inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hi, I've been here a month already

Written By: Frank on 03/28/09 at 1:54 am

I enjoy listening to music (50's, 60's, 70's, 80's)
Watching old films (40's through 80's)
Love NHL hockey, MLB (baseball), listening to the Beatles, the Police, Billy Joel, Chicago, Genesis and many more.

I speak 3 languages and am trying to learn a 4th (Cantonese) but it's a hard one.
I'm from Canada.  My wife says I post too much already.
Glad to be aboard.

Subject: Re: Hi, I've been here a month already

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/28/09 at 2:43 am

Love NHL hockey, MLB (baseball), listening to the Beatles, the Police, Billy Joel, Chicago, Genesis and many more.

I speak 3 languages and am trying to learn a 4th (Cantonese) but it's a hard one.
Glad to be aboard.

official greetings Frank & congrats on your 1st month  :)  it looks like you dig this place. That's great. we have 2 things in common, love of baseball and The Beatles. just a note...many spouses and S.O's have felt neglected because inthe00s members become addicted to this place and spend a lot of time here. welcome and have a great time while you're here.  8)

Written By: gibbo on 03/28/09 at 3:04 am

Glad to be aboard.

Official welcome Frank.. :)  As BFF alluded..you gotta watch the time spent here. It can be a source of marital conflict if the right balance is not struck.. ;)

Hey ..I speak four languages....English, Australian, American and Canadian..... :D

Written By: Henk on 03/28/09 at 4:31 am

Official welcome Frank.. :)  As BFF alluded..you gotta watch the time spent here. It can be a source of marital conflict if the right balance is not struck.. ;)

Hey ..I speak four languages....English, Australian, American and Canadian..... :D

Five, if you count double Dutch. ;)

Glad to be aboard.

An official Welcome to the boards, Frank. :)

Regardless of what your wife says, you can never post too much here.
;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/28/09 at 4:45 am

Welcome offically to the boards, it looks like you are enjoying yourself here.

Written By: snozberries on 03/28/09 at 10:41 am

Welcome, officially, frank....tho I seem to keep running into you on the boards.... and that's a good thing.  O0

Written By: nally on 03/28/09 at 3:02 pm

Belated welcome to you Frank!! 8) I see that you've been having a great time on here, especially the PBG's...and I'm glad you like Major League Baseball too!! Do you have a favorite team?

Written By: Red Ant on 03/28/09 at 3:22 pm

Welcome to the board, Frank.

Wowie, 3400+ posts in a month.

What languages do you speak?

Ant

Written By: anabel on 03/28/09 at 3:49 pm

WOW!  Seriously, you've only been here a month?  With over 3400 posts?  I think I see posting rehab in your future..... ;D  I thought you had been here forever!  I've been here since March 7 and was thinking 300 posts was a lot!  :) Wow again.....and welcome!  :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/28/09 at 4:31 pm

He's got postwhore potential.  Besides he's made some pretty cool post.

BTW, belated welcome. :)

Written By: karen on 03/28/09 at 4:53 pm

Welcome to the boards Frank.

Written By: Frank on 03/28/09 at 5:05 pm

Belated welcome to you Frank!! 8) I see that you've been having a great time on here, especially the PBG's...and I'm glad you like Major League Baseball too!! Do you have a favorite team?

Boston Red Sox (used to be montreal Expos but they are
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/sad1.gif)

Welcome to the board, Frank.

Wowie, 3400+ posts in a month.

What languages do you speak?

Ant

English, French, Italian..and some Cantonese

WOW!  Seriously, you've only been here a month?  With over 3400 posts?  I think I see posting rehab in your future..... ;D  I thought you had been here forever!  I've been here since March 7 and was thinking 300 posts was a lot!  :) Wow again.....and welcome!  :)

As long as I'm not in rehab alone..I can get others to join me

Welcome, officially, frank....tho I seem to keep running into you on the boards.... and that's a good thing.  O0

As long as you don't lose anymore front teeth  ::)

official greetings Frank & congrats on your 1st month  :)   it looks like you dig this place. That's great. we have 2 things in common, love of baseball and The Beatles. just a note...many spouses and S.O's have felt neglected because inthe00s members become addicted to this place and spend a lot of time here. welcome and have a great time while you're here.  8)

Beatles rule!! (wish I had seen them in concert..but too young)
"addicted to this place" You make that sound like a bad thing... ;D

Written By: nally on 03/28/09 at 5:42 pm

Boston Red Sox (used to be montreal Expos but they are
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/sad1.gif)

Cool! O0 Like I said on the MLB 2009 thread in Sports Zone, you guys will probably do well this year since you got two pitchers from my L.A. Dodger team: starter Brad Penny and reliever Takashi Saito, who had done pretty well with LAD despite being injured.

On the subject, I do have one other question: just out of curiosity, do you have the MLB Network too?

Written By: Frank on 03/28/09 at 5:55 pm

On the subject, I do have one other question: just out of curiosity, do you have the MLB Network too?

No I don't have MLB network.

You guys have Manny... An Amazing hitter. Boston would not have won the couple of World series without him.  He might hit 50+ Hr's this year, or be run out of town by September...no one knows!

Written By: wildcard on 03/28/09 at 9:29 pm

hmm... nope never heard of you.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/31/09 at 9:17 am

Hey Frank, here's another official welcome - you've made a great addition to this bunch of lunatics.  I'm also a major Beatles fan - there's nobody better as far as I'm concerned! 

Written By: whistledog on 03/31/09 at 8:31 pm

Always nice to have another Canadian amongst the boards.  Glad to officially meet ya Frank :)

Written By: Frank on 03/31/09 at 11:26 pm

Hey Frank, here's another official welcome - you've made a great addition to this bunch of lunatics.  I'm also a major Beatles fan - there's nobody better as far as I'm concerned! 

Beatles are the best!..and I'm just a lunatic amongst lunatics. It's a great asylum to live in

hmm... nope never heard of you.

I've never heard of myself either. Am I real...or memorex

Always nice to have another Canadian amongst the boards.  Glad to officially meet ya Frank :)

Yup, I think we need more Canadians on the board. Lots of good little CDN bands/songs from the 60's and 70's that are a little on the **unknown** side in the USA .

Written By: nally on 04/02/09 at 10:06 pm

No I don't have MLB network.

that's too bad. Must be available only on digital cable systems or something.

You guys have Manny... An Amazing hitter. Boston would not have won the couple of World series without him.  He might hit 50+ Hr's this year, or be run out of town by September...no one knows!

that's true, when LAD got him last summer he hit 17 home runs for his new team and helped 'em reach the postseason. We'll see what he does this year. 8)

Written By: Frank on 04/09/09 at 1:20 am

So far in 3 games he has 3 RBI's and no HR's yet.
and no MANNY MOMENTS yet

Written By: ninny on 04/16/09 at 4:55 pm

Hi and welcome. :)

Written By: coqueta83 on 05/19/09 at 8:22 pm

Arrrrrgh....I can't believe I overlooked this thread!  :o  :-[  :D

Anyway....I hope you're having a blast!  ;)  :D

Written By: snozberries on 05/19/09 at 10:01 pm

Arrrrrgh....I can't believe I overlooked this thread!  :o  :-[  :D

Anyway....I hope you're having a blast!  ;)  :D

He's been keeping busy  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...