inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Return Of the Slayer

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/01/07 at 8:20 pm

OK, OK....I admit there are a few reasons for coming back.

First- it was decided that my wife & I needed to share more things together.
What better way to do this than to integrate her into the Online Society?
(Apparently, she wanted to experience some of this, and shocked me by creating her own account.)

Second- I was mistaken as to what exactly was going on. I thought by removing my previous account that it would help solve the problem. This was not the case. I have been known to err in my judgment- on many occasions.

Lastly- I admit, there are so many wonderful people I have met out here, that I just couldn't keep out.
Now that I have things more together, and a firmer grasp of things in my life, I have been encouraged to return.
With Melissa out here also, I feel far more comfortable about returning.

(Warning- Melissa is somewhat anti-social, and may only be out sporadically. If that's OK with youse guys, then we're OK.)

So, yes Virginia- There IS a Ladyhawk.

Subject: Re: Return Of the Slayer

Written By: Red Ant on 12/01/07 at 8:27 pm

Welcome back Wayne and welcome to Melissa.

Ant

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/01/07 at 8:30 pm

Welcome back Wayne and welcome to Melissa.

Ant

What he said.

Glad to have you back, my friend and good to have Melissa here.  :)

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/01/07 at 8:44 pm

I want to see how this works. I finally was able to upload a pic of me and Wayne. I want to see if people can see it.

Written By: Davester on 12/01/07 at 8:48 pm

OK, OK....I admit there are a few reasons for coming back.

First- it was decided that my wife & I needed to share more things together.
What better way to do this than to integrate her into the Online Society?
(Apparently, she wanted to experience some of this, and shocked me by creating her own account.)

Second- I was mistaken as to what exactly was going on. I thought by removing my previous account that it would help solve the problem. This was not the case. I have been known to err in my judgment- on many occasions.

Lastly- I admit, there are so many wonderful people I have met out here, that I just couldn't keep out.
Now that I have things more together, and a firmer grasp of things in my life, I have been encouraged to return.
With Melissa out here also, I feel far more comfortable about returning.

(Warning- Melissa is somewhat anti-social, and may only be out sporadically. If that's OK with youse guys, then we're OK.)

So, yes Virginia- There IS a Ladyhawk.

#1  To have pondered, taken stock of, and successfully resolved your existence in a matter of around thirteen days is impressive.  I'm pushing forty and still ain't figured it out...

#2  Nice to see ya.  If things were as bad as you hint at, turn off the computer and spend some more time getting reaquainted with your wife.  Priorities, man.  Decades will still be here...

:)

Written By: Red Ant on 12/01/07 at 8:49 pm

I want to see how this works. I finally was able to upload a pic of me and Wayne. I want to see if people can see it.

Yes, I can see it, though it's a a bit of a distance - hard to make out any detail with the avatar size here set at 110x100.

You could post a bigger picture as an attachment. Wayne could show you how to do it. Or just click "additional options" under your post and you can do it.

Ant

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/01/07 at 8:57 pm

How is this one? Any better? This is the one that was taken for our engagement.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/01/07 at 8:58 pm

Welcome.  Nice picture.  You are a good looking couple.  :)

Written By: Red Ant on 12/01/07 at 9:05 pm

How is this one? Any better? This is the one that was taken for our engagement.

Much better. You two are a good looking couple!

Ant

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/01/07 at 9:06 pm

That pic was taken back in 2002. It is hard for me to get pics. I am kind of camera shy, although I did have a few modeling agencies after me years back.

Written By: snozberries on 12/01/07 at 9:52 pm

Welcome back Wayne nice to see a family who posts together stays together  ;)

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/01/07 at 9:52 pm

Davester, you understand my point. He would spend quite a deal of time here doing this and ignore me. All I asked was his attention once in a while and he deleted his account. He has an all or nothing syndrome. So if he is going to do that, why not get his attention by joining. I had several reasons for making my account. He spends a great deal of time on the computer. If he put 1/4 of that energy into his family, we might do a lot better.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/01/07 at 10:05 pm

YAY!! It's awesome to see you back, Wayne...and it's equally awesome to see Melissa here! :)

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/01/07 at 10:09 pm

Hi Quirk. You actually can see me now huh?! Blonde, green eyes and 5'4". That really is me!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/01/07 at 10:14 pm

Hi Quirk. You actually can see me now huh?! Blonde, green eyes and 5'4". That really is me!

and you are a cutie! You guys make a great couple! :)

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/01/07 at 10:17 pm

Well, I stumbled across this one ...

Good to see you've returned Wayne. Hey ... I'd never seen a pic of you till now. Cool pic !  8)  You 'scrub up well !'  ;D

I'd seen the name 'LadyHawk' about recently .. and thought about making the sad observation that she'd missed out on meeting you !  (Little did I know !  ;D ).

Yes hello, and welcome Melissa. I must say I know where you're coming from though ... re time spent on computer versus devotion to personal life / sapping energy elsewhere. Still, it is good fun .. and highly addictive .. I must warn you .... So ... maybe you need to think about agreeing to a certain number of hours per week to this ? Just an idea ... (although easier said then done !).

Have a great stay !

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/01/07 at 10:23 pm

Oh you really don't know me yet. Back before Wayne and I got together and I started in the job I am in. I was a normal fixture in a few online areas. My name was curiouskitten! People really got a kick out of me. Just as I have matured, I have other areas to devote my attention that are more important to me. Such as a 6 year old little girl. Not to mention between that time and now, I have found my career in Property Management and realized I don't deal well with people on a personal level. I have anti-social tendencies that are of my own choosing. I am adicted to smoking and my family, that is about it.

Written By: wildcard on 12/01/07 at 10:37 pm

Welcome back

Written By: snozberries on 12/01/07 at 10:39 pm

Oh you really don't know me yet. Back before Wayne and I got together and I started in the job I am in. I was a normal fixture in a few online areas. My name was curiouskitten! People really got a kick out of me. Just as I have matured, I have other areas to devote my attention that are more important to me. Such as a 6 year old little girl. Not to mention between that time and now, I have found my career in Property Management and realized I don't deal well with people on a personal level. I have anti-social tendencies that are of my own choosing. I am adicted to smoking and my family, that is about it.

sounds like you should become a police dispatcher like me...  ;D  we created anti social tendancies!

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/01/07 at 10:52 pm

I love what I do and have the perfect temperment for it. I give people a place to live and if they don't follow the rules, I take it away.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/01/07 at 10:53 pm

Wow, what a pleasant surprise to see your return.  welcome back Wayne.  8)

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/01/07 at 10:55 pm

And this time, Wayne is not alone. his wife is with him!

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/01/07 at 10:57 pm

Oh you really don't know me yet.  I have anti-social tendencies that are of my own choosing.

Remind me not to get on your 'bad' side !

Where's that 'Mr. Mister' ? !  >:(

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/6575/thing2copylu7.jpg
"It's CLOBBERING TIME !"  >:(

:\'( :P ;D

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/01/07 at 11:00 pm

Hey I was a weight lifter back in my youth! But that picture is not the best. Not at all what I looked like back then. I could show you. But I don't want my husband getting jealous.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/01/07 at 11:06 pm

And this time, Wayne is not alone. his wife is with him!
I see that and that's cool. 2 hawks are better than 1.  are you guys on 1 or 2 computers.

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/01/07 at 11:10 pm

Hey I was a weight lifter back in my youth!

You WERE a weight lifter ? !  :-\\

Yikes !  http://forum.pc-freakz.com/style_emoticons/default/yikes.gif

I'm definitely getting outta here ! 

http://forum.pc-freakz.com/style_emoticons/default/eekout.gif
Mr. Mister .... he went that-a-way ! ->

:D

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/01/07 at 11:22 pm

Yes I was. Between the ages of 12-18. I could press more then most men.

Written By: Davester on 12/01/07 at 11:24 pm

Davester, you understand my point. He would spend quite a deal of time here doing this and ignore me. All I asked was his attention once in a while and he deleted his account. He has an all or nothing syndrome. So if he is going to do that, why not get his attention by joining. I had several reasons for making my account. He spends a great deal of time on the computer. If he put 1/4 of that energy into his family, we might do a lot better.

Oh, I see...

Forgive me for prying...

And welcome... :)

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/01/07 at 11:31 pm

Yes I was. Between the ages of 12-18. I could press more then most men.

..... and these days ?  ???

Still pressing ? What's that ?  ???

Pressing Wayne's shirts and pants ?  ::) :P :D

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/01/07 at 11:39 pm

Actually, I was thinking about getting back into it. Wayne is scared of that though. He does not want me to be able to lift him. He has 20 1/2" bicepts, I told him I could train him. He is a natural, if only he would agree to it.

Yes I press Waynes clothes now. But it would not take long to get my streigth back. I had a Gym back in 1999 that wanted to professionally train me and put me into the Olympics. I would beat the top womens champion. 

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/01/07 at 11:43 pm

Another nice pic Melissa

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/01/07 at 11:54 pm

Actually, I was thinking about getting back into it. Wayne is scared of that though. He does not want me to be able to lift him. He has 20 1/2" bicepts, I told him I could train him. He is a natural, if only he would agree to it.

Yes I press Waynes clothes now.

So you do press Wayne's clothes ... but can't get him to work out ? Forget the clothes .... it's him you'll have to IRON out !  :P :D

Well, maybe he does sort of get a work out. I imagine he gives you a few 'bare hugs' !  :o  ;D

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/01/07 at 11:56 pm

Be nice! 8-P

Written By: snozberries on 12/02/07 at 12:54 am

^ Dude Alan what are you doing? RUN! B4 you piss her off!!!  ;D

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/02/07 at 1:05 am

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/behead.gif
Alan don't piss me off................RUN

Written By: snozberries on 12/02/07 at 1:29 am

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/behead.gif
Alan don't piss me off................RUN

;D  see Alan I told you... you like me right Melissa ....or should I run too?  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/dogrun.gif

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/02/07 at 1:32 am

Ah I am just playing. I don't get mad........ ::)

Written By: snozberries on 12/02/07 at 1:32 am

Whew!

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/02/07 at 1:45 am

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/flamethrower.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/hanged.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/greenchainsaw.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/ketten.gif
These are more my style. He He He

Written By: snozberries on 12/02/07 at 2:15 am

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/flamethrower.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/hanged.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/greenchainsaw.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/ketten.gif
These are more my style. He He He

lol I'm really starting to like you already!

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/02/07 at 2:19 am

I am an interesting individual for sure. I do have my own twisted since of humor. It just takes a lot for me to find things funny.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/02/07 at 2:41 am

you've caught on quickly Melissa,  excellent emoticon usage  ;D

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/02/07 at 2:45 am

Give me a while to find my way around and I may surprise you.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/02/07 at 2:51 am

Give me a while to find my way around and I may surprise you.
you're doing great. It's easy to get hooked on this place.

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/02/07 at 2:54 am

I spend about 4 hours out of every day in front of my office computer. I am on here now to get acquainted with things. That is why I have been on as long as I have. After I log off, it will be a bit before I spend any real time here again. I will pop in and say hi, but I don't like spending too much time in front of a computer. It reminds me too much of work.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/02/07 at 2:58 am

I spend about 4 hours out of every day in front of my office computer. I am on here now to get acquainted with things. That is why I have been on as long as I have. After I log off, it will be a bit before I spend any real time here again. I will pop in and say hi, but I don't like spending too much time in front of a computer. It reminds me too much of work.
I also spend my whole day, 8 hrs in front of a computer, and yet I want more when I come home  :D  well, welcome to the boards, it looks like you been warmly recieved. I can see Wayne standing behind you with arms crossed waiting for his turn  ;D 

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/02/07 at 2:59 am

actually he is at karioke right now and will not be home for over a hour.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/02/07 at 3:01 am

actually he is at karioke right now and will not be home for over a hour.
oh really. that seems to be one of his passions.  enjoy your time then. so much to read, so many categories to go through.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/02/07 at 4:17 am

Welcome back Wayne.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/02/07 at 4:38 am

-Wow-

Lots of stuff discussed out here, eh?

.....So, now you all can see what I've been talking about?
When I deleted my 1st account, I was trying to spend the time that Melissa was talking about.
She also misunderstood a few things....but that's not for most ears, eh?

So------let's get on with it!

Written By: danootaandme on 12/02/07 at 6:00 am

ooooh, I saw the name Ladyhawke, love the moniker, welcome to the fold. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/02/07 at 2:55 pm

Welcome back, Hawk. We missed you around here.  Welcome Ladyhawk. We hope you like it around here and decide to stay. There is nothing wrong with a couple sharing the message board. My husband is member Don Carlos. He comes on from time to time, but mostly I hog use the computer.  ;)  We also have a few other couples here, too.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/02/07 at 2:56 pm

Life would easier if two computers were had.

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/02/07 at 2:57 pm

Thank you for the welcome cat. I have heard a lot of good things about you.

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/02/07 at 3:00 pm

The neat thing is I have a work computer that is in my office, which is in a room of my apartment. To go to work all I have to do is walk through a door. But Hawk does not like me in there on the weekends. He says he wants me to stay out of there because I am in there so much during the week. So I do as he wishes.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/02/07 at 3:04 pm

Thank you for the welcome cat. I have heard a lot of good things about you.

Well, I pay people to say good things about me.  ;)

I am truly glad that you decided to join this asylum message board. Oh, but be warned, it is like the Hotel California-you can check out but you can never leave.  ;) :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 12/02/07 at 11:30 pm

Welcome back Wayne.  We really missed you around here.  Now stay this time!  It's good to heave you back :)

And welcome to Ladyhawk! :)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/03/07 at 1:32 am

Welcome back Wayne.  We really missed you around here.  Now stay this time!  It's good to heave you back :)

And welcome to Ladyhawk! :)

Good to "heave" me back?
You mean like:

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/puke.gif

Not sure how to take that, Jason!

Written By: ninny on 12/03/07 at 6:51 am

Welcome Back & Welcome to LadyHawk

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/03/07 at 12:48 pm

Thank you and welcome to you too.

Written By: statsqueen on 12/03/07 at 7:21 pm

Another nice pic Melissa

Wish I could see them!!!

Written By: coqueta83 on 12/03/07 at 7:55 pm

Welcome back! I hope things get better for you!  :)

Written By: Henk on 12/04/07 at 12:20 am

A bit late, but not too late to say:

Welcome back Wayne!

and

Welcome to the boards Melissa!

Hope things are working out for the two of you. :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/04/07 at 2:49 am

Wish I could see them!!!

She was using them at first as her avatar, but I think she's changed them now.  Perhaps she'll eventually put them in the photos thread.  :)

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/04/07 at 1:10 pm

They are on the photos thread. After I took them off as my avatar I put them there.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/04/07 at 7:01 pm

They are on the photos thread. After I took them off as my avatar I put them there.

Oh cool.  thanks! 

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/04/07 at 7:03 pm

Knot a prob.

Written By: Henk on 12/05/07 at 12:14 am

Hello Wayne / Melissa

You still looking for that song "Open For Business (During the Reconstruction of my Heart)"...? ???
I'm asking, because I took the liberty of posting Wayne's question on another board, and I (finally) got a reply.

I think this is what you've been looking for:

Open for Business as Usual
Written by C. Carson Parks

(AKA "De Maste vs Sagen Och Gladjen")  This was the first of his early "read the signs" songs.  After the Sinatras did "Something Stupid", Frank had this tune arranged, but woke up with a bad back, and cancelled the session.  A lot of people have done this tune, but it has never come out as a single.

Chorus
I'm gonna be open for business as usual
During the reconstruction of my heart.
The management regrets the fact
The place has been so torn apart.
So please excuse the inconvenience
If I sigh a lot,
I'm gonna be open for business as usual in my heart.

Verse 1
So you say my mind is always wanderin'
And you say my eyes are sometimes longin'
There are things I remember, before the parting of the ways,
But it will all be over one of these days, (and)

(Repeat chorus)

Verse 2
Were you ever hit when you weren't lookin'
Hang suspended there 'tween life and death
The way she said goodbye has really knocked me off my feet
But i'll be alright, just let me catch my breath.

Verse 3
Days may come when all your hopes go under
And the things you planned are not to be
But you can't close up shop or love will never find you home
And I am gonna make it, wait and see.

(Repeat chorus)
© - 1967 Greenwood Music Co. - BMI

You can hear a 1 minute sample of the song on this link.. 
http://www.ccarsonparks.com/audio/openforbus.htm

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/05/07 at 12:15 am

Thank you soo much.
Wayne will be by very shortly

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/05/07 at 12:19 am

Henk-

You are a gem among gems, sir!
I have scoured the Internet and the Technet looking for this!

My clients will be so pleased!
And this will make me $20 richer!
Shall I send you a cut of the profits?  :)

....Now, the question is: Can I find it on MP3?

Written By: Henk on 12/05/07 at 12:32 am

Henk-

You are a gem among gems, sir!
I have scoured the Internet and the Technet looking for this!

My clients will be so pleased!
And this will make me $20 richer!
Shall I send you a cut of the profits?  :)

....Now, the question is: Can I find it on MP3?

No problem, Wayne. I'm glad I could be of service. :)

Nah...you keep the money, and spend it on your wife. ;)

I'm not sure if it's available on mp3 anywhere, but you can try.

Check for new replies or respond here...