inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Musician Resurfaces After 43 Years

Written By: Michael on 05/23/08 at 4:04 pm

I am totally a newbie, both to this site (just found it today) and to writing political parodies (just started 5/3/08).  I was in singing groups, pre-Beatles, and had to choose to follow that career track or the business world.  Chose the latter and for 43 years was able to achieve the presidency of the last company I worked for.  During the later years, whenever an employee was achieving a special birthday, retiring or other occasion for a party and cake, I was always able to write a poem about that individual, bringing in their position duties, their history in the company and of course, their name.  I am now retired and completely invigorated since rediscovering my musical talents through the political song parodies that I have written(4)  and hope to continue writing.  We recorded one of the songs and tried to get it played on local radio but the day after delivering the cd's, the circumstances of the political target changed, naking the song, as recorded, unusabe.  I just finished a rewrite today and hope we can record it and get some air time.
I look forward to being part of this website.
Michael

Subject: Re: Musician Resurfaces After 43 Years

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/23/08 at 4:09 pm

Welcome to the boards Michael, you have found the right board to belong to and I hope your stay here will be a happy one.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/23/08 at 4:10 pm

Welcome,Bienvenido,Välkommen,Salam alaikum,Oideyasu

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/23/08 at 4:50 pm

A warm welcome, Michael.

Written By: Red Ant on 05/23/08 at 11:01 pm

Welcome to inthe00s.com, Michael.

Have you submitted your parody lyrics to www.amiright.com yet?

Soundclick.com is a pretty good place to get some exposure for your recordings.

Ant

Written By: nally on 05/23/08 at 11:16 pm

So you're a political parody writer? Me too, although I haven't written any since mid-2001. Anyway, I'm glad you could join this site, Michael, and I hope we see you around in the near future!

Written By: coqueta83 on 05/25/08 at 1:38 am

Welcome!! Have fun!!  :) :)

Written By: ninny on 06/01/08 at 10:23 am

Welcome.

Written By: gosoul2soul on 07/11/08 at 6:57 am

good for you

Check for new replies or respond here...