inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Introducing the WB

Written By: WarrenBaker on 05/03/10 at 7:59 pm

And suddenly it occurred to me
I'm posting here for free
I'm posting notes for free

So I'll post when I'm able
I'll be posting soon
Never be rude and be glad when I'm through
When opinions come, I will post them, friend
And we'll chat together then.
I hope to have a subject then.

I'm a late bloomer writer from North Carolina who has a passion for rhymes and rhythms. Past experiences in college radio, easy listening radio, top 40 radio, and R&B radio have lent me a wide range of useless musical knowledge. Of which I enjoy immensely.

I have a nasty habit of singing about bagels at work, and I suspect that's the only reason they keep me on there. That, and I bring them free bagels every once in a while.

I also have a blog called the Blogging Baker which has a regular readership of, er, some. You'll find a lot of the songs and album parodies that I post on AIR on my blog, plus you'll find silly pictures, poetry, and random ramblings of little importance to the general populace.

Currently, I work with professionals in video production as an editing trainer and consultant.

Warren Baker
http://thebloggingbaker.blogspot.com/

Subject: Re: Introducing the WB

Written By: Midas on 05/05/10 at 10:19 am

Welcome a-board, Mr. Baker! :)

What words do you use to rhyme with bagel?  Cable? (probably fitting in your field :D)  Clark Gable?

Written By: WarrenBaker on 05/05/10 at 10:53 am

Welcome a-board, Mr. Baker! :)

What words do you use to rhyme with bagel?  Cable? (probably fitting in your field :D)  Clark Gable?

Hmmm. For starters:

Finagle, driedel, navel, naval, lable, table, papal, staple, babel, enable, debatable, pageable, stray gull, frameable (all of the -ables)

Then we have the rhymes for 'lox' and 'cheese'....

Hungry yet?!

Written By: Midas on 05/06/10 at 9:22 am

Hmmm. For starters:

Finagle, driedel, navel, naval, lable, table, papal, staple, babel, enable, debatable, pageable, stray gull, frameable (all of the -ables)

Then we have the rhymes for 'lox' and 'cheese'....

Hungry yet?!

Yes!  And I just ate breakfast! :D

Written By: Frank on 05/06/10 at 4:58 pm

Welcome
We may not have silly walks, but we have silly talks.
What's a silly walk? Intentionally walking a guy with the bases loaded in a tie game.

Written By: WarrenBaker on 05/06/10 at 8:27 pm

Welcome
We may not have silly walks, but we have silly talks.
What's a silly walk? Intentionally walking a guy with the bases loaded in a tie game.

Nice one!

To me, its what happens when a classic skit from Monty Python meets a man with Photoshop and too much time on his hands!!! If you've never seen it, hope you enjoy this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqhlQfXUk7w

I'm a huge fan of things British and silly.

Written By: Frank on 05/06/10 at 11:38 pm

Nice one!

To me, its what happens when a classic skit from Monty Python meets a man with Photoshop and too much time on his hands!!! If you've never seen it, hope you enjoy this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqhlQfXUk7w

I'm a huge fan of things British and silly.

I'm a big Python fan, and Fawlty Towers as well, lots of people on the boards are. Yesterday was Michael Palin's ( don't call me Sarah) birthday.

Written By: WarrenBaker on 05/07/10 at 6:38 am

Saw Cleese on the Graham Norton show this past weekend, and he was talking about taking a month or two to write a single episode for Fawlty Towers. Which no regular series could get away with today. Brilliant man and fine connoisseur of parrots. And Palin, equally brilliant and fine purveyor of parrots. ;)

Written By: Frank on 05/07/10 at 11:10 am

Saw Cleese on the Graham Norton show this past weekend, and he was talking about taking a month or two to write a single episode for Fawlty Towers. Which no regular series could get away with today. Brilliant man and fine connoisseur of parrots. And Palin, equally brilliant and fine purveyor of parrots. ;)

Only 12 episodes of that show. The first half done a few years prior to the 2nd half.
I think Andrew Sachs (Manuel) was fabulous in his role (Qué?)

Written By: nally on 06/14/10 at 10:55 pm

Welcome aboard, Warren! Hope you're enjoying it here. :)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/11/10 at 9:25 pm

Welcome aboard, AmIRight adept!

Check for new replies or respond here...