inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Brown Derby Restaurant

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/12/04 at 10:56 am

I'm pretty sure it's in the Dragnet movie with Tom Hanks and Dan Akroyd... does anyone know which Derby it is?

Subject: Re: Brown Derby Restaurant

Written By: nally on 01/30/06 at 6:19 pm

mmm...nope. :-\\

Are you sure the famed Hollywood locale is gone now?

Written By: Watcher29 on 02/14/06 at 7:50 am

Demolished in 1994, unfortunately. Although there still is one at MGM Studios.

Written By: nally on 02/14/06 at 12:03 pm

Wow... I didn't even know it's been gone that long. :( :\'(

Written By: Gary on 10/21/07 at 12:46 am

I'm pretty sure it's in the Dragnet movie with Tom Hanks and Dan Akroyd... does anyone know which Derby it is?

It was in the Dragnet movie with Tom Hanks and Dan Akroyd. The location was the north west corner of Hollywood and Vine.  The Brown Derby relocated there for a short time after the location on Vine Street (just south of Hollywood Blvd.) closed.  The owner at that time was Walter Scharfe.  I have exterior photos of the building.

Written By: nally on 10/21/07 at 10:27 am

It was in the Dragnet movie with Tom Hanks and Dan Akroyd. The location was the north west corner of Hollywood and Vine.  The Brown Derby relocated there for a short time after the location on Vine Street (just south of Hollywood Blvd.) closed.  The owner at that time was Walter Scharfe.  I have exterior photos of the building.

You do? Can they be displayed on this thread?

Check for new replies or respond here...