inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bradford Boogie says Hi

Written By: Bradford Boogie on 04/02/07 at 1:06 pm

Hi Everyone,

Nice to discover this site. I've been writing and recording song parodies for a living since 1987. Geez, I'm old! The vast majority of my work has been for radio over that time, both for my own clients and for syndicated comedy services for radio like TM Century and Morning Sidekick.

The world of radio has changed radically over the last few years, for a number of reasons, and radio stations no longer have budgets for services like mine. So, I'm now offering my parodies to the public as MP3 downloads on my website.

My approach to parody writing is topical. Rather than starting with a song and trying to find a way to "twist" it, I start with a topic, and try to find a song to fit the topic. My first submission to amiright is a parody of Down On The Corner by CCR. It's Down With Sanjaya, about the lamest American Idol contestant.

Anyway, it's great to participate in such an active and diverse parody writing community.

Subject: Re: Bradford Boogie says Hi

Written By: whistledog on 04/02/07 at 1:28 pm

Hello Bradford Boogie and welcome to the site! :)

Subject: Re: Bradford Boogie says Hi

Written By: spaceace on 04/02/07 at 8:09 pm

Greetings!!! :)

Check for new replies or respond here...