inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hi everyone, Am I Seamermar.

Written By: seamermar on 04/27/08 at 5:19 am

I'm from abroad, I'm caught up by AmIright, and I remember that when I was a child..

When I was about one
I always needed anyone
to change my diapers
or help me have lunch

But those nice days are gone
I've got to do all on my own
either take for a walk the dog
or watch on TV boring shows.

From now on life turns cool
cuz it blow off the gloom
this site drives me way fool
I'll lift up on a funny boom.

I know, I know, since I'm a foreigner that's all that good I can do...by now.

Thanks for your patient and attention. I'll be on the trail

Subject: Re: Hi everyone, Am I Seamermar.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/27/08 at 6:19 am

Well hello and welcome, it is always nice to have someone new, by the way, where  are you from if you don't mind my asking?

Written By: Red Ant on 04/27/08 at 10:16 pm

Welcome, seamermar. Looks like a parody of Eric Carmen's "All By Myself", minus the choruses.

Ant

Written By: karen on 04/27/08 at 10:29 pm

welcome to the boards

Written By: coqueta83 on 04/28/08 at 8:04 pm

Welcome! Have fun!  :) :)

Written By: seamermar on 04/30/08 at 2:30 pm

thanks folks

i'm so glad to read and grin from so many fellas of the other side of the sea and maybe from all over the world, who knows, and i 'd specially like to thank to that bunch of people who have chosen to write back to me in so friendly manner.
i hope, or much better said, i do know i'll enjoy this troupe of funny jokers you are.

well Danoota&Me,
i don't mind to tell you i'm from a little town in a very little country that you may now know well since uncle ellison had chosen our quiet waterfront to challence and lose and challenge again against another wealthy european boy named  bernie. don't you know what a hell i'm talking about ?  you're riiiiiight !
it's the america's cup's carnival.
i live, thrive, toil and enjoy in valencia spain, working as a tug-man, from sunup to sundown, and even overnight some days, pulliing and pushing big frighters to take dock and go away again i'm just waistng time in valencia harbour for my pay, a twenty hours of work a day while that lucky old sun has nothing to do, but roll around heaven all day.

i pray you, little red ant
to have a mercy on me and don't use your bat over my head at this time wether i can't type capital letters it's cuz i hurt my arm, it was a sinew that broke up, so i hope you'll understand.

one more for karen
have you heard this one ?:

i do die do die do die do die do die......
from the orange blossom special's song

yes coqueta
i'll walk your track like a sparrow picking up each and every crumb of fun you left on the path

thanks everyone for your hug

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/17/08 at 4:43 am

Welcome seamermar.  What a lovely country you come from (although I've never been there, I have "travelled" by internet) and looked at pictures. 

Make yourself at home here, if you need any help, please ask.

What an interesting job you have, there is a famous chef here in America, her name is Paula Deen and her husband works with tugboats (although I'm sure he doesn't put in the long hours that you do. (probably))

Hope you have a great time at this board and continue writing parodies of songs.  :)

Written By: seamermar on 06/17/08 at 4:21 pm

Thanks bookmistress4ever for your words, no matters how much different our languages are, the only thing that it counts is the way we feel, cause our souls speak more clear than our mouths.

I've just found myself this site plenty of opened-mind souls, and so I decided to try my best. I pray you to give a shout on my ear if any of my post doesn't make sense , cause

I don't wanna miss a thing
cause even when I read on through
the hardest message to me to do
I still wanna get into

Don't wanna close my eyes
Don't wanna fall asleep
till I read the last parodie
so, I need a lot of you
Right here with me, just like this

cause it's amazing
When the moment arrives
that you are right

It's Amazing
with a tip of a penguin
you finally see the light

I have to learn to crawl
among this boisterous crowd
But I just couldn't understand
to all that unruly talk

I'm out on my ship
Just tryin' to survive
struggling to stay
in this funny site
for the rest of my life

Cheeriooooooooooo ;)

Written By: whistledog on 06/17/08 at 7:56 pm

Hi everyone, Am I Seamermar.

I dunno, but you do appear to be Seamermar :D

Welcome to the boards :)

Written By: seamermar on 06/18/08 at 3:30 am

whistledog :D 
I'd whistle to you such a nice song
while we're walking your dog
if you only had such a nice face
below your forehead  ::)

and by the way, am I Seamermar the only one who shows up his  fluffy face ? >:(

Thanks whistledog, the Great White North is aslo in my mind.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/18/08 at 3:53 am

and by the way, am I Seamermar the only one who shows up his  fluffy face ? >:(

I think he was good-nature teasing you about the wording of the title of this thread.  You have the wording transposed for English - instead of am I Seamermar... which to us means you are asking whether that is who you are or not... you should have put "I am Seamermar"  same words just reverse order.  ;)  ;D 

I think you are doing really really well in writing in English.  It really isn't an easy language to learn (none of the language of the world are easy to learn come to think about it.)  :)

Written By: seamermar on 06/26/08 at 6:27 pm

Yes, English it's hard to learn but with a friend who is both,  book and mistress, I won't mistake and misunderstand...so often, I guess 8).

On other hand, you've just found a sailor toy  from beyond the sea to tease and grin :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/26/08 at 7:06 pm

Yes, English it's hard to learn but with a friend who is both,  book and mistress, I won't mistake and misunderstand...so often, I guess 8).

;)  I got the nickname, Bookmistress, because that is an old fashioned word for librarian.  I was one for about 15 years.  I loved helping people in the biblioteche (I *think* that is the right word in Spanish), My language skills are very poor, so I hope you will be patient with me.  ;)

On other hand, you've just found a sailor toy  from beyond the sea to tease and grin :)

Oh good!  I can always use another sailor toy to tease, my husband was a sailor with the United States Navy for many years.  :)

Written By: ninny on 06/27/08 at 8:33 am

Hi and Welcome!

Written By: nally on 06/30/08 at 2:37 pm

Welcome aboard... I hope you've enjoyed it here thus far! :)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 07/09/08 at 4:20 am

I just found this-

How far from Valencia is trhe town of Zamora?
I ask this, because I went to school w/a Foreign Exchange student form Zamora.
His name was Gabriel- nice lad, he was.

If I haven't as of yet told you, I find your poetical way of speech quite exuberating, and flavorful.

As we once said, we shall see each other
On the great road called "the Cyber Highway".
Thus, shall we be assured another laugh in
Each other's company- for that way lies camaraderie.

Written By: seamermar on 07/09/08 at 5:31 pm

HawkTheSlayer, it's  always hopeful to find people to fit with, even though in the antipodes, since we live in a foolish world where a neighbor is just a strange and his friendship's odd.

Zamora is "only" about 600 km from Valencia more or less six driving hours. My wife's from Salamanca just at South of Zamora. We drop by there twice at year to see her parents, I like that part of the country. It's plenty of students from all over the world and old monuments, narrow streets, and lots of "tascas" these kind of bars where you pick up a variety of "tapas" "homemade snacks" as you drink wine or beer ( remembering this makes my mouth water).
No need to say if you'd cross the ocean some day to stick your "Hawk-talons" in the bull's skin (as  we name our country in here) I'll be glad to know how an HawkTheSlayer looks like  ;)

I'm far pleased to write down in The 00's, just for the way so cool and friendly all of you explain.

My name is Francisco.......Paco   for short, maybe you wonder why, anyway I'm gonna tell you.
It seems that comes from San Francisco de Asis, who was the PAter of COmmunity.
I like this story since I love that man who lived in peace with all creatures in the earth and rebel to his Superiors and the unfair laws to keep people as flock of sheep what means folk of dummies forever and ever.

My name is Paco
I live on the fourth floor
I live very far from you
Yes I'm sure you've never seen me before.

If you read something late at night
some kind of bubble that I  state
Just please ask me what I wanna say,
ask me if you don't understand.

No need to say it's because I'm clumsy
trying to talk to a weird crowd
Maybe it's because it's too early
but I can't hide I'm very proud.

cuz I don't have any S.A.T.
And better that you don't ask me why
I just didn't go to school that's all.

Written By: gosoul2soul on 07/11/08 at 6:56 am

Hi nice to meet you

Written By: seamermar on 07/11/08 at 3:57 pm

Me too gosoul2soul,

if everybody woud go soul to soul, maybe the world could be a better place to live in.

Nice nick yours  ;)

Written By: seamermar on 09/05/08 at 1:45 pm

I got a little question,   ??? once again  :-[
I'm sure it doesn't seem strange  :)

I don't know how to start a New Topic. I didn't find the New Topic button.
I can't still start new topics or I'm rather clumsy
the waiting is gonna make me crazy  :D
what's going on folks ? 8-P

thanks in advance

Written By: seamermar on 09/05/08 at 1:53 pm

From know on I'm able to give some karmel away to the good friends.
Well, my first parody is fresh in my brain
and ready to broadcast from Spain.

So there we go

To all the friends I've brought forth
Who goes up and down by my scroll
I'm fond of them, of course
so I dedicate this song
To all the folks at "inthe00s"

To all the friends I'll always have blest
Oh my I say they've raised me to the crest
For helping me to know
I owe a lot I know
To all the buddies I've made at "inthe00s"

The penguin games are always rolling
And every time I try I fail
The penguin faces continue chortling
And if they laugh at me I just don't care

To all the girls who lighten up my life
I swear I'll throw to them no knife
even though they're someone else's wives
I'm glad they are at "inthe00s"
so I dedicate this song
To all the girls I've got abroad

To all the guys who keep an eye on me
Who listen to my writtings surprisingly
They're building strong my talk
I'll always be a part
Of all these people at "inthe00s"

The penguin games are always growing
And every time I try I lack
The penguin faces continue chuckling
And I don't really care if they cluck and chuck

To all the guys and girls who love the songs
Who share deep inside our souls
I'm glad I can applause at last
once more I dedicate these words
To all the folks who love the songs

To all the guys and girls who love the songs
neve mind what country everyone comes from
I'm glad at last I fit to post
so I wanna call loud and forth
to make up a lot of parodies songs

Do you think it's really worth to be post on the amiright board ?

Thanks folks

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/05/08 at 4:22 pm

I got a little question,   ??? once again  :-Start new topic | Post new poll

Written By: seamermar on 09/11/08 at 11:45 am

I think you have to start out in a catagory first, for example, this catagory is "Welcome new users to the colony"
You should be able to start a new topic, if you are in a main catagory such as "Playful Penguin Place" or something similar.

Just look for the line that looks like this:

Mark Topics as Read for this Board | Notify of replies | Start new topic | Post new poll

Sorry for being a huge clumsy  8-P

The harder I try the further I seem to be

I can't find the damn Start new topic bottom anywhere ?

Maybe I'm damned to be forever at AmIwrong  :-X

Written By: seamermar on 09/14/08 at 5:59 am

does anyone knows the name of the song which has these lines within ?

Can you blame the boys of you for asking what is true?

I listened to it in a song within The essentiel Johnny Cash, and I couldn't pcik the right lyrics yet  :(

Thanks folks

Written By: karen on 09/18/08 at 10:54 pm

Sorry for being a huge clumsy  8-P

The harder I try the further I seem to be

I can't find the damn Start new topic bottom anywhere ?

Maybe I'm damned to be forever at AmIwrong  :-X

First of all you need to be in the correct section for your topic.  For example your lyrics question should go in the Song Lyrics section.

Then you get a page listing all the topic discussions in that section.  At the top of the listing is a toolbar thing looking similar to this:

Pages: 2 3 ... 57 | Jump to Page   | Go Down                                                              Mark Topics as Read for this Board | Notify of replies | Start new topic | Post new poll

click on Start new topic and you get a box similar to the reply box.  Give your post a title and then type the main message in the large white box.  And then click on the Post button.

Good luck

Written By: seamermar on 09/27/08 at 12:45 pm

First of all you need to be in the correct section for your topic.  For example your lyrics question should go in the Song Lyrics section.

Then you get a page listing all the topic discussions in that section.  At the top of the listing is a toolbar thing looking similar to this:

Pages: 2 3 ... 57 | Jump to Page   | Go Down                                                              Mark Topics as Read for this Board | Notify of replies | Start new topic | Post new poll

click on Start new topic and you get a box similar to the reply box.  Give your post a title and then type the main message in the large white box.  And then click on the Post button.

Good luck

Good stuck you would have said Karen

I'm forever blowing bubbles, since I can't find the faking buttom Start new topic
I think it's the fickle finger of fate faking at me.

I hate to have to post in here again but I want to show every new parody that goes through my mind, but I can't start nothing, yes I know I've made double negation what it means afirmation but I'm so confused by now  :-\\

I learned hours ago the death of ones of my favourite actors so I made these lines in his memory.

Blue eyes staring at me,
no more blue skies will I see.
Blue tears for a missed son
mourning and distress all day long

Ever saw Newman ridinig a bike
ever saw him doin' lots of fight.
Amazing how many eggs he kept inside
Then we were young, now he just died

Good ways, part of them blown
Nothing but memories dragging on
Blue eyes staring at me,
up above heaven do I feel

Good guys, one of them gone
living beyond skies my dear Paul.

The song is blue skies from Irving Berlin

I hope you like it.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/27/08 at 2:59 pm

Good stuck you would have said Karen

I'm forever blowing bubbles, since I can't find the faking buttom Start new topic

Here, I will try to show you where the button is.

First picture is the front page.  Let's click on Playful Penguin Palace, since I want to post a new thread there. I've circled it in red to show you.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/bookmistress4ever/front.jpg

Ok, here is the front page of Playful Penguin Palace, see that I circled in blue how you can tell what part of inthe00s we are (which subtopic)
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/bookmistress4ever/startnewtopic1.jpg

I circled in red what you click on to start a new topic. It's in the right corner
Hope that helps.

Oh and by the way, nice Paul Newman poem.  I really liked him also.  :\'(

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/09/08 at 12:44 am

I see what you mean now.  I just translated the whole page into Spanish using the babelfish webpage,http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.inthe00s.com%2Findex.php%3Fboard%3D15.0&lp=en_es&btnTrUrl=Translate and the Start New Topic does not appear in the translated version. ???

I'm wondering how you started THIS topic in the first place.  Do you remember?  Or did you just start clicking buttons that are written in English and get lucky (which is probably what I would have done if I don't understand the language - just click buttons to see what they do.  ;D )

Written By: snozberries on 10/09/08 at 2:42 am

I see what you mean now.  I just translated the whole page into Spanish using the babelfish webpage,http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.inthe00s.com%2Findex.php%3Fboard%3D15.0&lp=en_es&btnTrUrl=Translate and the Start New Topic does not appear in the translated version. ???

I'm wondering how you started THIS topic in the first place.  Do you remember?  Or did you just start clicking buttons that are written in English and get lucky (which is probably what I would have done if I don't understand the language - just click buttons to see what they do.   ;D )

mii too ;D

Written By: seamermar on 10/20/08 at 10:58 am

I'm wondering how you started THIS topic in the first place.  Do you remember?  Or did you just start clicking buttons that are written in English and get lucky (which is probably what I would have done if I don't understand the language - just click buttons to see what they do.   ;D )

I'm still keeping on clicking Patty,  :) But as for the damn start topic button I ain't got not much luck by now. And you're right I don't remember how hell I did it for Am I seamermar.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Written By: snozberries on 10/23/08 at 5:02 pm

I have a question... hope it's not a stupid one

are you seeing the boards in english or in spanish?

Written By: seamermar on 10/25/08 at 12:41 pm

I wonder, snozberries, if it's possible to read it in Spanish,

Though, I think you're simply teasing at me....once more  ::) ::)

No really, I can't find where  or what is the wrong, I can see almost everything but that damn bottom.

Written By: snozberries on 10/25/08 at 1:17 pm

I wonder, snozberries, if it's possible to read it in Spanish,

Though, I think you're simply teasing at me....once more  ::) ::)

No really, I can't find where  or what is the wrong, I can see almost everything but that damn bottom.

no I'm not teasing you- not this time.  ;)  I teased you once but that was before I realized English is not your first language.
I was just curious if members from other countries see the boards in English as we do or in their native language.

I don't even know if technology is advanced enough to translate boards in this manner.

I think its great you're working on your english - Personally I think writing in rhyme is hard enough as an english speaker so I can't imagine doing it when you're still learning the language.

Written By: seamermar on 11/30/08 at 4:15 pm

Since I've just became a "bud ice penguin"
I would like to say that I rather sow the soil than saw the sprouts.

I hope to mellow to be a good fellow  ;)

Written By: seamermar on 12/01/08 at 5:27 am

Just right now an australian boomerang has friendly crashed against my heart  :D
to return not as an aborigine  weapon but like a buddy's christmas card  ;)

A great feeling

Written By: seamermar on 12/01/08 at 5:34 am

At last I've just decided to show me up.

From now on you can see a bit of my daily routine either up on the mountains or by the sea.

I hope you enjoy the view as I love a many of yours.

Sharing, cheering forever loving  ;)  :D :D

Check for new replies or respond here...