inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Pink Daisy emerges blinking into the sunlight...

Written By: pink daisy on 01/01/07 at 4:58 pm

Hi Everybody,

Maybe I should introduce myself, as Badfinger Fan has suggested.  I stumbled onto this site when I was giggling over the misheard song lyrics on 'Am I Right?'  I think I clicked on something and ended up here, which was serendiipitous.  I like it!

I'm a newly single mum (yaay!) to two kids (an emo son of thirteen and a pink fluffy princess of seven.  She's a girl btw!) I live in Poole, Dorset, very close to possibly the best beach in th UK, lucky me.  I'm taking a year out from my midwifery degree (best job in the world) to look after the kids in the aftermath of breaking up with their Dad.    I absolutely love music and one of my most prized possessions is my beloved iPod, which goes everywhere with me.  I have a head stuffed full of 80s song lyrics and trivia, and very little else of any use.  I'm 41 but my head is only 19. 

It's nice to be here! 
  :)

Subject: Re: Pink Daisy emerges blinking into the sunlight...

Written By: danootaandme on 01/01/07 at 5:01 pm

Welcome aboard.  You will find a wierd, highly dysfunctional, family on this page.  We have arguments, laugh, cry, and all that stuff.  It is great having another single mom(I have a 15 yr old boy) and hopefully we can offer a couple of laughs and a shoulder while you get sorted out.

Written By: pink daisy on 01/01/07 at 5:06 pm

Thank you, that's really nice.  Life is a bit strange at the moment, but it's weird in a good way.  And I'm always up for a laugh!  ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/01/07 at 5:14 pm

Welcome!  I love your avatar!  Hope you enjoy the boards!  :)

Written By: pink daisy on 01/01/07 at 5:40 pm

I'm sure I will, and as for my avatar, all I can say is 'May all my dreams come true'!  Pretty please.

Written By: KKay on 01/01/07 at 7:38 pm

Hi Everybody,

Maybe I should introduce myself, as Badfinger Fan has suggested.  I stumbled onto this site when I was giggling over the misheard song lyrics on 'Am I Right?'  I think I clicked on something and ended up here, which was serendiipitous.  I like it!

I'm a newly single mum (yaay!) to two kids (an emo son of thirteen and a pink fluffy princess of seven.  She's a girl btw!) I live in Poole, Dorset, very close to possibly the best beach in th UK, lucky me. 
It's nice to be here! 

Hi!

I'm the same age as you, and live near the beach....and you replied to my Bruce Campbell thread, which makes you super cool...welcome!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/01/07 at 8:46 pm

Hi Everybody,

I'm a newly single mum (yaay!) to two kids (an emo son of thirteen and a pink fluffy princess of seven.  She's a girl btw!) I live in Poole, Dorset, very close to possibly the best beach in th UK, lucky me.   I'm taking a year out from my midwifery degree (best job in the world) to look after the kids in the aftermath of breaking up with their Dad.    I absolutely love music and one of my most prized possessions is my beloved iPod, which goes everywhere with me.  I have a head stuffed full of 80s song lyrics and trivia, and very little else of any use.  I'm 41 but my head is only 19. 

It's nice to be here! 
Greetings pink daisy and I'm glad you introduced yourself. I think you're gonna enjoy yourself here. I hope you do. This is a cool place with some cool people. Welcome to the boards at inthe00s.
http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/musicians/def_leppard_joe_elliott_GI.jpg  8)

Written By: Tam on 01/01/07 at 9:20 pm

Gosh, how he has aged! ^  ;D

Welcome to the boards Pink Daisy!
We love new members and are thrilled that you have come to see us.
Can't wait to read more of your posts!
And the people here will definitely lend an ear and suggestions anytime you ask!
Happy New Year!

Tam

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/01/07 at 10:10 pm

Welcome to the boards!! :)

Written By: nally on 01/01/07 at 11:35 pm

Hi, Pink Daisy!! Welcome to the forum! :) ;)

I see that you've been enjoying your stay here...and I hope you continue to do so. :)

Written By: pink daisy on 01/02/07 at 3:03 am

Thanks, Badfinger Fan, for the pic of Joe - and yes Tam, he has aged but I saw him on the Yeah! tour in June and I still would!

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 01/02/07 at 4:35 am

Hello, pink daisy! :) Welcome to the Club! :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/02/07 at 5:15 am

Hello Pink Daisy.  Love your name.  Welcome to the board.  You will find, like I did, that this place is addicting.

I hope you enjoy your time here and hope to get to know you well.

http://burnsidevillageflowers.com.au/graphics/daisy_pink.jpg

Written By: pink daisy on 01/02/07 at 5:39 am

You guys are all so nice.  Thanks for the daisy picture Bookmistress.  Thanks also to Belle Du Jour, maybe we can exchange tips on how to deal with kids (Or in my case, how to get my head round being the mother of a teenager when I'd only just about come to terms with motherhood itself!) Failing that, we could just go off and walk on the beach and leave the kids playing their guitars/playstations/iPods/whatever....

Written By: KKay on 01/02/07 at 8:14 am

You guys are all so nice.  Thanks for the daisy picture Bookmistress.  Thanks also to Belle Du Jour, maybe we can exchange tips on how to deal with kids (Or in my case, how to get my head round being the mother of a teenager when I'd only just about come to terms with motherhood itself!) Failing that, we could just go off and walk on the beach and leave the kids playing their guitars/playstations/iPods/whatever....

no prob..sounds great; only..I don't have kids, i have a dog. but the problems are much the same ;D

Written By: pink daisy on 01/02/07 at 8:39 am

I think so.  I know my kids chew the furniture...

Written By: Tia on 01/02/07 at 8:51 am

yo pink daisy!

i'm just flying out of the UK tomorrow, we're 15 minutes from brighton.

Written By: pink daisy on 01/02/07 at 9:05 am

I hope you've had a fantastic time - Brighton is wicked.  Safe journey home.

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/02/07 at 9:14 am

Welcome!!  This is a great place!!  :)

Written By: Gis on 01/02/07 at 10:21 am

Hi Pink Daisy, welcome aboard!

I'm also in the U.K (near Oxford) galloping towards 40 and still about 20 in my head. Lucky you living near the sea I'd love too.

Written By: pink daisy on 01/02/07 at 10:33 am

I used to live in Oxford myself, Gis.  Cowley Road.  Beautiful city (tho Cowley Road isn't too beautiful, I have to say.  More of a dump!)  That would have been in 1986, I think.

Written By: Gis on 01/02/07 at 10:52 am

I used to live in Oxford myself, Gis.  Cowley Road.  Beautiful city (tho Cowley Road isn't too beautiful, I have to say.  More of a dump!)  That would have been in 1986, I think.
They have been trying hard with the Cowley road but then it couldn't have got much worse! ;D
It's not bad now, lots of restaurants which is good and lots of expensive wine bars which is bad. I moved here in '84 with my parents and just ended up staying.

Written By: karen on 01/03/07 at 10:02 am

Welcome to the boards pink daisy.  I'm also in the UK in the East Midlands, about as far from the beach as it is possible to get!

Written By: Brian06 on 01/03/07 at 2:31 pm

Welcome.  :)

Written By: FaultyDog on 01/03/07 at 2:38 pm

Welcome to the boards Pink Daisy!

Looks like you've already found your feet. :) Enjoy your stay and see you around!

Written By: DJ Midas on 01/03/07 at 7:01 pm

Welcome a-board, pink daisy! 8)

Check for new replies or respond here...