inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: From your neighbor to the north, eh

Written By: malibumike65 on 01/13/07 at 5:52 pm

Hi, My name is Michael E Cormier aka "malibumike65". I only found this website by a fluke last week, and have been having the time of my life here the last few days. I am 41 years old, I live in NB, Canada, and have been writing parodies, along with serious songs for over 20 years. Some of the parodies that I've seen over on "amiright" are really funny, and I have already submitted several myself. I never knew such a site existed, but I'm glad I found it. This place rocks!!!!!!!!!

Subject: Re: From your neighbor to the north, eh

Written By: spaceace on 01/13/07 at 7:11 pm

Welcome, eh!!! :)

Written By: esoxslayer on 01/13/07 at 7:13 pm

ahhhhh, great white north, eh?...backbacon and beer, eh??  The Habs, eh??  jelly doughnut, eh??

Welcome aboard!!!

Written By: malibumike65 on 01/13/07 at 7:31 pm

Thanks for the welcome, eh! I wonder if we can sue the Fonz for copyright infringment? lol

Written By: whitewolf on 01/13/07 at 7:31 pm

Hi, welcome to the site- there are a few New Brunswickers here, including me  :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/13/07 at 9:49 pm

Hey Michael...welcome to the boards....we are glad to have you here! :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/13/07 at 10:18 pm

O_O Another Mike!?

Written By: whistledog on 01/13/07 at 11:16 pm

Welcome to another fellow Hosehead :)

Written By: malibumike65 on 01/14/07 at 12:12 pm

Thanks all. I appreciate the warm welcome. Whitewolf, I'm from SJ. Where u at?

Written By: Henk on 01/14/07 at 3:56 pm

Well, you're not my neighbour to the north, but welcome anyway. ;)

Enjoy your stay and see you around!
:)

Written By: malibumike65 on 01/15/07 at 1:03 am

What, a Canadian slipped by the guards?!  ;D As you can probably already tell, your countrymen have established quite a presence here.  8)

Yeah. Sorry for sending you Celine Dion, but she was shattering too many windows up here with her voice. lol

Written By: whistledog on 01/15/07 at 1:21 am

Yeah. Sorry for sending you Celine Dion, but she was shattering too many windows up here with her voice. lol

Nice to meet another fellow Sealion Dion hater ;D

I used to work with a guy from Quebec who hated Celine Dion, so come Christmas Time, we got him a Celine Dion calendar, so he could enjoy her all year long ;D

Written By: malibumike65 on 01/15/07 at 3:29 am

I used to work with a guy from Quebec who hated Celine Dion, so come Christmas Time, we got him a Celine Dion calendar, so he could enjoy her all year long ;D

Yeah, another thing about her that creeps me out is her husband. He started managing her when she was fourteen, and he was around thirty years old. He later left his wife to be with her. Kinda creepy if you ask me.

Written By: whistledog on 01/15/07 at 5:03 pm

Yeah, another thing about her that creeps me out is her husband. He started managing her when she was fourteen, and he was around thirty years old. He later left his wife to be with her. Kinda creepy if you ask me.

Rene Angelil.  It is all very creepy yes.  He's like 30 years her senior.  It's the same sort of deal with Shania and her husband Mutt, though I think it's only maybe 20 years between them

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/21/07 at 10:33 pm

Welcome!

Written By: malibumike65 on 01/22/07 at 8:36 am

Welcome!

Thanks Jamie.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/27/07 at 9:18 pm

Greetings malibumike65. Glad you like the place. it does rock and you like many others, myself included, found this place by a fluke. have fun

Written By: malibumike65 on 01/28/07 at 3:25 am

Greetings malibumike65. Glad you like the place. it does rock and you like many others, myself included, found this place by a fluke. have fun

I couldn't have more fun if I had a fist full of hundred dollar bills heading for the Mustang Ranch! lol  Thanks for the welcome Badfinger-fan.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 02/08/07 at 1:46 am

Hello & welcome from down under.  8)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 02/08/07 at 6:21 am

Sorry I'm late in welcoming you, but um...welcome anyways.  Glad to see you are having a good time here, it is quite addicting

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/25/07 at 11:41 pm

Thanks Jamie.

Your welcome.... eh!

Written By: statsqueen on 03/26/07 at 1:47 pm

Hi, My name is Michael E Cormier aka "malibumike65". I only found this website by a fluke last week, and have been having the time of my life here the last few days. I am 41 years old, I live in NB, Canada, and have been writing parodies, along with serious songs for over 20 years. Some of the parodies that I've seen over on "amiright" are really funny, and I have already submitted several myself. I never knew such a site existed, but I'm glad I found it. This place rocks!!!!!!!!!

A late welcome from another new fan of these boards.  I also found this place by a fluke last week and really haven't left!  I can tell you that you have stumbled into a great group of people!  ;D  And you are welcome to have Celine back anytime you want her...but we are keeping Diana Krall!

~ Your neighbor to the south--and over (Michigan, here)

Written By: statsqueen on 03/26/07 at 1:58 pm

I couldn't have more fun if I had a fist full of hundred dollar bills heading for the Mustang Ranch! lol  Thanks for the welcome Badfinger-fan.

Funny how you mention the Mustang Ranch and then I find this on cnn.com...

RENO, Nevada (AP) -- The last remaining building on the grounds where the infamous Mustang Ranch brothel once stood went up in flames Sunday.

The 48-room, 20,000-square-foot structure known as the Mustang Ranch II annex was destroyed as part of a firefighting training exercise.

"It's out with the old and in with the new," said a woman who goes by Air Force Amy, who once worked there. "The day of the $20 roll in the hay in a trailer is gone."

The building was the last at the former site of the Mustang Ranch, the state's first legal brothel. The government padlocked the ranch, located just east of Reno, in 1999 after years of tax problems.

In 2003, the government auctioned off the annex for $8,600 to Dennis Hof, a brothel owner who planned to use it as a museum. Moving it was too expensive, so he donated it to fire crews.

Amy, now employed by Hof, said the annex was built in 1983 for male prostitutes but the plans didn't fly. It later housed about 20 women compared with 50 women at the busier main building.

The government sold the gaudy pink stucco buildings that formed the heart of the complex for $145,000 to another brothel owner, who moved them to another site and continues to operate them under the famous name.

The BLM plans to return the Mustang Ranch land to a natural state and use it for public access to the Truckee River.

**And just for the record, it is a DIFFERENT Amy!  ;)

Written By: statsqueen on 03/26/07 at 2:19 pm

A late welcome from another new fan of these boards.  I also found this place by a fluke last week and really haven't left!  I can tell you that you have stumbled into a great group of people!   ;D  And you are welcome to have Celine back anytime you want her...but we are keeping Diana Krall!

~ Your neighbor to the south--and over (Michigan, here)

Almost forgot one of the most important musical groups that I for one want...

Great Big Sea  (you can have Bryan Adams back)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 03/28/07 at 4:45 am

From the sun-drenched shores of the Western Coast of the continent does the benign, benevolent and bleary-eyed entitiy known as HawkTheSlayer welcome you.

I noticed you are from the same great country that produced Howie Mandel, the Mackensie Brothers and the legends of Yukon Jack, 'A'.

So, like, good day, 'A', and don't forget yer tuke!

Written By: Tia on 03/28/07 at 5:35 am

alas, i'm not sure malibumike is around much anymore. he posted this thing a couple months ago saying he was having some personal problems and might not be coming around anymore for a while.

shame too, he's a cool dude.

Written By: Dominic L. on 03/29/07 at 8:31 pm

... I just read his latest post. Man, that's depressing.

Written By: Tia on 03/29/07 at 10:15 pm

... I just read his latest post. Man, that's depressing.
iddinit? i hope he works out his stuff and comes back to the boards, i think he added a lot. :(

Written By: Dominic L. on 03/29/07 at 11:25 pm

iddinit? i hope he works out his stuff and comes back to the boards, i think he added a lot. :(

XD I don't recall anything he's ever posted, except that pic of him that looked exactly like his old avatar.

I wonder if he's homeless?

Written By: Marian on 05/03/07 at 11:50 am

IS NEW BRUNSWICK AN ISLAND?

Written By: McDonald on 07/09/07 at 12:51 am

There are two kinds of Québecers... those who hate Céline Dion, and those who are butt-crazy in love with her. I would put myself as an exception to this rule in saying that I have no opinion. I neither like her nor dislike her.

Written By: McDonald on 07/09/07 at 12:53 am

IS NEW BRUNSWICK AN ISLAND?

No. New Brunswick is a province fully connected to mainland Canada. It borders Québec to the west and Nova Scotia to the east. And if you feel like taking a long ride on a bridge you can also drive to P.E.I. from there, which is an island (hence the name).

Check for new replies or respond here...