inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Greetings

Written By: tokjct on 08/17/07 at 4:29 pm

Actually...I've been around here since Dec. 30, 2006. But it's never too late to say "Hi" to everyone.

I spend a lot of time in the arcade, but there have been a number of good threads to which I've enjoyed contributing.

Lived in NYC up until July of 2006 when we moved to south Florida near Ft Lauderdale.

My three children all live in California.

Here's the latest video of my grandson, Sebatian and his furry friend, Ava:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xwHwqZitOo

peace...Lee  8)

Subject: Re: Greetings

Written By: whistledog on 08/17/07 at 5:05 pm

Good to officially meet ya Lee :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/17/07 at 5:26 pm

Welcome to the mainstay of the boards, I trust you are enjoying your stay here?

Written By: Red Ant on 08/17/07 at 8:14 pm

Official welcome to the boards, Lee.

You're really 66?  :o You must have led one very interesting (and clean) life to still be interested in arcade games, let alone take down so many of my scores!  ;)

Karma to you!

What's your secret? And, what does your user name "tokjct" mean?

Ant

PS: That's probably the cutest 22 seconds of video I have ever seen.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/17/07 at 8:17 pm

Here is an official "Bookmistress" welcome.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/hiding.gif 

I see your name alot in the arcade, as I am there alot too.  :)  Keep up the good work.  8)

Patty

Written By: ladybug316 on 08/17/07 at 9:26 pm

Hello Lee http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/butter.gif

Written By: Henk on 08/18/07 at 12:07 am

An official welcome to the boards from me as well, Lee. :)

Try as you might, I don't think you can take my top score on "Bloody Pingu". ;)

And, what does your user name "tokjct" mean?

Ant

Tok Junction, Alaska, if I remember correctly - but I better let Lee explain.

Subject: Re: The scoop on TOKJCT

Written By: tokjct on 08/21/07 at 9:21 pm

I was on a mountain climbing expedtion back in 1965 when I was a medic at Fort Richardson, near Anchorage.
I was the assistant to the Brigade Surgeon and I participated in a very exciting Hugh Altitude Research Project  where 16 soldiers, including four doctors, climbed Mount Wrangell...14,500 feet...and our base camp near the mountain was loctaed at TOK JUNCTION, Alaska...Hence...my internet nic "tokjct."    8)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/21/07 at 9:41 pm

Welcome Lee! :)

Written By: KKay on 08/21/07 at 11:48 pm

hey Lee:

welcome aboard!

Subject: Re: Greetings from your wife, Lee

Written By: laffytaffy on 08/22/07 at 2:28 pm

;D

Hi Dear Lee,

You forgot to mention your BEAUTIFUL wife you married back in 2002?  That's me
and hello all.  I've been very happy and have a wonderful husband.  Lee has
pointed out the website to me and I've been active on the arcades, not much for
posting..

Written By: tokjct on 08/22/07 at 10:45 pm

;D

Hi Dear Lee,

posting..

Awwwww......Aren't I lucky... :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/22/07 at 10:46 pm

;D

Hi Dear Lee,

posting..

welcome to you too, Laffytaffy! You should post more..there are some great folks on here! :)

Written By: laffytaffy on 08/23/07 at 2:06 pm

welcome to you too, Laffytaffy! You should post more..there are some great folks on here! :)

Hey Quirk, howdy back at you..
Well, I would post more, but Tokjct is such a computer "hog", not really..:-)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/28/07 at 1:25 am

OMG, that dog is eating the baby alive and you guys are filming it?  ;D  J/K, a hearty welcome to you tokjct  & to your better half laffytaffy.  wow, 14,600 ft. mountain?? that's a feat, even for a young man in 65'    My wife and I are "considering" climbing half dome in 2009 but we'll have to see what kind of shape we are both in. she will be 50 & I'll be 53.  so where in California do your kids reside? we're in the SF bay area.

Written By: tokjct on 08/29/07 at 12:49 am

OMG, that dog is eating the baby alive and you guys are filming it?  ;D  J/K, a hearty welcome to you tokjct  & to your better half laffytaffy.  wow, 14,600 ft. mountain?? that's a feat, even for a young man in 65'    My wife and I are "considering" climbing half dome in 2009 but we'll have to see what kind of shape we are both in. she will be 50 & I'll be 53.  so where in California do your kids reside? we're in the SF bay area.

Let's see...in 1965 I was 24.  Climbing a 14,500 ft mountain was (puff-puff) a bit rough...for a smoker at the time...but I did it and it was a real trip.  I remember looking out at the Wrangell mountains with the Alaska range in the backround...Mt McKinley etc...and regardless of the fact that we were so high where the air is thin...it literally took our breath away...the beauty and majesty of the view from up there was "breath-taking."

This past June, my wife and I stopped off in Asheville NC, and took a short ride down the Blue Ridge Parkway to Mount Pisgah.  We climbed it...and though it's only a bit above 4000 feet...it was a great hike. 

My older daughter, her husband and the little guy...and the doggy...live in Los Angeles...(W Hollywood, Beverly Hills area)...
My younger daughter and my son share a house in the Redwood City area south of San Francisco.

Good luck on your climb...Remember, one step at a time...you can climb any mountain...Of course, as you get older it just takes a bit longer.
peace...Lee ;)

Written By: coqueta83 on 08/29/07 at 8:08 pm

Welcome! Have fun!  :) :)

Written By: statsqueen on 10/17/07 at 8:24 pm

Welcome Lee & Laffytaffy,

My cousin & his wife live in Tok.  :)

Written By: tokjct on 10/17/07 at 10:05 pm

Welcome Lee & Laffytaffy,

My cousin & his wife live in Tok.   :)

Wow...Isn't it a small world?  When you speak to your cousin, ask him if Rosent's Restaurant is still there at Tok Junction and if so, do they still make the best flapjacks south of Mount McKinley...and does anyone at Rosent's remember back in June 1965 when a helicopter dropped 16 very very hungry mountain-climbing troops into their front yard (in two trips) to eat.
peace...Lee

Written By: statsqueen on 10/18/07 at 7:05 pm

Wow...Isn't it a small world?  When you speak to your cousin, ask him if Rosent's Restaurant is still there at Tok Junction and if so, do they still make the best flapjacks south of Mount McKinley...and does anyone at Rosent's remember back in June 1965 when a helicopter dropped 16 very very hungry mountain-climbing troops into their front yard (in two trips) to eat.
peace...Lee

Lee,

lol I will try to remember to ask my aunt if he's said anything.  ;D  I personally haven't seen or spoken with him since I was 11 (he gave me a stuffed standing kodiak bear the last Christmas he was here). 

Written By: nally on 10/20/07 at 5:56 pm

Hello again, Lee! Glad to see ya.

Jeff :)

Written By: ninny on 10/22/07 at 6:24 am

Hi Lee , I'm Ninny I am also new just thought I would say hello.

Written By: tokjct on 10/22/07 at 8:14 pm

Hello again, Lee! Glad to see ya.

Jeff :)

Good to be greeted again, Jeff.  That's what I like about this whole group...friendship...civility...warmth...camaraderie.
peace...Lee http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/1blue1.gif

Written By: tokjct on 10/22/07 at 8:22 pm

Hi Lee , I'm Ninny I am also new just thought I would say hello.

...And Hello to you Ninny.  I see you are from upstate NY.  I used to go regularly to a great doctor up in Suffern.  I had an uncle who lived in New City, Rockland Cty, and another uncle who lived in Lincolndale, near Mahopac.  I went to Camps, many years ago, in Andes, Niverville, Highland, and up in the Adirondacks in a town called Balfour Lake.  I made many trips from NYC to Montreal via the Thruway and the Northway.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/cheering.gif
peace...Lee

Check for new replies or respond here...