inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hey all

Written By: YuYuYuuki on 02/18/18 at 6:03 pm

I'm Kanako, Yuuki's cousin. I'm sad to let you know that Yuuki died of lung cancer a few weeks ago. This followed her mom's death. Before she passed, Yuuki lent me her social media account info just in case I ever wanted to use her account. I'm normally too lazy to make an account myself.

I was born in 1990 in Philly to a Japanese mom and an American daddy and I grew up with a Genesis and a strange computer my mom gave to my dad before they had me called a PC-98. When I'd go to Japan to visit family or my dad took us for his business, I'd stop at shops and buy game disks for the PC-98. I had Castlevania, Spelunky, Policenauts, Yu-No, and Touhou. I was one of the first Touhou fans in America thanks to this and I got my friend into it so there's that lol :D ;D

In 2005 I moved to San Francisco cause reasons unknown and I don't have my PC-98 anymore, we probably sold it off. Yuuki would come up a few times for family gatherings but now she and her mom are in heaven so only Mr. Takemoto will attend our reunion this year.

Right now I'm trying to beat a game I beat in childhood: Seihou. More specifically Shuusou Gyoku. Also, I have IBS. :-[

Subject: Re: Hey all

Written By: piecesof93 on 02/18/18 at 8:15 pm

Welcome to the board!

I'm very sorry for your loss. It's still so recent.

Written By: annimal on 02/18/18 at 11:26 pm

bummer loss

Written By: Howard on 02/19/18 at 5:45 am

Welcome to the boards. :)

Written By: 2001 on 02/19/18 at 10:11 am

She was so young, that is really sad to hear. I didn't get to know her too well but she sounded like a very interesting, unique and kind person. My condolences to you and your family. You lost her mother too? This must have been a really bad year.  :\'(

Welcome to the boards nonetheless. Hopefully with some of her old posts and some of your posts we can have some recollection of her life. RIP Yuuki.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/19/18 at 10:20 am

Sorry to hear this news.

Welcome to the boards.

Written By: nally on 02/19/18 at 11:38 am

Hello there... just read your post and I'm sorry to hear of your loss. :\'(

Subject: Hey all

Written By: Dude111 on 02/19/18 at 8:16 pm

Welcome ashore!!!!!

I hope ya like it here :)

Written By: Balty Raven on 03/31/18 at 8:12 pm

I can't believe Yuuki just passed away. She used to be so young and was vibrant towards our community. I'm sorry for your cousin's loss, Kanako.

Written By: YuYuYuuki on 05/05/18 at 1:06 pm

I can't believe Yuuki just passed away. She used to be so young and was vibrant towards our community. I'm sorry for your cousin's loss, Kanako.

yeah I remember looking at her old posts they'd go as follows: swayzak, spongebob, ZOOM, kirby, pbs, new york, "hey i remember this," toonami, swayzak

roflmao

Written By: mqg96 on 06/04/18 at 9:45 pm

I'm Kanako, Yuuki's cousin. I'm sad to let you know that Yuuki died of lung cancer a few weeks ago. This followed her mom's death. Before she passed, Yuuki lent me her social media account info just in case I ever wanted to use her account. I'm normally too lazy to make an account myself.

I was born in 1990 in Philly to a Japanese mom and an American daddy and I grew up with a Genesis and a strange computer my mom gave to my dad before they had me called a PC-98. When I'd go to Japan to visit family or my dad took us for his business, I'd stop at shops and buy game disks for the PC-98. I had Castlevania, Spelunky, Policenauts, Yu-No, and Touhou. I was one of the first Touhou fans in America thanks to this and I got my friend into it so there's that lol :D ;D

In 2005 I moved to San Francisco cause reasons unknown and I don't have my PC-98 anymore, we probably sold it off. Yuuki would come up a few times for family gatherings but now she and her mom are in heaven so only Mr. Takemoto will attend our reunion this year.

Right now I'm trying to beat a game I beat in childhood: Seihou. More specifically Shuusou Gyoku. Also, I have IBS. :-[

No wonder the posts were different.  :\'(

Rest In Peace! She was short lived on this site!

Written By: YuYuYuuki on 08/07/18 at 9:24 pm

Here are some photos of ms. Takemoto

http://imgur.com/a/sTEmNf2

The first was the vacation to seattle she took in 2016
Second and third are from the local carnival she and her roommate went to in late summer 2017

:\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...