inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Gidday from down under (Newbe!)

Written By: Captainfancypants on 11/14/08 at 6:01 am

Gidday all. Have just explored the world of the 80s on the net, after stuffing around on my website reviewing (in a very Aussie and comical way as a child of the 70's & 80's) the hits of 70's and 80's songs each week.
Had no idea so many forums were out there. These are great.  Have joined here and 80sxchange.com.  Both seem to be great and a wealth of info.

Looking for ideas and am an avid fan of all that was (or still is) glam and 80's.
As far as my 80's addiction goes, "Countdown" (equivalent of "top of the pops" or "solid gold" - dependent on country) was my staple growing up and looking forward to a musical comedy based on it starting Jan 09 in Melbourne
We run a "mimesational" cover (if you can call it that) band called "cleavagedownunder" and hope to have a gig in Melbourne soon as even bad mime need rehearsals. But the website explains. Mostly how unstable we all are!
If you can suggests songs for review, feel free to comment on the site, otherwise keep rockin!
Captain Fancypants from www.cleavagedownunder.com
the greatest band in the street.javascript:void(0);
edit - spelling of gidday !!!

Subject: Re: Giddy from down under (Newbe!)

Written By: danootaandme on 11/14/08 at 6:13 am

Welcome.  I keyed into your web and it is a lot of fun.  :)

Written By: Captainfancypants on 11/14/08 at 6:16 am

Thanks, that was quick..  I don't think the typing ink had dried.....
;D
Cheers

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/14/08 at 6:22 am

Welcome to the boards, I hope your stay here will be a happy one.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/14/08 at 6:24 am

You will find that we are an odd lot. 

Subject: Re: Gidday from down under (Newbe!)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/14/08 at 6:40 am

You will find that we are an odd lot. 
A world wide odd lot.

Written By: karen on 11/14/08 at 7:58 am

Welcome to the boards Captainfancypants

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/14/08 at 9:46 am

Gidday all. Have just explored the world of the 80s on the net, after stuffing around on my website reviewing (in a very Aussie and comical way as a child of the 70's & 80's) the hits of 70's and 80's songs each week.
Had no idea so many forums were out there. These are great.  Have joined here and 80sxchange.com.  Both seem to be great and a wealth of info.

Looking for ideas and am an avid fan of all that was (or still is) glam and 80's.
As far as my 80's addiction goes, "Countdown" (equivalent of "top of the pops" or "solid gold" - dependent on country) was my staple growing up and looking forward to a musical comedy based on it starting Jan 09 in Melbourne
We run a "mimesational" cover (if you can call it that) band called "cleavagedownunder" and hope to have a gig in Melbourne soon as even bad mime need rehearsals. But the website explains. Mostly how unstable we all are!
If you can suggests songs for review, feel free to comment on the site, otherwise keep rockin!
Captain Fancypants from www.cleavagedownunder.com
the greatest band in the street.javascript:void(0);
edit - spelling of gidday !!!

Gidday to you too. Well .... I'm not a REAL Aussie .. just a fake import .... who lives in Sydney .... but there is at least ONE fairly regular Aussie poster ... gibbo ... from Brisbane .... and  ... 'Mooster'  (Amanda) ........ also  Australian / Sydney-sider .... here to greet you  (she's a bit less frequent ? ) . Did I miss out 'Luke' .... in our colony aka New Zealand ?     ???  ???  :P

Anyhow ... have a good time !    ;D

Written By: Midas on 11/14/08 at 10:10 am

Welcome and karamel awarded for a cool username :D

Written By: Dagwood on 11/14/08 at 10:51 am

Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy the ride. :)

Written By: ladybug316 on 11/14/08 at 12:21 pm

A warm welcom to you, Captain!

Written By: Captainfancypants on 11/14/08 at 3:25 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome!  If you like my name, the "band" also have some good ones! :o

Did not realise all these forum's existed.  Will be asking for ideas as I do song reviews.
But thanks for the warm welcome!
Working on the review of "What will we be singing in the 80's by "The Monitors" a one hit wonder band from 1981
However for any "Neighbors" fans, the Blakeney twins were in the clip as teenagers.
Will be out later today
With help and full credit from here at in the oo's.com as it made a list I found on there!

"I love youse all!"

Captain Fancypants of CDU

Written By: Jessica on 11/14/08 at 6:23 pm

Welcome welcome.  And your name just tickles me. ;D

I'll have to check out your site some more.

Written By: Captainfancypants on 11/14/08 at 10:30 pm

OK, finally, for those interested, I have comically reviewed a old 1980's Aussie song "What will we be singing in the 80's" by The Monitors. For those that may be from UK, this film clip featured the "Blakeney twins" who were only about 12 in this clip, but went onto star in "Neighbours" (Aussie and UK soap) and very average 1990's record deals. But read the review to learn.  Got some of the info from the site here (which was helpful)  Hopefully I credited the right people!
all at www.cleavagedownunder.com
PS is this the right location to talk about song reviews, or should I be somewhere else?????

Love "The Captain"

Written By: ninny on 11/15/08 at 5:52 am

Welcome! have a wonderful stay :)

Written By: karen on 11/15/08 at 9:23 am

OK, finally, for those interested, I have comically reviewed a old 1980's Aussie song "What will we be singing in the 80's" by The Monitors. For those that may be from UK, this film clip featured the "Blakeney twins" who were only about 12 in this clip, but went onto star in "Neighbours" (Aussie and UK soap) and very average 1990's record deals. But read the review to learn.  Got some of the info from the site here (which was helpful)  Hopefully I credited the right people!
all at www.cleavagedownunder.com
PS is this the right location to talk about song reviews, or should I be somewhere else?????

Love "The Captain"

I had a look at your website last night.  It looked interesting but I found it hard to read - some of the text was overlapping other text or pictures.  Not sure if that is my fault or yours!?

Song reviews might be better posted in the relevant decade area in the Pop Culture section of the messageboard.

Have a look around the boards and see the typical discussions in each section.

Written By: whistledog on 11/15/08 at 9:32 pm

Captain Underpants.  Sounds like a cool name for a cartoon lol

Welcoem to the boards and please enjoy your stay :)

Written By: Captainfancypants on 11/17/08 at 12:52 am

I had a look at your website last night.  It looked interesting but I found it hard to read - some of the text was overlapping other text or pictures.  Not sure if that is my fault or yours!?

Song reviews might be better posted in the relevant decade area in the Pop Culture section of the messageboard.

Have a look around the boards and see the typical discussions in each section.

Hope it is your end, as it looks OK when I just checked it.  Was pretty sure I fixed that a week ago when I changed the backgorund from a really busy layout!
Yes it is a busy site, but (like the band) we are learning!
Thanks for the feedback

Written By: mooster on 11/18/08 at 4:00 am

Hello! Any Sydney gigs on the horizon ?  :)

Written By: Captainfancypants on 11/21/08 at 2:04 am

The band is open to negotiation for any trip to play, will basically play for beer and peanuts! (and airfare, maybe some "Island coolers" for the ladies, we will have Blackberry Nip (For the Americans - Like Night train ((Blues Brothers))
There may be other "demands" or "wishes".  Like being picked up from the airport in a stretch panel van.  Ugg boots for the band.

First Sydney then the world.... (But need to get Mums permission first, and the other band members may need to rehearse!

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 11/23/08 at 5:49 am

Hello and Welcome!!! :)

Written By: holicman on 11/25/08 at 6:10 am

welcome to the boards fellow Aussie :)

Written By: coqueta83 on 11/26/08 at 7:28 pm

Welcome! Have fun!!!  :)  :)

Written By: Captainfancypants on 11/27/08 at 4:59 am

Having fun and enjoying it so far. 
Thanksgiving on smilies!  Maybe we should get Aussie ones, like horse one for the Melbourne Cup??? :-\\

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/27/08 at 5:12 am

Having fun and enjoying it so far. 
Thanksgiving on smilies!   Maybe we should get Aussie ones, like horse one for the Melbourne Cup??? :-\\

Since the site is in Boston (I believe) ..  USA .. 65 odd % of this site's posters ....   Americans (including the owner), less than 10%, Australians,   ... I suspect  you have a  'snowball's chance in hell' .......... of THAT happening.

But NICE try !    :P      :D

Written By: Captainfancypants on 11/27/08 at 5:23 am

Since the site is in Boston (I believe) ..  USA .. 65 odd % of this site's posters ....   Americans (including the owner), less than 10%, Australians,   ... I suspect  you have a  'snowball's chance in hell' .......... of THAT happening.
True :D

I have a feeling we may number less than 5 (if you include the New Zealanders here also!) and very hard to change similes into racehorses!
Maybe jealous you lot are on holidays  - But note, Melbourne is one of the only cities in the world that gets a Holiday for a bloody horse race!
But this is a good thing as it is a week of partying.

But NICE try !    :P      :D

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/27/08 at 5:31 am

I'm not one of 'you lot' ... in the sense .... I think you've forgotten ... I live in Sydney ?

You got CAUGHT in the 'quote box' on your reply. You'll have to look out for that !  ( It does tend to happen with 'certain people'  .... where's that 'Angel' smile ....  ;)  ... who have large gaps of space ... in their posts !  ;D

I think there are three REGULAR Ozzie poster's here  ... and maybe another 5 or so .... LESS frequent one's here too ?

Written By: Captainfancypants on 11/27/08 at 3:31 pm

Woops

Damn reply boxes - takes away the impact of the joke really!

Written By: nally on 11/29/08 at 2:00 pm

Welcome aboard, Captain fancy pants! I hope you enjoy yourself, matey!!

Written By: Big Nasty on 01/02/09 at 8:51 pm

Welcome to you and G'Day and stuff.

Check for new replies or respond here...