inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New Member

Written By: Flaming Cuyahoga on 11/15/08 at 6:54 pm

Hi, everyone, my name is Darrell, but you can call me "Flaming Cuyahoga" after my favorite weird news story, which of course, is that of the Cuyahoga River in Ohio catching fire due to companies like Dupont and Dow dumping toxic waste into the water sometime in the 1970s. I enjoy working on my 1940 Mercury convertible sedan that I finished restoring in 1984, playing golf, drinking beer and basically sitting around in my high-dollar retirement condominium doing what amounts to nothing. I discovered this site when I was Googling my favorite musical act of the 1970s, which is the AM rock trio Hamilton, Joe Frank and Reynolds, and I planned on posting a question to the author of the article, only to find that she was no longer a member or was a guest, if the caption under her name was to be judged.

Subject: Re: New Member

Written By: Tam on 11/15/08 at 9:27 pm

Hi, everyone, my name is Darrell, but you can call me "Flaming Cuyahoga" after my favorite weird news story, which of course, is that of the Cuyahoga River in Ohio catching fire due to companies like Dupont and Dow dumping toxic waste into the water sometime in the 1970s. I enjoy working on my 1940 Mercury convertible sedan that I finished restoring in 1984, playing golf, drinking beer and basically sitting around in my high-dollar retirement condominium doing what amounts to nothing. I discovered this site when I was Googling my favorite musical act of the 1970s, which is the AM rock trio Hamilton, Joe Frank and Reynolds, and I planned on posting a question to the author of the article, only to find that she was no longer a member or was a guest, if the caption under her name was to be judged.

You are partially correct. I am actually Andria's significant other, who decided to join this website, which means that since we share a computer, the  e-mail address that a moderator or administrator or whoever knows who is online sees is the same. By the way, I have shown some of the things that various people wrote about Andria to her, and she really came unglued.

Welcome to the boards.

First off, in order to make your stay here much nicer, you should be advised that claiming you know nothing of the other member in one post, and then 'coming clean' about it in another is the smart way to start off on the wrong foot. Now, if you are in fact her significant other, then of course she has told you how the people here treated her, although she probably didn't relay why they treated her as such. Perhaps that is a discussion you should have with her.

Next, I will advise you to read the RULES and make sure you are comfortable with them. Please also make yourself aware of the last two lines in the rules document.

Finally, we strive to keep this forum as clean, tidy and respectful as possible. Sometimes things fall through the cracks, and honestly not everyone always gets along. I will advise that if you find that you may not get along with someone else, post around them or ignore them. That is all we can ask.

Welcome to inthe00s

Tam
Lead Moderator

If

Written By: whistledog on 11/15/08 at 9:31 pm

Welcome to the boards Darrell.  Enjoy your stay, and remember to play nice :)

Written By: Flaming Cuyahoga on 11/16/08 at 12:11 am

After I read Tam's post that explained the rules, which I read but Andria neglected to and also gave friendly advice to me, I discussed why she perceived herself as being poorly treated by the people on this website, and she confessed that she had been drinking alcohol in large quantities before posting the articles that were deleted by the moderator for being insulting and/or threatening and had also taken caffein pills and washed them down with grain alcohol. I, on the other hand, drink socially rather than guzzling it like Andria has since she was in grammar school, and I have no intent to ever post anything of a threatening, sexual or scatological nature. Furthermore, I have explained to Andria that she would have to attend Alcoholics Anonymous meetings or else I would put her into detox and our relationship could very well end right there.   

Written By: danootaandme on 11/16/08 at 5:22 am

Welcome Cuyahogo, ever hear the Randy Newman Song Burn On ?

There's a red moon rising
On the Cuyahoga River
Rolling into Cleveland to the lake

....Burn on, big river, burn on
Burn on, big river, burn on

Written By: Flaming Cuyahoga on 11/16/08 at 10:19 am

Welcome Cuyahogo, ever hear the Randy Newman Song Burn On ?

There's a red moon rising
On the Cuyahoga River
Rolling into Cleveland to the lake

....Burn on, big river, burn on
Burn on, big river, burn on

Yeah, I've heard it, although I don't particularly care for Randy Newman's music.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/16/08 at 3:53 pm

After I read Tam's post that explained the rules, which I read but Andria neglected to and also gave friendly advice to me, I discussed why she perceived herself as being poorly treated by the people on this website, and she confessed that she had been drinking alcohol in large quantities before posting the articles that were deleted by the moderator for being insulting and/or threatening and had also taken caffein pills and washed them down with grain alcohol. I, on the other hand, drink socially rather than guzzling it like Andria has since she was in grammar school, and I have no intent to ever post anything of a threatening, sexual or scatological nature. Furthermore, I have explained to Andria that she would have to attend Alcoholics Anonymous meetings or else I would put her into detox and our relationship could very well end right there.   
you seem to be an easy going person thus far. welcome to inthe00s Flaming Cuyahoga. as for Andria, you sound like you have your hands full. I'm a bit curious as to when you explained to her that she needs treatment for her uncontroled drinking habits or else you'd dump her. Was that before you joined here, or after reading the suggestions from other members here?

Written By: Flaming Cuyahoga on 11/16/08 at 7:54 pm

you seem to be an easy going person thus far. welcome to inthe00s Flaming Cuyahoga. as for Andria, you sound like you have your hands full. I'm a bit curious as to when you explained to her that she needs treatment for her uncontroled drinking habits or else you'd dump her. Was that before you joined here, or after reading the suggestions from other members here?

Yes, Badfinger Fan, the situation in which I explained that Andria would have to get treatment or get out of my life happened approximately 3 days before she quit this site.

Check for new replies or respond here...