inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: hello everyone

Written By: ninny on 10/21/07 at 5:37 pm

Hi I'm  Ninny real name Janine my cousin could not pronounce Janine when i was born so that's why I'm Ninny. I'm in my 40's like alot of sports and music. ,not working ,had a stroke a year and a half ago,doing better now, so hello everybody

Subject: Re: hello everyone

Written By: wildcard on 10/21/07 at 6:49 pm

welcome ninny

Written By: Red Ant on 10/21/07 at 7:25 pm

Welcome to the boards, and karma to you.  Do you prefer Janine or Ninny?

Ant

Written By: nally on 10/21/07 at 7:26 pm

Interesting story of your username. Welcome to the boards!! I'm Jeffrey...pleased to meet you. :)

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/21/07 at 7:34 pm

Hi Janine. I'd say you've probably got about the cutest avatar I've seen on these boards.

A stroke at 40? Wow ! I thought you had to be a lot older to get one of those ...

Anyway, hello, have a great time here ... and like Jack has done ('Red Ant')  ... have some karma

Written By: coqueta83 on 10/21/07 at 8:02 pm

Welcome! I hope you'll have lots of fun here!  :) :)

Written By: ninny on 10/21/07 at 8:10 pm

Hi Janine. I'd say you've probably got about the cutest avatar I've seen on these boards.

A stroke at 40? Wow ! I thought you had to be a lot older to get one of those ...

Anyway, hello, have a great time here ... and like Jack has done ('Red Ant')  ... have some karma
Well Actually I'm in my 40's I had the Stroke when i was 46

Written By: ninny on 10/21/07 at 8:11 pm

Welcome to the boards, and karma to you.  Do you prefer Janine or Ninny?

Ant
Both are fine some people even call me j9

Written By: ninny on 10/21/07 at 8:11 pm

welcome ninny
Thank You

Written By: ninny on 10/21/07 at 8:12 pm

Interesting story of your username. Welcome to the boards!! I'm Jeffrey...pleased to meet you. :)
Thank You, nice to meet you too.

Written By: ninny on 10/21/07 at 8:13 pm

Welcome! I hope you'll have lots of fun here!  :) :)
Thank You I'm sure I will

Written By: ladybug316 on 10/21/07 at 8:19 pm

I had a wonderful Aunt that we called Ninny, although her name was Antoinette.  Welcome and have a good time.

Written By: ninny on 10/22/07 at 6:19 am

I had a wonderful Aunt that we called Ninny, although her name was Antoinette.   Welcome and have a good time.
Thank you,I'm already having a good time.

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/22/07 at 6:34 am

http://www.inthe00s.com/avatars/Other/kitty.gif

Hmm. I hadn't realised till just now that your avatar is one of the custom supplied options under 'other'. It's called 'kitty'. Nevertheless, I can't recall anyone else using it .... so well chosen !  8)

For the record ... this was my original avatar ...  http://www.inthe00s.com/avatars/80s/aha.png ... back in the days when I was '70sto80sGUY'. (The group are 'A-ha').

Written By: ninny on 10/22/07 at 12:27 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/avatars/Other/kitty.gif

Hmm. I hadn't realised till just now that your avatar is one of the custom supplied options under 'other'. It's called 'kitty'. Nevertheless, I can't recall anyone else using it .... so well chosen !  8)

For the record ... this was my original avatar ...  http://www.inthe00s.com/avatars/80s/aha.png ... back in the days when I was '70sto80sGUY'. (The group are 'A-ha'). Well I'm a big Fan of what you chosen,and yes I am a cat lover

Written By: Red Ant on 10/22/07 at 10:19 pm

Both are fine some people even call me j9

As bad as I type sometimes, I'll not call you j9, because I could accidentally type a k instead of a j. Maybe ninny is best for me (though you might see "minny" once - please don't be offended, lol).

Ant

Written By: ninny on 10/23/07 at 7:12 am

As bad as I type sometimes, I'll not call you j9, because I could accidentally type a k instead of a j. Maybe ninny is best for me (though you might see "minny" once - please don't be offended, lol).

Ant K9 ha thats good, oh well I've been called worse.

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/23/07 at 9:33 am

"Humor is mankinds greatest blessing"  Mark Twain

Hmm. That Mark Twain and I ... reckon we might have hit it off. Well, I do try (at least, on these boards).

Interestingly as I recall, he was born the year Halley's Comet arrived ... and correctly predicted his death would occur on it's next return ... approx 75 / 76 years later !

Written By: 80schild on 10/24/07 at 2:24 pm

Animaniacs said it best. HelllOOoO NuUurRseeEe!

Written By: ninny on 10/26/07 at 9:35 am

Animaniacs said it best. HelllOOoO NuUurRseeEe!
Well Howdy, How goes it?

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/26/07 at 9:57 am

Sorry Janine, I just noticed that I have not said hello to you. I hope you stay here will be a happy one.

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/26/07 at 10:00 am

Well Howdy, How goes it?

and howdy back to you too, 'ninny'. Let me just say ....

You've been here about 5 minutes (relatively speaking) ..... but your postcount ....... WOW ! .......... that is mightily impressive. Hey, watch out Philip Eno !  Look at this ......

107.889 per day

That is certainly in Philip Eno territory. Now .. I am sure Philip will be mightily pleased for your 'postwhoring' assistance.  What he will be hoping ... is that you have some sisters etc; to join these boards too !

Speak of the 'devil' ....... the postwhore supremo (at least ... for now !  ;) ;D ) has just gotten in before I could submit 'post'.

Posted by: Philip Eno
Insert Quote
Sorry Janine, I just noticed that I have not said hello to you. I hope you stay here will be a happy one.

Nice to see you both acquainted !  :D ;D

Written By: Marian on 10/26/07 at 1:09 pm

I know!i seriously thought you had changed yours to something effeminate!LOL

Written By: Marian on 10/26/07 at 1:10 pm

And anyway--welcome,Ninny! ;)

Written By: nally on 10/26/07 at 1:11 pm

Marian...I've been using this alias for four years. It came from a flub on a game show, as I've explained time and again.

Written By: karen on 10/29/07 at 9:21 am

Welcome to the boards ninny

Written By: ninny on 10/29/07 at 9:58 am

Welcome to the boards ninny

Thank You

Written By: ninny on 10/29/07 at 10:01 am

I hope to have a good stay, and I also am sorry for not responding right away.

Written By: ninny on 10/29/07 at 10:04 am

My husband said I should of typed neenee so people don't think I'm a nincompoop

Written By: ninny on 10/29/07 at 10:09 am

and howdy back to you too, 'ninny'. Let me just say ....

You've been here about 5 minutes (relatively speaking) ..... but your postcount ....... WOW ! .......... that is mightily impressive. Hey, watch out Philip Eno !  Look at this ......

107.889 per day

That is certainly in Philip Eno territory. Now .. I am sure Philip will be mightily pleased for your 'postwhoring' assistance.  What he will be hoping ... is that you have some sisters etc; to join these boards too !

Speak of the 'devil' ....... the postwhore supremo (at least ... for now !  ;) ;D ) has just gotten in before I could submit 'post'.
Nice to see you both acquainted !  :D ;D

Well I wasn't sure if people would get mad at first, but other than trying to figure out the difference between a chain and a link, I'm hoping people don't mind all my posts.

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/29/07 at 10:10 am

I hope to have a good stay, and I also am sorry for not responding right away.

You certainly got off to a 'flyer'. For a while there, you were giving our postwhore supremo ... 'Philip Eno' - a run for his money, in the 'average posts per day' stakes. Of course, that's more easily accomplished in a short time than over the long haul. Nevertheless, you do have a welcome talent ... and could soon be inducted by him as an honorary 'postwhore' !

:D ;D

Written By: ninny on 10/29/07 at 10:13 am

You certainly got off to a 'flyer'. For a while there, you were giving our postwhore supremo ... 'Philip Eno' - a run for his money, in the 'average posts per day' stakes. Of course, that's more easily accomplished in a short time than over the long haul. Nevertheless, you do have a welcome talent ... and could soon be inducted by him as an honorary 'postwhore' !

:D ;D

I'm glad you said "whore", if i was being paid for this I'd be a "Post Prostitute"

Written By: Tam on 11/02/07 at 11:58 am

Welcome to the Boards Janine!!!

I can tell by your participation already that you fit in perfectly! ;)

^^ As for postwhoring..... let's just say that we ALL postwhore from time to time - and that's a good thing! ;D

Tam

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/02/07 at 11:59 am

... let's just say that we ALL postwhore from time to time - and that's a good thing! ;D

Tam
I take it as good exercise for the fingers.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/05/07 at 6:08 am

^^ As for postwhoring..... let's just say that we ALL postwhore from time to time - and that's a good thing! ;D

Tam

For the record TAM .... I agree ... and also for the record .... I have NO  problem with any of that ............

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/05/07 at 8:32 am

For the record TAM .... I agree ... and also for the record .... I have NO  problem with any of that ............
...that we all postwhore from time to time, why not all the time?

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/05/07 at 8:52 am

...that we all postwhore from time to time, why not all the time?

...and ... I have NO problem with that ^ either .... !  :D ;D :D

Written By: ninny on 11/12/07 at 11:47 am

Tam

Sorry i haven't checked this in a while...Thank you for the welcome

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/12/07 at 12:08 pm

forgive my manners Janine. I am so sorry to have overlooked your intro. a big hearty Welcome to you. It looks like you've discovered the many joys to be found here. have fun, or whatever it is you're having.  8)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/12/07 at 12:32 pm

I have overlooked this thread too. Welcome Ninny....you seem to be fitting in quite nicely. I've enjoyed playing the board games back and forth with you so far.

~Erin :)

Written By: TigerMystic on 11/12/07 at 12:40 pm

Hi Ninny!  It's been funny gaming back and forth with you the last day or so!  :)  I'm brand noob here, but I wanted to pop by and drop you a friendly "Hello!"

Written By: Henk on 11/13/07 at 3:36 pm

Welcome to the boards, Janine!

...Please forgive me my bad manners. :-(Well, by the looks of it...I needn't worry! ;D)

Written By: ninny on 11/19/07 at 10:32 am

forgive my manners Janine. I am so sorry to have overlooked your intro. a big hearty Welcome to you. It looks like you've discovered the many joys to be found here. have fun, or whatever it is you're having.  8)

I need to apoligize I  don't check this myself to often..thank you for the welcome..I am having lots of fun.

Written By: ninny on 11/19/07 at 10:35 am

I have overlooked this thread too. Welcome Ninny....you seem to be fitting in quite nicely. I've enjoyed playing the board games back and forth with you so far.

~Erin :)

I need to apoligize, I have not checked this in a while....I enjoy the challange of playing the board games with you.

Written By: ninny on 11/19/07 at 10:36 am

Hi Ninny!  It's been funny gaming back and forth with you the last day or so!   :)  I'm brand noob here, but I wanted to pop by and drop you a friendly "Hello!"

Sorry for not answering back, I too enjoy gaming back and forth

Written By: ninny on 11/19/07 at 10:38 am

Welcome to the boards, Janine!

...Please forgive me my bad manners. :-(Well, by the looks of it...I needn't worry! ;D)

Thank you, I keep forgetting to check this myself :-[ I really enjoyed your song quiz.

Written By: snozberries on 11/30/07 at 12:27 am

Sorry ninny you're gonna have to check this one more time.... I have been playing 20 Qs and other games with you and thought you'd been around for about as long as I have been based on your posts.... according to timeanddate.com (thanks Jeff) you've only been here  :o 44 days... dang...

I'm glad you found us! an d I am glad you are doing better too.

See ya in the quizzes & games!  Q

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/30/07 at 5:15 am

Sorry ninny you're gonna have to check this one more time.... I have been playing 20 Qs and other games with you and thought you'd been around for about as long as I have been based on your posts.... according to timeanddate.com (thanks Jeff) you've only been here  :o 44 days... dang...

Yes .... ninny is a 'star in the making'  .. .a 'postwhore' that Philip and Mike will be more than happy to have seen join the ranks. I've been back around 6 months .... she flew past me in the postings in less than 2 ?

Well, I can postwhore too ... as was evidenced by my alter-ego 'Doctor Fate' (for 6 or so weeks ?) ... but I think it is very evident that ninny is a 'natural' !

Written By: ninny on 11/30/07 at 9:26 am

I'm glad to be here,I'm not sure why but I keep forgetting to check this myself. I should so I can say Hi to other new people
I enjoy playing the quizzes & games with you...Did I read somewhere that you are a teacher? My son wanted to be a History teacher until he got into 11th grade,now he is a Freshmen at Fredonia, and majoring in Music Business

Written By: ninny on 11/30/07 at 9:29 am

Yes .... ninny is a 'star in the making'  .. .a 'postwhore' that Philip and Mike will be more than happy to have seen join the ranks. I've been back around 6 months .... she flew past me in the postings in less than 2 ?

Well, I can postwhore too ... as was evidenced by my alter-ego 'Doctor Fate' (for 6 or so weeks ?) ... but I think it is very evident that ninny is a 'natural' !

Wow coming from one of the postwhoring greats thanks...but I'll never be as good as you in the quizzes MASTER MR. MISTER :) ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/30/07 at 8:02 pm

Wow coming from one of the postwhoring greats thanks...but I'll never be as good as you in the quizzes MASTER MR. MISTER :) ;D

^

Following the above post, I now also answer to the name 'Master Mister' !  :P ;D

Written By: ninny on 12/01/07 at 2:03 pm

^

Following the above post, I now also answer to the name 'Master Mister' !  :P ;D

Yes Master Mister (better than Masturbater) is one of your names ;D :D :) ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/01/07 at 2:28 pm

I'm glad to be here,I'm not sure why but I keep forgetting to check this myself. I should so I can say Hi to other new people
I enjoy playing the quizzes & games with you...Did I read somewhere that you are a teacher? My son wanted to be a History teacher until he got into 11th grade,now he is a Freshmen at Fredonia, and majoring in Music Business

I probably misrepresented one of my many jobs... I am currently a police dispatcher as referenced in what not to call 911 for...

Prior to moving to Santa Barbara I was part of Americorps (to earn money for college) it was a good program- knid of like Peace Corps in the US in that the program funds many developmental projects like California Conservation Corps.  The program I was specifically affiliated with was called Magic Me. We worked with at risk youth... sorry if anyone on this board was in Magic Me and didn't realize what it was really about.... we tried to identify the problem kids in schools and get them to refocus their mindset by participating in community service partnerships with elderly residents of nursing homes.  I'm not naive enough to think we fixed everyone but I saw it work with some of the kids.  The problem was kids were at risk for different reasons... maybe academically they didn't cut it, or they were involved in gangs, some were just so socially awkward (ever see Welcome to the Dollhouse? I had two students exactly like the leads of that film- freaky!)

Anyway- part of what we did besides get them involved in bonding activities was work with them on seeing the value in human life (the kids in gangs didn't know a lot of people older than 30 so they didn't think alot of people lived to be that old  :\'( )  We would talk about life choices and the future; tutor the kids and have them keep a journal about their experiences and it was these journals that I would read and have to respond and these journals that were so poorly written I felt like these kids started out their lives handicapped because they could barely read and write in the 6th, 7th and 8th grades.

It was a great experience tho!

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/01/07 at 9:36 pm

Hello there.

Written By: ninny on 12/03/07 at 6:54 am

I probably misrepresented one of my many jobs... I am currently a police dispatcher as referenced in what not to call 911 for...

Prior to moving to Santa Barbara I was part of Americorps (to earn money for college) it was a good program- knid of like Peace Corps in the US in that the program funds many developmental projects like California Conservation Corps.   The program I was specifically affiliated with was called Magic Me. We worked with at risk youth... sorry if anyone on this board was in Magic Me and didn't realize what it was really about.... we tried to identify the problem kids in schools and get them to refocus their mindset by participating in community service partnerships with elderly residents of nursing homes.  I'm not naive enough to think we fixed everyone but I saw it work with some of the kids.  The problem was kids were at risk for different reasons... maybe academically they didn't cut it, or they were involved in gangs, some were just so socially awkward (ever see Welcome to the Dollhouse? I had two students exactly like the leads of that film- freaky!)

Anyway- part of what we did besides get them involved in bonding activities was work with them on seeing the value in human life (the kids in gangs didn't know a lot of people older than 30 so they didn't think alot of people lived to be that old  :\'( )  We would talk about life choices and the future; tutor the kids and have them keep a journal about their experiences and it was these journals that I would read and have to respond and these journals that were so poorly written I felt like these kids started out their lives handicapped because they could barely read and write in the 6th, 7th and 8th grades.

It was a great experience tho!

Sounds like you've had some interesting jobs.

Check for new replies or respond here...