general, I don't like heavy metal/death metal etc., but apart from that I find something enjoyable in almost every style of music.

Anyway, thank you for dropping the message.  Hope you hear from you soon again  ;)

You're welcome! And feel free to drop in anytime (as long as you remember that I'm in a different time zone!) :)

Written By: Mai on 08/22/05 at 4:02 pm

I will try your favourite songs :D  I enjoy listening to other people's favourite songs.  It usually results older the better  :P You can not think of your least favourite? wow - mine would be someone like Cliffe Richard..eek I can not stand his music!!  I must say I enjoy some heavy metal songs.  I am not a head-banger, but I enjoy songs like Memory Remains by Metalica and some by Black Sabbath, and some by Iron Maiden.  I also really like Muse - their music might not be heavy metal, but it is too light to be grouped as rock...hmmm...anyway, Muse, Radio Head are very cool  :D

Written By: FaultyDog on 08/22/05 at 4:39 pm

I will try your favourite songs :D  I enjoy listening to other people's favourite songs.  It usually results older the better  :P You can not think of your least favourite? wow - mine would be someone like Cliffe Richard..eek I can not stand his music!!  I must say I enjoy some heavy metal songs.  I am not a head-banger, but I enjoy songs like Memory Remains by Metalica and some by Black Sabbath, and some by Iron Maiden.  I also really like Muse - their music might not be heavy metal, but it is too light to be grouped as rock...hmmm...anyway, Muse, Radio Head are very cool  :D

Cliff Richard? It's SIR Cliff Richard! ;) Gosh - he was in showbizz way before I was born! Now I wouldn't say I like all of his songs, but I think "Some people" is quite enjoyable.
Metallica? Like I said: some songs are okay, like "Nothing else matters" or "One". I would never buy an album, though.
Black Sabbath? The only song I know by this band is "Paranoid", and I get to hear that about once a year (which is enough for me).
Iron Maiden? Hmm...no. I've heard enough of their songs to know that I don't like them.
Muse? I happen to have their album "Showbiz". I bought it beacuse I think "Unintended" is an absolutely brilliant song - but I was a bit disappointed by the rest of the album.
Radiohead? Again, no. Their songs all sound the same to me (especially "Karma police" and "No surprises").

Written By: richkeen22 on 08/24/05 at 6:11 am

hello Mai! :D

found him yet? anyway, good thing you signed up! welcome to the boards.. pretty nice music choices by the way.. :)

Written By: Mai on 08/24/05 at 5:51 pm

Thank you richkeen :)  No, I have not found him yet...I think he just browses this site, but not a member of message board :(  I hope I can find him soon.
What kind of music do you listen to?

Check for new replies or respond here...