inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Warped is in the house.

Written By: warped on 06/12/12 at 6:10 pm

From Canada. I have a warped view on things, generally.
I like listening to my music. Like watching my sports.
I try and discover a funny side to anything. Too much crap goin' on in the world. Gotta stop and smell the hoses. Garden hoses. A dozen hoses for Valentines day. After all, we Canadians are "hosers"

(Coo roo koo koo koo koo koo koo ...Bob And Doug....)
Howzitgoin', eh?

Subject: Re: Warped is in the house.

Written By: Howard on 06/12/12 at 7:49 pm

Hey warped welcome to the club. I'm Howard.  :)

Written By: warped on 06/12/12 at 8:04 pm

Thanks for sharing your name with me, never would have guessed it.

Written By: Dagwood on 06/12/12 at 8:56 pm

Welcome, warped!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/12/12 at 9:12 pm

Hello there, Warped! Welcome! :)

Written By: nally on 06/12/12 at 10:36 pm

Welcome aboard!! Glad you have joined us. My real name's Jeffrey; it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. :)

Written By: wildcard on 06/12/12 at 11:03 pm

WAAS SAPPENING?

Written By: Henk on 06/13/12 at 5:24 am

Welcome to the boards, warped. :)

Enjoy your stay!

Thanks for sharing your name with me, never would have guessed it.

I wonder...can you guess mine? ;)

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/13/12 at 7:42 am

Hello  :)

Written By: warped on 06/13/12 at 5:51 pm

Welcome to the boards, warped. :)

Enjoy your stay!

I wonder...can you guess mine? ;)

Wondering...give me a few days to thenk about it.

Written By: Goodogbadog on 06/14/12 at 12:12 am

From Canada. I have a warped view on things, generally.
I like listening to my music. Like watching my sports.
I try and discover a funny side to anything. Too much crap goin' on in the world. Gotta stop and smell the hoses. Garden hoses. A dozen hoses for Valentines day. After all, we Canadians are "hosers"

(Coo roo koo koo koo koo koo koo ...Bob And Doug....)
Howzitgoin', eh?

I'm new, too, but I spose I can welcome you!!!  Welcome!!  (this is the first time I've been to this part) You sound like you'll enjoy! A lot of opinions here!!

Written By: Bobby on 02/01/13 at 7:09 pm

Hiya Warped.

I didn't realise you were a recent addition to the Inthe00s rosta. :)

I am from England but would like to go to Canada some day. I listen to a bit of Rush, Triumph and Frozen Ghost occasionally. I was listening to a bit of Paul Janz, Spirit of the West and Stan Rogers a while back.

Of course, Bret 'The Hitman' Hart from Calgary, Alberta is one of my favourite wrestlers...alongside The Ultimate Warrior of course. :)

Welcome aboard.

Written By: warped on 02/01/13 at 8:05 pm

Hiya Warped.

I didn't realise you were a recent addition to the Inthe00s rosta. :)

I am from England but would like to go to Canada some day. I listen to a bit of Rush, Triumph and Frozen Ghost occasionally. I was listening to a bit of Paul Janz, Spirit of the West and Stan Rogers a while back.

Of course, Bret 'The Hitman' Hart from Calgary, Alberta is one of my favourite wrestlers...alongside The Ultimate Warrior of course. :)

Welcome aboard.

I use to love the Ultimate Warrior when I watched wrestling, and I met "The Hitman" once, in a restaurant. he's not that much taller than me, but he's built.

Written By: Howard on 02/01/13 at 8:37 pm

I use to love the Ultimate Warrior when I watched wrestling, and I met "The Hitman" once, in a restaurant. he's not that much taller than me, but he's built.

have you seen The Ultimate Warrior lately?

Written By: warped on 02/01/13 at 8:43 pm

have you seen The Ultimate Warrior lately?

Yeah, on Bobby's avatar. Or on youtube. Does he still wrestle?

Written By: Howard on 02/02/13 at 6:53 am

Yeah, on Bobby's avatar. Or on youtube. Does he still wrestle?

No that was from the 80's you're in the wrong era dude:

http://static.entertainmentwise.com/photos/Image/ultimatewarrior123.jpg

and here he is in his stupid makeup today thinking it's 25 years ago.  ::)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Ot2E-EUZnnY/TPcu64PWPzI/AAAAAAAAHiE/vAXiZuQXYJM/s1600/ultimate-warrior_2008.jpg

Written By: Bobby on 02/02/13 at 9:09 am

Ultimate Warrior wasn't the best wrestler in the world but he was never meant to be. He was just a force that went nuts and had some great matches with people who could carry him (like 'Ravashing' Rick Rude and 'Machoman' Randy Savage).

From what I understand, Bret Hart was billed around 6'/6'1 and this was back in the day the WWF used to exaggerate wrestler's statistics. He may have been a bit shorter.

Ultimate Warrior did try to wrestle a match recently in a house show against Orlando Bloom. The story goes Warrior concentrated so much on his weights he didn't do his cardiovascular work so when he ran down the aisle, he got exhausted a minute into the match...Really sad. From Warrior's past history, the promoters must have paid a huge amount of money to get him back in the ring.

Written By: warped on 02/02/13 at 9:26 am

Ultimate Warrior wasn't the best wrestler in the world but he was never meant to be. He was just a force that went nuts and had some great matches with people who could carry him (like 'Ravashing' Rick Rude and 'Machoman' Randy Savage).

From what I understand, Bret Hart was billed around 6'/6'1 and this was back in the day the WWF used to exaggerate wrestler's statistics. He may have been a bit shorter.

Ultimate Warrior did try to wrestle a match recently in a house show against Orlando Bloom. The story goes Warrior concentrated so much on his weights he didn't do his cardiovascular work so when he ran down the aisle, he got exhausted a minute into the match...Really sad. From Warrior's past history, the promoters must have paid a huge amount of money to get him back in the ring.

I'd say Brett Hart is about 6 feet tall at most. The ultimate warrior was exciting to watch, not the best wrestler, but loads of energy inside of him. My favorite wrestler was the Macho man and the best match I ever saw was when Macho Man fought Ricky Steamboat back in an early Wrestlemania, and the match went on for a long time.

Written By: Howard on 02/02/13 at 7:56 pm

I mean c'mon UW is 55 his glory days are over, he doesn't have it anymore!

Written By: Bobby on 02/03/13 at 7:02 pm

I'd say Brett Hart is about 6 feet tall at most. The ultimate warrior was exciting to watch, not the best wrestler, but loads of energy inside of him. My favorite wrestler was the Macho man and the best match I ever saw was when Macho Man fought Ricky Steamboat back in an early Wrestlemania, and the match went on for a long time.

Yes, it was the Intercontinental title match at Wrestlemania 3 (1987). It was just under 15 minutes long but it was so intense and the pacing was so right that it felt more epic than the time implies.

Some say Ricky Steamboat vs 'Machoman' Randy Savage at Wrestlemania 3 is the most over-hyped match in WWF/E history but that criticism comes mainly from people too young to really appreciate it. That match was the main reason I became a wrestling fan.  :)

Written By: Howard on 02/04/13 at 6:57 am

Yes, it was the Intercontinental title match at Wrestlemania 3 (1987). It was just under 15 minutes long but it was so intense and the pacing was so right that it felt more epic than the time implies.

Some say Ricky Steamboat vs 'Machoman' Randy Savage at Wrestlemania 3 is the most over-hyped match in WWF/E history but that criticism comes mainly from people too young to really appreciate it. That match was the main reason I became a wrestling fan.  :)

It's too bad they didn't have a re-match after that.

Written By: warped on 02/04/13 at 7:38 am

I became a wresling fan in...oh, probably 1970 or 1971. Watching a very young Andre the Giant, Killer Kowalski, Mad Dog Vachon, Sailor White, Abdullah the Butcher, Tarzan (the boot) Tyler, Edouard Carpentier and others.

Written By: Bobby on 02/04/13 at 4:50 pm

I became a wresling fan in...oh, probably 1970 or 1971. Watching a very young Andre the Giant, Killer Kowalski, Mad Dog Vachon, Sailor White, Abdullah the Butcher, Tarzan (the boot) Tyler, Edouard Carpentier and others.

Wow! Never watched it that far back (though I was born in 1979  ;D). It would have been great watching Bruno Sammartino and Gorilla Monsoon. I watched British wrestling up until it finished around 1988. Hardly the same thing though. British wrestling had rounds and didn't feature turnbuckles but a boxing-ring type layout. For better or worse, it still tried to sell wrestling as a legitimate sport rather than entertainment.

Written By: warped on 02/04/13 at 5:49 pm

Wow! Never watched it that far back (though I was born in 1979  ;D). It would have been great watching Bruno Sammartino and Gorilla Monsoon. I watched British wrestling up until it finished around 1988. Hardly the same thing though. British wrestling had rounds and didn't feature turnbuckles but a boxing-ring type layout. For better or worse, it still tried to sell wrestling as a legitimate sport rather than entertainment.

I did watch Bruno Sammartino, a very young Dino Bravo, a really very young Rick Martel too, and ( I think the Rougeau Brothers's dad or uncle) Johnny Rougeau.

Written By: Howard on 02/04/13 at 7:46 pm

Do you watch today's wrestling? Do you know who the world heavyweight champion is?

Written By: Howard on 02/04/13 at 7:47 pm

I did watch Bruno Sammartino, a very young Dino Bravo, a really very young Rick Martel too, and ( I think the Rougeau Brothers's dad or uncle) Johnny Rougeau.

remember when Rick Martel changed his gimmick to "The Model"?

Written By: warped on 02/04/13 at 7:50 pm

Do you watch today's wrestling? Do you know who the world heavyweight champion is?

No, and no. I stopped watching wrestling in the mid to late 1990s.

Written By: Howard on 02/04/13 at 8:26 pm

No, and no. I stopped watching wrestling in the mid to late 1990s.

http://bandbent.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/alberto_del_rio_2012cutbyjibunjishin11.jpg

Alberto Del Rio

Written By: Bobby on 02/04/13 at 9:20 pm

Very cool. I understand Dino Bravo and Rick Martel were one-time main eventers at the AWA promotion. I would love to watch more of that stuff. AWA basically had the WWF wrestlers before the WWF did (Hulk Hogan, 'Mr Perfect' Curt Hennig, The Rockers (were called 'Midnight Rocker' in AWA), The Nasty Boys, 'Mean' Gene Okerlund, 'Jumping' Jim Brunzell, Dino Bravo, Rick Martel...).

If Verne Gagne was as cut-throat as Vince McMahon Jnr, the AWA could have been the promotion to beat not the WWF. In my opinion, Vince was very lucky that each promotion had a very strict territory agreement he could mercilessly trample all over. Cue 'Black Saturday' (Saturday 14th July 1984) and the imminent birth of PPV promotion...

Personally, I can't stand Dino Bravo. How he managed to last 5 years in the WWF doing nothing of importance amazes me.

Written By: Howard on 02/05/13 at 6:55 am

Personally, I can't stand Dino Bravo. How he managed to last 5 years in the WWF doing nothing of importance amazes me.

Well he did team with The Natural Disaster Earthquake between 1989 and most of 1990.

http://chaddukeswrestlingshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/earthquake.jpg

Written By: warped on 02/05/13 at 7:42 am

I remember all thos guys. Yeah Dino Bravo was pretty useless..just like the Honky Tonk Man.

Written By: Howard on 02/05/13 at 3:21 pm

I remember all thos guys. Yeah Dino Bravo was pretty useless..just like the Honky Tonk Man.

Honky Tonk Man did capture the Intercontinental Championship in 1988.

Written By: warped on 02/05/13 at 9:15 pm

Honky Tonk Man did capture the Intercontinental Championship in 1988.

I remember that, but honestly he was pretty useless.

Written By: Howard on 02/06/13 at 7:22 am

I remember that, but honestly he was pretty useless.

He was used probably for squash matches afterwards.

Check for new replies or respond here...