inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: horrorcore fan joinin the site

Written By: rock and rye on 06/28/07 at 5:31 am

hi i'm dave and i'm a fan of the horrorcore genre of music as well as most metal. i'm from the D(Detroit rock city) but I moved away for a few years(Columbus, oh) and i'm back as of last year. moved here with my baby girl Claire who i live with. i've been down with the clown(icp) for about 6 years now, a friend got me into them back in the day. the dark carnival is a big part of my life and who i am i'd be lost without it

i have an internet geek side so here i am, joinin you fine folks. haha

Subject: Re: horrorcore fan joinin the site

Written By: karen on 06/28/07 at 5:49 am

Welcome to the boards Dave.  I see you've already jumped into a few discussions

Written By: rock and rye on 06/28/07 at 5:53 am

thanks. ^ yea im an insomniac and i need somethin to do in times like this. lol
this place seems fun

Written By: whistledog on 06/28/07 at 4:26 pm

Welcome to the boards Dave :)
You and Davey Thrashmeister will get along well.  He's into that type of music as well I do believe

Written By: La Roche on 06/28/07 at 4:35 pm

Welcome to the boards Dave :)
You and Davey Thrashmeister will get along well.  He's into that type of music as well I do believe

Pretty much, except I dislike the band he likes the most.  ;D

Written By: rock and rye on 06/28/07 at 5:38 pm

Pretty much, except I dislike the band he likes the most.  ;D

haha thats cool im used to it, one of ICP's nicknames is 'the world's most hated band'. lol

which as a fan i find a little odd, i guess the media just isn't fair to them. their message is actually a good one and the sense of community and friendship among the Juggalos is just incredible, even if the world doesn't care for the music i cant see how you could deny that that aspect of it at least, is a good thing.

anyway do you like dimmu borgir, davey? oh and uh nice name. haha

thanks for welcoming me everybody.

Written By: La Roche on 06/28/07 at 6:00 pm

haha thats cool im used to it, one of ICP's nicknames is 'the world's most hated band'. lol

which as a fan i find a little odd, i guess the media just isn't fair to them. their message is actually a good one and the sense of community and friendship among the Juggalos is just incredible, even if the world doesn't care for the music i cant see how you could deny that that aspect of it at least, is a good thing.

anyway do you like dimmu borgir, davey? oh and uh nice name. haha

thanks for welcoming me everybody.

Yeah, I'm a dimmu borgir fan.

I loved ICP, then it came out they were all Christian and s**t, I was like F**k that!

Written By: rock and rye on 06/28/07 at 6:15 pm

Yeah, I'm a dimmu borgir fan.

I loved ICP, then it came out they were all Christian and s**t, I was like F**k that!

yeah a lot of people turned their backs on the carnival because of that. but its not a christian message, the dark carnival isn't the christian god. icp mean for it to not to be any specific deity or concept of god, they have said its before its up to each individual what it means to them.

and i guess your also into stuff like Marilyn Manson, Crade of Filth, Slipknot, Slayer, Mudvayne, Rammstein, Rob Zombie etc. ?

Written By: La Roche on 06/28/07 at 6:17 pm

yeah a lot of people turned their backs on the carnival because of that. but its not a christian message, the dark carnival isn't the christian god. icp mean for it to not to be any specific deity or concept of god, they have said its before its up to each individual what it means to them.

and i guess your also into stuff like Marilyn Manson, Crade of Filth, Slipknot, Slayer, Mudvayne, Rammstein, Rob Zombie etc. ?

Manson is a showman of course, but his music is tame. I got tired of Dani Filth's girly antics. Slipknot I find acceptable, same with Rammstein and Rob Zombie.

SLAYER OWN MY SOUL!!

I remember when it all came out, they basically said they were on the side of God and I totally glazed on that, it's like, errrr Ok, hail satan guys.  :)

Written By: Tam on 06/29/07 at 6:12 pm

Wow! I just found this thread! My fault. I am so lax sometimes that I forget to check here. Funny thing though - I joined almost 3 years ago and have yet to write a thread introducing myself! ;D

Anyway Dave, welcome to our forum.
You will find members of all walks of life here, you may even find the best of friends here.
We offer pretty much anything you want to talk about (of course, as long as you stay within the lines of the forum rules and if you are looking for good debate, the politics section has some of it's own etiquette rules too) ;)

ICP is definitely not my taste in music, but it is always good to have people who enjoy very different things.
You remind me of another member we used to have here, so I am sure you will fit in just fine.....

ChuckyG is the owner of the site! He's a cool guy
Red Ant, Bobo and I are moderators, we can help out anytime you need it.
There are also Single Board Moderators, so if you want to post something but don't really know where it should go, hit one of them up, they will be happy to help you too.

Cheers!

Tam

Written By: spaceace on 06/29/07 at 6:24 pm

Hello and welcome to our little corner of the internet. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/29/07 at 9:22 pm

hey there dude.....how goes it? ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/30/07 at 3:01 am

Hello Dave, welcome to the boards, I hope your stay here will be a happy one.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/01/07 at 4:30 am

Greetings Dave. welcome to the mayhem

Written By: Tia on 07/04/07 at 5:56 am

what's the best insane clown posse song for the uninitiated? i've never heard them and have heard the disparaging rumors, but i'm a big mr. bungle fan so anyone who plays dressed like clowns automatically starts off on third base with me.

Written By: La Roche on 07/04/07 at 9:51 am

what's the best insane clown posse song for the uninitiated? i've never heard them and have heard the disparaging rumors, but i'm a big mr. bungle fan so anyone who plays dressed like clowns automatically starts off on third base with me.

I've always liked Suicide Hotline & The Dating Game.

Check for new replies or respond here...