inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hello from California

Written By: doctorhamsandwich on 05/14/06 at 8:42 pm

Just posted this in the "Playful Penguin Place" and someone pointed me here.

If not, sorry...

No particular reason for the name doctorhamsandwich, I just like the sound, and I do have a PhD. which proves that playing a lot of video games does not make you stupid! HattieOHarrison is my girlfriend. We live together.

I joined to play games, I have been an avid fan of video games ever since Pong which hit the world when I was just big enough to hold a paddle. The first video game I mastered (beat on one quarter) was Space Harrier. (Which, btw does anyone know where I can find an emulator for that one?)

Here I guess my favorite game is Mumu, it's a huge challenge but relaxing at the same time. Today I'm really getting into Looser. For a while Hattie and I were addicted to Mah Jongg Solitaire but then we discovered a cheat/glitch that made it less exciting. Znax compels me but timed games tend to mess up my mouse hand, I get too tense.

I think maybe I can start challenging Sister Morphine in her dominance of Alphabet Soup once I break down and buy a better mouse...

If there's anything else you want to know about me, feel free to ask. A couple of people wrote asking me to post. I found my way here because I was tired of all my old emulator games, the games here are awesome and kind of make me want to learn Flash... Those who wrote me, thanks for the invitation to post here.

peace
dhs

Subject: Re: Hello from California

Written By: 80s fanatic on 05/14/06 at 9:43 pm

Welcome to the boards !!!! I can't say I'm really good playing the games yet, but I'll have fun trying  :D Have fun posting  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...