inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Evenin' guvnas!

Written By: Supermeat2005 on 01/23/08 at 9:57 pm

'Ello, I'm Supermeat2005.
So far, I've posted around 5 parodies on Amiright.com and all of them have had scores (in all categories) of between 3 and 5, so I hope I've done a halfway decent job, considering that I'm just starting out...
I first got addicted to musical parody/comedy back in Fall of 2006 after I came across an artist named "Weird Al" Yankovic.
Before then I had always been looking for a music genre/band to call my own, but to no avail.
At any rate, I am your typical "gamer geek", and hope to one day become a world famous parody artist, living the good life... 8)
Making tons of cash (in my basement)..
Driving expensive cars (in a police chase down the freeway)
Meeting beautiful women (and immediately getting maced)
And just living the glamorous life that your average parody artist enjoys...
Anyway, I hope I can fit in well here and possibly improve my comedy and parody skills aloung the way...

Subject: Re: Evenin' guvnas!

Written By: karen on 01/23/08 at 10:02 pm

Welcome to the boards Supermeat.

Written By: Red Ant on 01/23/08 at 10:05 pm

Welcome to the boards as well as AmiRight, Supermeat2005.  8)

Ant

Written By: whistledog on 01/23/08 at 10:38 pm

Welcome Supermeat2005.  We have a member called Meat!.  You two would get along.  He's a parody author too

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/24/08 at 10:20 pm

>_> More Meat?

I am impressed, though, that whistledog has been paying enough attention to know I have written parodies. I kind of stopped a couple of years ago to focus on original songwriting, but whatevah!

Have fun living the good life.

Written By: Supermeat2005 on 01/25/08 at 4:20 pm

Well to be fair, I've gone as Supermeat2005 since I first got the interweb, so I'm not copying off your name or anything...
It's actually based off my turtle, named Meat, after an article I read on turtle burgers...
And sorry for not posting much, but really, for me, there's not too much for me to post about..
I'm more of a lurker, really...
Well, I hope I can eventually get to know the Amiright community better...

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/25/08 at 7:06 pm

Well to be fair, I've gone as Supermeat2005 since I first got the interweb, so I'm not copying off your name or anything...
It's actually based off my turtle, named Meat, after an article I read on turtle burgers...
And sorry for not posting much, but really, for me, there's not too much for me to post about..
I'm more of a lurker, really...

Aw, what a cute turtle name!

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/27/08 at 7:54 pm

Welcome! Have fun!  :) :D :)

Written By: karen on 01/28/08 at 8:59 am

Most of the chat for AmIRight people takes place either in Song Parodies or in Song Parody Contests.  Doing a parody contest or two is a great way to get some good feedback on your parodies.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/28/08 at 9:43 am

Welcome!

Written By: ninny on 01/31/08 at 9:23 am

Nice to meet you,enjoy.

Check for new replies or respond here...