inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: HI everyone

Written By: greenjello74 on 06/05/08 at 10:46 am

I am a newbie here.
Lets see i love The Moody BLues, and REM.

I think the 70s were great. My fav years were 74,75,76.
Didn't dig Disco was more of a Deep Purple, Uriah Heep,  Black Sabbath kinda girl.
Ingested, inhaled. several iilegal substances Never was big into the snortin thing though.
Now I am a respectible Grandmotherwho still manages to inhale every once in a while.
I am 52 years old,from the Northeast relocated to Fla 18 months ago.
Thats me
Deb

Subject: Re: HI everyone

Written By: ninny on 06/05/08 at 11:13 am

Hi,Welcome..yes I agree the 70's were great :)

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/05/08 at 4:12 pm

Hello and welcome.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/05/08 at 5:31 pm

Welcome to the boards, I hope your stay here will be a happy one.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/05/08 at 6:38 pm

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn278/dyaztin/WELCOME.jpg

Written By: Tia on 06/05/08 at 7:18 pm

howdy green!  :)

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/05/08 at 8:45 pm

Welcome! Have fun!  :)  :)

Written By: greenjello74 on 06/07/08 at 9:26 am

Thanks for all the warm welcomes

Written By: nally on 06/10/08 at 11:54 pm

Welcome to the boards! I see you're having a great time here already. :) 8)

Written By: greenjello74 on 06/11/08 at 12:02 am

Thanks aside from a few mistakes I am having a blast keeps my mind off smoking.... Been smoke free for 7 days .. Yipee...

Written By: seamermar on 06/11/08 at 3:13 am

greenjello74,

I'm fun of seventies as well,

there was a great era, pitty of so many dirty stuff
which made a reckless youth be in a rot-

No I wasn't one but I saw many friends stay apart hanging rorm a neddle in dirty tenements.

Yours are mine further Neil Young,Simon & Garfunkel, Baez, Jopplin.....

Just what I said without horses and collitas everything would have been better.

But let bygones be bygones, and from now on  go have fun a lot. :D

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/11/08 at 7:47 am

I am a newbie here.
Lets see i love The Moody BLues, and REM.

I think the 70s were great. My fav years were 74,75,76.
Didn't dig Disco was more of a Deep Purple, Uriah Heep,  Black Sabbath kinda girl.
Ingested, inhaled. several iilegal substances Never was big into the snortin thing though.
Now I am a respectible Grandmotherwho still manages to inhale every once in a while.
I am 52 years old,from the Northeast relocated to Fla 18 months ago.
Thats me
Deb

Hi Deb. Well we have a couple of things in common, I see ? Would you believe ... if a genie came to me .... and said I could re-live any 3 consecutive years of my life only .........I would probably have chosen 74, 75, and 76  !

As for the Moody Blues .... I have stated elsewhere ......... that probably the album I have played to death .... of all the albums I've ever had .......... has been:

http://www.music-lyrics-chord.com/cover/Moody_Blues_To_Our_Childrens_Childrens_Children.jpg

Further .... I was such a fan of their 'core 7' (to Seventh Sojourn ) ..... that in one case .... I commisioned an artist friend to handpaint me an album cover on to a sweat shirt. It was THIS one:

http://www.progarchives.com/progressive_rock_discography_covers/224/cover_4813221212007.jpg

Finally, in this regard ..... I also once had a t-shirt that I bought somewhere ...... which had THIS on the chest area:

http://pixhost.eu/avaxhome/avaxhome/2007-11-07/Blue_Jays_D_front.jpg

Yeah, I've seen them in concert a couple of times ... and I've got the pretty good 'Red Rocks' (Colorado) concert on DVD.

Btw ... I only became aware of this myself a few days back ... when I stumbled across THIS one in my local library:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51i33ISIo4L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/MOODY-BLUES-Lost-Performance-PARIS/dp/B00023BN38

Well ... at least it was free for me to view. What I DO like about it ... they perform some  of my faves on this one ..... AND you see them when they were REALLY young  / in their 'hey day' !  What I DON'T like about it .... they are SO obviously miming probably half the songs on it !  8-P    :-[    :(

Anyway, worth considering .... if you can stomach all that ?  :-\\

Oh yeah ... I was a TOTAL pot head too. Smoked approx 3 joints a day EVERY day ...... back in 74-76 ....... could have been more (?)  :-\\

Quit only 4 years back. Makes me too sad/ depressive, morbid, insular ...  (scared ? ) ... these days ? So, I drink a lot more grog .... to compensate ?    :-\\    :P    ;D

Well, welcome to the board. Hope you have fun !  :)

Written By: greenjello74 on 06/11/08 at 10:25 am

OMG  Are we soulmates? EGBDF is one of my fav Moodies albums... I have seen them in concert about 5 times. The last time was in '88. We took our then 4 yr old daughter with us to MSG in New York. She loved it and has been a devoted fan ever since. She had surgery on her feet when she was ten and Jus sent her and autographed by hand picture.  I would be hard pressed to pick a fav album. I do have a copy of Caught live +5 on vinyl. Also The Blue jays album on vinyl as well.  Loved your tee shirt . I actually considered having two small bluejays and two small musical notes tatooed on my shoulder but chickened out at the last minute.
I just got a copy of Justins Songwriter from ebay for (get this) 1.04. Now I'm trying to get Natural Avenue on vinyl. I have it on CD, but want it on vinyl. And I will definitely  check out that live 70's concert you have. I think some clips are on you tube. The syncing doesn't really bother me. If you haven't heard Caught  live +5 it is totally live and very raw. I think it was recorded in 1968 or so. Alas I have no way to convert it to cd or mp3 my kid might, so let me know if you'd like a copy, and I will see what I can do.

Yes those mid 70s' were quite a gas, all the fun, freedom and yes drugs. I used to pop quaaludes now all I pop are cardiac meds. Oh well
I actually stopped partying when I had my kids. About 25 years ago but like I said I'm not above inhaling every once in a blue moon.
Used to drink all weekend long back then too Peppermint Schnapps and beer chasers. Tequila Sunrises, Purple Jesus. Oh and of course the occasional brush with Night train express . Well once anyway.
I was living in Neptune N.J. right across the tracks from Asbury Park, you could pay 50. get a drink and see bands like Bruce Springsteen, Blondie, NY Dolls. Oh I wish I had a time machine but don't we all.
Peace

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/11/08 at 10:46 am

^

Interesting stuff, Deb.

Well I have heard/ owned at one stage ..... 'Caught live plus 5'. Gotta say, I much preferred listening to their studio stuff .... much more polished / layered sounds ... which they obviously couldn't match live. Still, at least it WAS live ... unlike the mime job I've told you of. When I left the UK, I gave my brother all my LPs. Hmm, just had the thought. Well, I did get most of their solo albums after they split. The ones I particularly liked were ... apart from Blue Jays .... the efforts by Ray Thomas. I miss hearing the songs from his 'Mighty Oaks' album .... and haven't found them on Limewire (oops, did I say the 'L' word ? )  I also had his 'Hopes wishes and dreams' ... which featured one of the biggest tear jerkers ever 'Didn't I'. The one that goes through my head from his 'Oaks' album ... 'Somewhere, the sun, is always shining'. Yeah, I'm sure there were a few good ones on it.

Oh ... btw .... just remembered ........ well, last year, the 'War of the Worlds' concert toured here .... and featured Chris Thompson from Manfred Mann, along with Jeff Wayne .......... AND Justin Hayward.  His voice was still quite impressive, even though past its peak. I waited outside in vain, for half an hour with some friends  .... hoping to see him up close / shake hands / autograph etc; ? He must've sneaked out some back way !    :(

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/11/08 at 10:50 am

Well, I'm about off to bed ....nearly 2am, local time (here in Sydney) ... tired. Meant to add ^ .... from 'Caught live' .... the NEW song (new to my ears then) which stood out was the one 'What am I doing here'

As for the Oaks album ... I might try see if my brother's got it ... and tape or cd it ... if poss ?

Written By: greenjello74 on 06/11/08 at 11:01 am

Sweet Dreams from  Fla USA.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 06/15/08 at 10:56 pm

From the scorched-earth plains of Northern California does the misadventurere known as HawkTheSlayer sends greetings to a cool person!

(Taking the name "Green Jello" takes guts! I liked them, and am working diligently to get both of their albums.)

To quote another 1970s rock icon- Meat Loaf: "Welcome to the neighborhood!"

Written By: greenjello74 on 06/16/08 at 10:12 pm

From the scorched-earth plains of Northern California does the misadventurere known as HawkTheSlayer sends greetings to a cool person!

(Taking the name "Green Jello" takes guts! I liked them, and am working diligently to get both of their albums.)

To quote another 1970s rock icon- Meat Loaf: "Welcome to the neighborhood!"

Thanks They have been forced to change thier name to Green Jelly. You could try u torent maybe. I was just shocked to see that my handle was actually a band name
Yipeee  I'm Almost famous http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/a_smil17.gif

Written By: whistledog on 06/17/08 at 7:56 pm

welcome to the boards :)

Check for new replies or respond here...