inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Newbie Newbie New!

Written By: sonnyvegas on 01/30/08 at 12:26 am

Hey to everyone. This is sonnyvegas comin'at ya from Sin City! Las Vegas that is. Swimming pools. Movie stars! :)  I've finally reached that point in my life where I am the one looking back fondly on a "...life, well, lived" as opposed to a "life well-lived!". Looking forward to getting in touch with my inner child as I take a trip down memory lane with everyone.

Subject: Re: Newbie Newbie New!

Written By: Henk on 01/30/08 at 12:34 am

Welcome to the boards, sonnyvegas! :)

Wow...You actually had a life?!  :o I pray, do tell us about it, 'cause it's the one thing we people here don't get..well, not much anyway. ;D ;)

Just kidding, of course...Enjoy your stay and see you around!
8)

Written By: sonnyvegas on 01/30/08 at 12:53 am

Thanks for the orange welcome Henk! It’s good to be here.

Well, I don’t know if you would call it a life per se but I can tell you that the last couple of years have been pretty eventful: I got hit by a truck and broke my leg in 2006. I turned 40 and broke up with my girlfiend (not spelled incorrectly  :P) in 2007. I reached a settlement for my accident at the end of last year. And I moved to a warmer clime at the beginning of this year! Whew! If THAT'S living I miss NOT having a life! LOL

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/30/08 at 8:44 am

Hey there Sonny! Welcome to the boards! :)

Written By: Tia on 01/30/08 at 9:56 am

welcome, sonny. "life, well, lived," is a great line. i'm takin' a shine to you already.

we were all gonna meet up in vegas, but i think that plan kinda fell to the back burner.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/30/08 at 10:30 am

Welcome grab a seat, put your feet up.  Food in the fridge.  Make yourself at home. :)

Written By: whistledog on 01/30/08 at 11:53 am

Welcome to the boards sonnyvegas :)

Written By: Tam on 01/30/08 at 2:44 pm

Nice to meet you sonny!!

Glad you joined our little patch in the WWW!

Have a good one!

Tam 8)

Written By: Red Ant on 01/30/08 at 3:45 pm

What she said ^.  ;D

lol on "girlfiend". Karma to you.

Ant

Written By: ninny on 01/31/08 at 9:22 am

Hope you enjoy yourself.

Written By: snozberries on 01/31/08 at 3:43 pm

Thanks for the orange welcome Henk! It’s good to be here.

Well, I don’t know if you would call it a life per se but I can tell you that the last couple of years have been pretty eventful: I got hit by a truck and broke my leg in 2006. I turned 40 and broke up with my girlfiend (not spelled incorrectly  :P) in 2007. I reached a settlement for my accident at the end of last year. And I moved to a warmer clime at the beginning of this year! Whew! If THAT'S living I miss NOT having a life! LOL

welcome to the boards!!!!

man what a roller coaster ride you've been on!

You're 40? me too... Have live in Sin City all your life? I lived there twice, during kindergarten and then 5th 6th & 7th grade.

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/31/08 at 8:16 pm

Welcome! Have fun!  :) :D :)

Written By: sonnyvegas on 01/31/08 at 8:21 pm

Thanks everyone! I'm just getting the hang of this whole thing. I used to just lurk around (I know. I know. There's a law against that!) and found you guys have the same memories I have of the old days. I just wanted to chime in every once in a while.

Yeah. It was a rough couple of years. It was pretty bad there for a while. The doctor gave me a 50/50 chance of living. I got a second opinion and that doctor said I had a 50/50 chance of dying!  ;D

This would be considered my second tour of duty in Las Vegas. I'm actually from Reno. Out of the frying pan into the fire, right? I was down here in the mid-'90s and my mom got sick and I got back with an old girlfriend. I don't know which was worse! So, I moved back up there to take care of them...I mean my mom. When she passed away I did the 5-year experiment where you don't make any major life plans after a death in the family. I wanted to come back here and follow a dream of getting into stand up comedy and after my accident I guess I had an epiphany. Go figure!

Well enough about you. Let's talk about me! :) Sorry. I just had to get that off my chest. Now I don't have to see my therapist this month.

And thanks for the warm welcome everyone has given me. I needed a new place to hang out. They won't let me in Victoria's Secret anymore! ;D

I've still got it!- Ralph Malph

Written By: snozberries on 01/31/08 at 8:30 pm

Thanks snozberries! I'm just getting the hang of this whole thing. I used to just lurk around (I know. I know. There's a law against that!) and found you guys have the same memories I have of the old days. I just wanted to chime in every once in a while.

Yeah. It was a rough couple of years. It was pretty bad there for a while. The doctor gave me a 50/50 chance of living. I got a second opinion and that doctor said I had a 50/50 chance of dying!  ;D

This would be considered my second tour of duty in Las Vegas. I'm actually from Reno. Out of the frying pan into the fire, right? I was down here in the mid-'90s and my mom got sick and I got back with an old girlfriend. I don't know which was worse! So, I moved back up there to take care of them...I mean my mom. When she passed away I did the 5-year experiment where you don't make any major life plans after a death in the family. I wanted to come back here and follow a dream of getting into stand up comedy and after my accident I guess I had an epiphany. Go figure!

Well enough about you. Let's talk about me! :) Sorry. I just had to get that off my chest. Now I don't have to see my therapist this month.

And thanks for the warm welcome everyone has given me. I needed a new place to hang out. They won't let me in Victoria's Secret anymore! ;D

I've still got it!- Ralph Malph

Wokka wokka!  ;D

Wow what a story...at least you can find the funny in the sad... its weird how stand ups seem to have the hardest lives. I guess you need the pain to appreciate the rest.... plus it makes the applause that much sweeter.

Glad you're getting over that hump... now get out of the sand box and go play on the boards!

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/06/08 at 5:33 am

Welcome to the boards, I hope that you will enjoy your stay here.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 02/11/08 at 3:36 am

From one performer to another-

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Feel free to stop in for a chat!

Written By: Daisy on 02/28/08 at 9:59 pm

Hi, I'm Daisy, I'm new and searching for musicians or artist in 60's/70's that have been forgotten by the public. I've a few tunes in my head of when I was a kid, trying to remember who sang what is a very frustrating hazard and I'll still strive to unfold the past.

Written By: Tia on 02/28/08 at 10:06 pm

Hi, I'm Daisy, I'm new and searching for musicians or artist in 60's/70's that have been forgotten by the public. I've a few tunes in my head of when I was a kid, trying to remember who sang what is a very frustrating hazard and I'll still strive to unfold the past.
i believe you will find you are among masters. :) not me, mind you, i never can remember anything, but i've seen some astonishing feats of recollection on this board.

Check for new replies or respond here...