inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Greetings from the "North Coast!" :)

Written By: TigerMystic on 11/11/07 at 5:24 pm

Hi everyone!  :)  I'm Cindy, aka TigerMystic, and I hail from NE Ohio.  At 45, I'm wrapping up a Bachelor's degree in Environmental Geography.  I'm hoping to land a job researching and controlling invasive plants.  I have the most awesome son in the world, a gorgeous dog, a handsome-boy cat that walks all over me at 5 A.M. (grrrrrrrrr!), and an unfortunate vacuum of a love life.  :\'(  Oh, well.  Can't have everything, right?!?

I found the gaming area of this site via Google yesterday.  That's where I've been hanging out.  Kudos to Philip Eno for pointing me here to this Intro board.  I was so lost in the gazillion awesome games that I forgot there's a whole lot more to In The 00s to explore!  :)

Well, drop a "Hello" if you care, and see you around!  :)

Subject: Re: Greetings from the "North Coast!" :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/11/07 at 7:35 pm

Hey Cindy! It's great to have you here! :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/11/07 at 7:36 pm

hey Cindy, how ya doing? welcome to inthe00s. glad you found your way here and I hope you're having fun. and wow! a degree in environmental geography. excellent. invasive plants are a b*tch, I've got some I need to get rid of.  Take it Easy  8)

Written By: ladybug316 on 11/11/07 at 8:42 pm

Welcome aboard, Cindy.

Written By: wildcard on 11/11/07 at 11:02 pm

Hi Cindy I just came out of the arcade and noticed this thread that I didn't say hi in.

Written By: coqueta83 on 11/11/07 at 11:23 pm

Welcome, Cindy! Have fun!  :) :)

Written By: snozberries on 11/12/07 at 12:36 am

Hey Cindy welcome!  I like the yak, cow, bull thing with its tongue out... that's a great pic!

Hi Cindy I just came out of the arcade and noticed this thread that I didn't say hi in.

^Ummm you didn't steal another one of my hi scores did you?

Written By: ninny on 11/12/07 at 11:43 am

HI Cindy, I have 4 boy cats that walk all over me.

Written By: wildcard on 11/12/07 at 12:01 pm

^Ummm you didn't steal another one of my hi scores did you?

I took Nub at the time. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/12/07 at 12:04 pm

Welcome to inthe00s, I hope your stay here will be a happy one.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/12/07 at 12:05 pm

Hi everyone!   :)  I'm Cindy, aka TigerMystic, and I hail from NE Ohio.  At 45, I'm wrapping up a Bachelor's degree in Environmental Geography.  I'm hoping to land a job researching and controlling invasive plants.  I have the most awesome son in the world, a gorgeous dog, a handsome-boy cat that walks all over me at 5 A.M. (grrrrrrrrr!), and an unfortunate vacuum of a love life.   :\'(   Oh, well.  Can't have everything, right?!?

I found the gaming area of this site via Google yesterday.  That's where I've been hanging out.  Kudos to Philip Eno for pointing me here to this Intro board.  I was so lost in the gazillion awesome games that I forgot there's a whole lot more to In The 00s to explore!   :)

Well, drop a "Hello" if you care, and see you around!   :)
Now you have 100 posts you can hand Karma to other members by clicking on the found underneath the screen name.

Written By: karen on 11/12/07 at 12:12 pm

Welcome to the boards

Written By: TigerMystic on 11/12/07 at 12:51 pm

Wow!  Thanks for the wonderful, cuddly-warm hospitality, everyone!  :-*

I am already spending too much time at this site.  LOL  This semester is very dull and empty, so I've been gaming on my Xbox and here to fill in some of the time.  It feels good to relax and not have to stress over textbooks, papers, and exams for once.  :)  BTW, anyone (still) play Halo 2 around here?

Hey Cindy welcome!  I like the yak, cow, bull thing with its tongue out... that's a great pic!

Glad you like it!  It's straight from the family photo album!  ;)

Written By: nally on 11/12/07 at 6:54 pm

Welcome to the board, Cindy!! I see you've already enjoyed yourself in the PBG's...it's great to have you here. :)

I assume, from looking at your avatar, that you're a Calvin & Hobbes fan. Is that true? If so, I like that comic strip too. O0

Written By: TigerMystic on 11/12/07 at 7:04 pm

Welcome to the board, Cindy!! I see you've already enjoyed yourself in the PBG's...it's great to have you here. :)

I assume, from looking at your avatar, that you're a Calvin & Hobbes fan. Is that true? If so, I like that comic strip too. O0

Thanks much!  :)  Yes, Calvin & Hobbes have a special place in my heart.  Plus, Bill Watterson graduated 3 years ahead of me in high school.  He used to do the cover art for the high school yearbooks--cartoons, of course!--and drew tigers a lot since that was our school mascot.  :)  He was an awesome artist back then, even!

Written By: nally on 11/12/07 at 7:09 pm

Thanks much! :) Yes, Calvin & Hobbes have a special place in my heart.  Plus, Bill Watterson graduated 3 years ahead of me in high school.  He used to do the cover art for the high school yearbooks--cartoons, of course!--and drew tigers a lot since that was our school mascot.   :)  He was an awesome artist back then, even!

Great! That's amazing!! :) I still enjoy reading those strips too...even though it's been almost 12 whole years since C&H ended their 10-year run. I have some of the comic books.

Written By: snozberries on 11/13/07 at 1:44 am

Thanks much!  :)  Yes, Calvin & Hobbes have a special place in my heart.  Plus, Bill Watterson graduated 3 years ahead of me in high school.  He used to do the cover art for the high school yearbooks--cartoons, of course!--and drew tigers a lot since that was our school mascot.  :)  He was an awesome artist back then, even!

That's so cool I love Calvin & Hobbes. I have all the books. I even have this great 11x17 print of a strip that shows C&H sitting on rock watching this amazing sunset over a lake (I think its from a camping storyline)... the caption?  Calvin (sulking): I'll bet I'm missing some great TV shows!

As you will quickly learn- I am a huge TV addict! 

Written By: Henk on 11/13/07 at 3:54 pm

Welcome to the boards, Cindy!

The more, the merrier... 8)

Enjoy your stay, and congrats on your (oncoming) Bachelor's degree. :)

Written By: TigerMystic on 11/13/07 at 6:29 pm

Welcome to the boards, Cindy!

The more, the merrier... 8)

Enjoy your stay, and congrats on your (oncoming) Bachelor's degree. :)

Thank you very much, Henk!  :)  I appreciate your confidence in me (next semester is gonna be a bit tough)!  But I won't accept "No" for an answer--not after all the blasted student loan debt I've racked up!

Written By: nally on 11/13/07 at 6:30 pm

Thank you very much, Henk!  :)  I appreciate your confidence in me (next semester is gonna be a bit tough)!  But I won't accept "No" for an answer--not after all the blasted student loan debt I've racked up!

And here I thought I was in school for a long time... I'm about one year away from finishing up my bachelors degree, at the age of 27. Next semester I am supposed to be taking some tough classes!! :o

Jeff

Written By: TigerMystic on 11/13/07 at 6:40 pm

And here I thought I was in school for a long time... I'm about one year away from finishing up my bachelors degree, at the age of 27. Next semester I am supposed to be taking some tough classes!! :o

Jeff

Yeppers, I'm 45 and this is my second big go-around in school.  I wasn't terribly happy where I went to college right out of high school, but I didn't get up the nerve to tell my folks I wanted out until I was into my 3rd year.  Thankfully, almost all my credits transferred, but I changed my degree program to Environmental Geography, so it's taken a while to get through it.

Best wishes to YOU next semester!  What are you studying, BTW?

Written By: nally on 11/13/07 at 6:42 pm

Yeppers, I'm 45 and this is my second big go-around in school.  I wasn't terribly happy where I went to college right out of high school, but I didn't get up the nerve to tell my folks I wanted out until I was into my 3rd year.  Thankfully, almost all my credits transferred, but I changed my degree program to Environmental Geography, so it's taken a while to get through it.

Best wishes to YOU next semester!  What are you studying, BTW?

I'm majoring in Liberal Studies (the general option). I started out with Computer Science but that didn't go as planned, so after I changed my major a couple years ago, I made Comp Sci my minor. So I've been a college student for nine years. After I get my degree, my goal will be to get a good job.

Written By: TigerMystic on 11/13/07 at 6:48 pm

I'm majoring in Liberal Studies (the general option). I started out with Computer Science but that didn't go as planned, so after I changed my major a couple years ago, I made Comp Sci my minor. So I've been a college student for nine years. After I get my degree, my goal will be to get a good job.

Well, best wishes to you for the rest of your schooling.  And extra best wishes that you can find a nice job.  The job part is what I'm a bit concerned about, for a whole assortment of reasons.  I just have to get my self-confidence shining again.  And keep networking like crazy!  :)

Written By: Brian06 on 11/13/07 at 10:57 pm

Welcome! I am also from NE Ohio.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/14/07 at 6:34 pm

From the sun-dranched swamps of Northern California does the intrepid misadventurer known as HawkTheSlayer send formal greetings to the Initiate known as TigerMystic.

Feel free to communicate, in whatever tongue you feel most comfortable!

(Don't let the Archaic style of speech fool ya. I am an amateur historian of sorts.)

Welcome to the neighborhood.

Written By: TigerMystic on 11/14/07 at 10:14 pm

Thanks so much, Brian and HawktheSlayer, for popping by to welcome me into the "club"!!!!  :)

Written By: nally on 11/14/07 at 10:20 pm

Well, best wishes to you for the rest of your schooling.  And extra best wishes that you can find a nice job.  The job part is what I'm a bit concerned about, for a whole assortment of reasons.  I just have to get my self-confidence shining again.  And keep networking like crazy!  :)

I can similarly relate...for the past two summers I tried looking for a job (even if it's just part time) so I could earn money, to replenish my dwindling bank account....but I ended up not working. :-\\ :-[

I'm in California, btw, and I have been attending CSU Northridge for the past six years.

Written By: TigerMystic on 11/18/07 at 2:44 pm

I can similarly relate...for the past two summers I tried looking for a job (even if it's just part time) so I could earn money, to replenish my dwindling bank account....but I ended up not working. :-\\ :-[

I'm in California, btw, and I have been attending CSU Northridge for the past six years.

Ah, sweet California, where everything under the sun is thoroughly overpriced.  :(

I visited CA once, when my sister lived in San Diego.  Geez, I loved it!  Something about the people, the energy out there.  But cripes, unless I marry a gazillionnaire, I doubt I'll ever be living out there.  No way I could afford it.

I DO hope to move from Ohio, though.  As much as I like the varying seasons--especially autumn!--I'm tired of it here.  I need a fresh shot of life from somewhere new.  :)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/18/07 at 2:50 pm

Cindy-

What part of Ohio do you dwell in?
I used to live in Cleveland, many years ago, and I had an uncle who lived in Euclid.

Written By: TigerMystic on 11/23/07 at 1:18 pm

Cindy-

What part of Ohio do you dwell in?
I used to live in Cleveland, many years ago, and I had an uncle who lived in Euclid.

SE of Cleveland.  I grew up in a village called Chagrin Falls, east of Cleveland, but now I live closer to
Akron.  In a very rural area.  Out of the primary snowbelt (which I don't like--if it's gonna be freezing or below, I want some snow to go with it!).  :)

Written By: Red Ant on 12/01/07 at 6:37 pm

Belated welcome to inthe00s.com, Cindy!

Ant

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/01/07 at 9:33 pm

Hi Cindy, I am in California about 60 miles north of the state capital of Sacramento. I am (um) 24 (?) really!, and have a beautiful 6 year old daughter. My husband was on here so I thought I would join him. I also am a fan of the games.

Check for new replies or respond here...