inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New to this neck of the net...

Written By: hood on 12/27/06 at 10:34 am

Caught wind of this site while searching for unique food, im excited already seeing that board and all the extra stuff on music, culture and various interests.

I hail from northern NY and work in the woods as a field instructor at a wilderness therapy program for teens.  I believe strongly that there is always a second chance and that one never stops learning. I learn from my students as much as I hope they take from me. They are in a place where all distractions are removed and introspection, self reliance, and leadership take flight. I enjoy the outdoors in my spare time be it hiking, biking, skiing, fishing or hunting, especially ducks. I have a cat named satretch and a lab named bear. I have a degree in Env Science/Planning and Resource Mgmt. I grew up in suburban NY City and made my was as a caddie at a local golf club throughout highschool and summers in college. I am psyched to meet new people and share what I have to offer in positive and constructive ways.  Im off to check out the food and music sections...

Subject: Re: New to this neck of the net...

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/27/06 at 10:44 am

Caught wind of this site while searching for unique food, im excited already seeing that board and all the extra stuff on music, culture and various interests.

I hail from northern NY and work in the woods as a field instructor at a wilderness therapy program for teens.  I believe strongly that there is always a second chance and that one never stops learning. I learn from my students as much as I hope they take from me. They are in a place where all distractions are removed and introspection, self reliance, and leadership take flight. I enjoy the outdoors in my spare time be it hiking, biking, skiing, fishing or hunting, especially ducks. I have a cat named satretch and a lab named bear. I have a degree in Env Science/Planning and Resource Mgmt. I grew up in suburban NY City and made my was as a caddie at a local golf club throughout highschool and summers in college. I am psyched to meet new people and share what I have to offer in positive and constructive ways.  Im off to check out the food and music sections...

Hey Hood,

Welcome to the boards. 
You'd get along great with my husband, he's a duck hunter (He has a decal of your avatar on the back window of his truck!)
What part of NY did you grow up in, I'm a former New Yorker, now living in Virginia.

Written By: hood on 12/27/06 at 10:49 am

Hey Hood,

Welcome to the boards. 
You'd get along great with my husband, he's a duck hunter (He has a decal of your avatar on the back window of his truck!)
What part of NY did you grow up in, I'm a former New Yorker, now living in Virginia.

So funny! I have the decal on my truck, kinda why I went searchin for it as an avatar. I grew up in Mamaroneck...it was a great place to be raised, food, city, culture, all that jazz. I am enjoying a slower pace now and a quieter atmosphere, but Love going back to visit family for a few days here and there. Duck season is closed, vwery bummer, you hubby is lucky, I bet he has a few weeks left down there :)

Written By: KKay on 12/27/06 at 10:50 am

Hi Hood!

I"m from NYC and I also have a hunter family that would be interestedin what you do. I spend weekends up in Long Lake. Where are you upstate?
KK

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/27/06 at 10:53 am

So funny! I have the decal on my truck, kinda why I went searchin for it as an avatar. I grew up in Mamaroneck...it was a great place to be raised, food, city, culture, all that jazz. I am enjoying a slower pace now and a quieter atmosphere, but Love going back to visit family for a few days here and there. Duck season is closed, vwery bummer, you hubby is lucky, I bet he has a few weeks left down there :)

I grew up on Staten Island but I've been living in Southwest Virginia for about 18 years, I too love the slower pace.  I visit NY a few times a year but I can't wait to get back here.  

He's lucky...I am not!  I'm a duck hunting widow!  LOL!!  Thankfully it will be over in a few weeks.   :)

Have fun, this is a great place.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/27/06 at 10:55 am

Welcome to the boards, Hood....hope you enjoy yourself! :)

Written By: hood on 12/27/06 at 11:05 am

Hi Hood!

I"m from NYC and I also have a hunter family that would be interestedin what you do. I spend weekends up in Long Lake. Where are you upstate?
KK

All over. I live in Plattsburgh, work In Saranac Lake and have a camp in Old Forge....I pass through long quite a bit.  I stop at Blarney for burgers and Hoss's for worms. Stewarts for gas :) 

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/27/06 at 11:30 am

Welcome to the these boards, I hope you stay here will be a happy one.

Written By: esoxslayer on 12/27/06 at 11:38 am

Welcome aboard Hood!!  I'm from upstate NY myself, and have an avid passion for the outdoors and hunting as well. 

Sounds like you have an interesting job, and a great outlook on helping kids out with their problems.

Am somewhat familiar with the places you mentioned, have been through them a few times either on ice fishing adventures or hunting trips, and on occasion just for a relaxing weekend away.

Be talking to you, and once again, welcome!!!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/27/06 at 1:55 pm

Welcome to our fun little website and enjoy some karma!

Written By: KKay on 12/27/06 at 1:56 pm

All over. I live in Plattsburgh, work In Saranac Lake and have a camp in Old Forge....I pass through long quite a bit.  I stop at Blarney for burgers and Hoss's for worms. Stewarts for gas :) 

I know all those places really well. we'll be up there in a few weeks- and no doubt at the blarney stone for a beer.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/27/06 at 1:56 pm

Man, even if you start to hate this site, you just can't leave.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/27/06 at 6:07 pm

Welcome to our board, Hood! We were hoping for a cool new person to sign up for the new year and it looks as if we got our wish  ;)

Be cool!

Written By: Tam on 01/01/07 at 9:23 pm

Glad you stopped by Hood.
Even happier that you registered for an account so that we can get to know you!
Happy New Year!

Tam

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/01/07 at 10:10 pm

Greeting Hood and welcome. That's a nice intro, and I also am a firm believer in second chances. Nice to see ya putting your talents to some good use to helping kids.  I hope you enjoy your time here.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/02/07 at 1:27 pm

Welcome!! 

Written By: hood on 01/04/07 at 9:56 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome. I just got out of the woods after another week with a group of students. Lots of fun, good scenery, great hikes, snow and growth for them. We had newyears in a leanto on a pond near Lake Placid and the kids were great all week. I hope all had a safe and healthy one. Hot shower did me good after a week under the stars and a cold beer has me relaxed. I need some shuteye but will be checkin in and chatting for a few days to come. This forum is dynamic and seems to have a very fun aura. Catch ya'll later http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/smileinbox.gif

o yeah...whats this karamel sutra count?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/04/07 at 10:04 pm

o yeah...whats this karamel sutra count?

if someone says something or does something that you find to be worthy of a karma point....you click on "more karamel" and it gives them one. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...