inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Greetings!

Written By: TURN OF THE MILLENNIUM on 10/22/18 at 3:30 pm

Greetings everyone!

Brand new to this place here!

I stumbled upon it on Google while browsing various subjects related to nostalgia & the past, & eventually decided that this may be a decent place to relate to such!

I tend to be a very nostalgic fellow myself.

Sometimes it’s mild thoughts, yet sometimes it can get so intense that I find myself running at full pace down the street with tears down my cheeks late at night while falling asleep in bed!

I was born in the mid-90’s so am primarily a 2000’s kid (yes, I’m a stupid post-millennial aren’t I?) with a splash of 90’s, so that’s likely what I’d specialize in here.

I have particular interests in history, science, health, psychology, philosophy, art, lifestyle, survival (wilderness, urban, lifestyle, etc.), nostalgia of course, & a general thirst for knowledge overall, a big believer in the phrase ‘knowledge is power’.

I’d also describe myself as philanthropic.
I’m deeply passionate about helping all beings in need & making this world a better place for all to come.

I’m also trying to promote appreciation for the fact that we’re living in an extraordinary moment right now, the turn of not only a century, but a millennium!
Just think about how many people get to experience the turn of a millennium?
Proportinately very few wouldn’t you say?
Right now we’re living at the turn of the Second & Third Millenniums A.D or C.E, about two thousand years after Jesus, based on the pre-existing Roman calendar.
& now it’s nearly two decades since the turn of the millennium, & its only going to increase!
Our awe for this turn of the millennium may turn out to be rather ethno-centric however.
For instance, Buddhist calendars are based at various times within half-a-millennium prior to our Gregorian Calendar, & Islamic calendars are based within half-a-millennium forward of our Gregorian Calendar, each depending on the specific calendar respectively.
Still, wouldn’t you say that these events are relatively near each other historically, within an approximately 2,000 year timeframe? Should that suggest that we may be special somehow?

Well, I look forward to sharing nostalgia & getting to know y’all!

Have a great day!

... If it’s not going well, try to do what you can to improve it & hang in there!

Subject: Re: Greetings!

Written By: nally on 10/22/18 at 3:31 pm

Hello and welcome.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/22/18 at 3:32 pm

Hi!

Welcome to the boards.

Written By: violet_shy on 10/22/18 at 4:13 pm

Welcome to inthe00s! Have fun!  :)

Written By: Howard on 10/23/18 at 7:39 am

Welcome To The Boards. :)

Subject: Greetings!

Written By: Dude111 on 10/23/18 at 12:16 pm

Welcome ashore :)

Check for new replies or respond here...