inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Greetings, Peasants.

Written By: Jessica on 04/27/14 at 7:37 pm

I'm back again.

Several things have changed since 2012, so you may luck out with how much I post.

I have a job now.  Finally.  I work at a pretty awesome museum on the South Side of Chicago.  Been there for about a year.  If you're from this area, you probably know which one I'm talking about.  Since I am working, my time is divided between keeping everything together around this place, working, and helping raise the Boy.

Rice Cube did graduate with his PhD and is now a teacher.  The hours are long and tiring, but he's pretty kickass about it all.  I couldn't do that, because I'd wind up murdering the little bastards before the day ended.  He has the patience of a saint, though, so more power to him.

Yeah, Rice Cube and I are still married.  Scary.

I'm not sure why I came back.  Maybe I felt bad because this was the place where a lot of my real life came together, and I hate to see it drowning in suck and whining.

Or maybe I'm just a shyt stirrer.  You decide.

Subject: Re: Greetings, Peasants.

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/27/14 at 11:14 pm

Several things have changed since 2012, so you may luck out with how much I post.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pohCPj-jjGM/T6gkJJ45lOI/AAAAAAAAEVQ/WdXwuqm9Rco/s640/year_zero.jpg

Mmm3KTa601s

adg6iEz3-Ow

A scouting craft soon entered our solar system. It detected several broadcast signals, and routed the strongest one (WABC-TV in New York) to a distant team of anthropologists — who then found themselves watching a first-run episode of the hit sitcom Welcome Back, Kotter (the one in which Arnold Horshack joins a zany youth cult).

Before I get into what happened next, I should mention that music is the most cherished of the forty so-called Noble Arts that Refined beings revere and dedicate their lives to. It is indeed viewed as being many times Nobler than the other thirty-nine Arts combined. And remember — their music sucks.

The first alien Kotter watchers initially doubted that we had music at all, because everything about the show screamed that we were cultural and aesthetic dunderheads. Primitive sight gags made them groan. Sloppy editing made them chuckle. Wardrobe choices practically made them wretch.

And then, it happened.

The show ended. The credits rolled, and the theme music began. And suddenly, the brainless brutes that they’d been pitying were beaming out the greatest creative achievement that the wider universe had ever witnessed.

Welcome back, Welcome back, Welcome back. On Earth, these lyrics were a humble cue to hit the bathroom before What’s Happening!! came on. But everywhere else, they were the core of an opus so sublime that the Refined League reset its calendars to start counting time from the moment it was first detected. And so, October 13, 1977; 8:29 p.m. EST became the dawning moment of Year Zero to the rest of the universe.

1976?  2004?  2012?  2014?  It's Year Zero inthe00s.  Welcome back.

Written By: Howard on 04/28/14 at 7:06 am

Welcome Back Jessica. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/28/14 at 10:48 am

Welcome back!

Written By: warped on 04/28/14 at 3:48 pm

Hey..

Been reading all your health issues on fb...sucks.  But welcome back...whether it's a long or short stay...
The boards miss the spice you add

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRDivUb5EeA

Written By: Jessica on 04/28/14 at 4:13 pm

Thank you thank you!  I owe so many people karma for the welcome back stuff.

I'll smite you all later though. ;D

Written By: Henk on 04/28/14 at 4:16 pm

Welcome back from me as well, although I've never had the feeling you were gone, with FB and all.

Written By: warped on 04/28/14 at 4:18 pm

I remember when you used to go on a "smite-a-thon" and smite like 50 people..  ;D ;D
Wonder if you have the guts to do it again  :P :P :P :P :P

do it...but if I ain't included in the fudge, you will have to suffer karma from me

Written By: 2kidsami on 04/28/14 at 6:58 pm

You have been missed!  But I still get to lather in the froth of your awesomeness and that is a good thing! 

Written By: Dagwood on 04/28/14 at 10:35 pm

Woohoo!  I miss the smite bombings.  Heck, I think that's where most of mine came from. ;D

Written By: nally on 04/28/14 at 10:59 pm

Welcome back, Jess! Glad to hear you and the hubby are doing ok.

Subject: Re: Greetings, Pheasants.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/03/14 at 12:20 pm

Aw, hell no.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-yjw4HqGzNFA/UyWV-obqmII/AAAAAAAAI8g/eznskA7aahs/s1600/PheasantsForever.gif

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/03/14 at 12:22 pm

Welcome back.

Cat

Written By: KatanaChick on 05/18/14 at 6:17 am

I'm still new and don't know you of course, but greetings then! Welcome back.  ;D

Written By: Jessica on 05/20/14 at 7:05 pm

Aw, hell no.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-yjw4HqGzNFA/UyWV-obqmII/AAAAAAAAI8g/eznskA7aahs/s1600/PheasantsForever.gif

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_VKnlNvwbGMM/TOKLX69HIYI/AAAAAAAACjo/81pp6Z8-iBo/s1600/Pheasant.gif

Written By: Jessica on 05/20/14 at 7:07 pm

I'm still new and don't know you of course, but greetings then! Welcome back.  ;D 

You'll get to know me.  I've been here off and on since 1999, usually causing trouble. :D

Thanks for the welcome back, gang.  I'll probably be here less since the busy season is upon us at the museum.  Hopefully it's busy.  I need the money. ;D

Written By: KatanaChick on 05/22/14 at 7:34 am

You'll get to know me.  I've been here off and on since 1999, usually causing trouble. :D

Thanks for the welcome back, gang.  I'll probably be here less since the busy season is upon us at the museum.  Hopefully it's busy.  I need the money. ;D

1999? I didn't even know this place existed then!

Written By: Howard on 05/22/14 at 10:36 am

1999? I didn't even know this place existed then!

It's been around for 16 years.

Written By: Bobby on 07/29/14 at 9:35 am

Hiya Jessica.  :)

Welcome back to the boards, I've missed your great sense of humour.

Brilliant to hear Rice has graduated and become a teacher.  8)

Check for new replies or respond here...