inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: U.F.O.'s Other worlds with more intelligent life. Who believes?

Written By: Heavymetal on 07/24/04 at 5:53 pm

I do.

Subject: Re: U.F.O.'s Other worlds with more intelligent life. Who believes?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/24/04 at 6:41 pm

I think that it's ridiculous to belive that we are all alone.... ???

Written By: AstringOfPoloponie on 07/24/04 at 7:44 pm

I haven't seen, but I believe. ;)

Written By: zcrito on 07/24/04 at 8:51 pm

Good question Heavy.

I believe there are many other planets in this universe that have intelligent life just like Earth. But I don't believe they have, can, or ever will visit us, or us them.  :(

It's a very big universe. The distances between things are just too great.  :-\\

;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/24/04 at 8:54 pm

Spend a while in Sante Fe, New Mexico and doubters may change thier view :-X

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/24/04 at 11:31 pm

Good question Heavy.

I believe there are many other planets in this universe that have intelligent life just like Earth. But I don't believe they have, can, or ever will visit us, or us them.  :(

It's a very big universe. The distances between things are just too great.  :-\\

;)

I agree.  I believe it is mathematically probable that there are other "intelligent" life forms in the universe.  At the same time the number of star systems is incalculable and the distances are nearly infinite, thus it is also mathematically improbable that we'll ever contact or be contacted by these other worlds. 

On the other hand, I have long suspected other worlds know all about us and just avoid us like a bad neighborhood!

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 07/25/04 at 2:35 am

I thoroughly believe that out there in all that space there is more intelligent and less intelligent life.

I also believe that some have indeed visited earth over the centuries/millenniums.

Written By: Bobby on 07/25/04 at 6:48 am

I'm not too sure. I would like to believe there is more out there than us - I'm more inclined to call it science fiction until something happens.

Written By: Powerslave on 07/25/04 at 8:01 am

Of course there is life elsewhere in the universe. It's inconceivable that life only developed on one planet amongst the billions of star systems throughout the universe. I have serious doubts about any of that life having visited Earth however, and if it has, I seroiusly doubt that such intelligent beings would have wasted the opportunity by doodling on wheat fields or playing chicken with fighter planes. If we ever are visited by extra-terrestrials, we'll know about it.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 07/25/04 at 10:59 am

i firmly believe that life exists elsewhere in the galaxy. intelligent life. but i have a hard time accepting the existance of UFOs. 99% of all reported sightings can be rationally explained. if aliens do come to this planet, i don't think they would interfere like the way UFOs do. they would observe us and will only make their presence known when the time is right.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 07/25/04 at 4:55 pm

Don't really know.  Its possible that thier is other living beings, and its also possible that thier is NOT.  Who cares (to be blunt.)

Written By: philbo on 07/25/04 at 5:10 pm

Other life?  Overwhelmingly likely
More intelligent life?  Who knows.. though after reading the previous post, I should think there probably is.  To quote Eric Idle: "And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'cause there's bugger all down here on Earth"

..unless they're all just teasers, of course... who like nothing better than to cruise around looking for planets that haven't made interstellar contact yet and buzz them

Written By: Bobby on 07/25/04 at 5:37 pm

Don't really know.  Its possible that thier is other living beings, and its also possible that thier is NOT.  Who cares (to be blunt.)

Lol.  ;D

Written By: AL-B on 07/25/04 at 6:01 pm

UFO's are big rigs

That come from outer space

Stoppin' off at the truckstop Earth

Lookin' for some food to eat

Can't get no beanie weenies

Out past the great unknown

UFO's are big rigs far from home

--Mojo Nixon, UFO's, Big Rigs, and BBQ

;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/25/04 at 6:26 pm

Beam me up, Scotty. There is no intellegent life here.  ;)

I would say that it is very possible for there to be life-even intellegent life somewhere out there. As for U.F.O.s, I have never seen one and basically seeing is believing. I am not dismissing the possibility, I'm just saying that I haven't seen proof of it.

Cat

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 07/25/04 at 7:16 pm

I believe.  Unless someone can prove otherwise, I have no doubt in my mind that there is other life "out there".  I also believe they have already visited Earth on SEVERAL occasions. ;) :P

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/25/04 at 7:30 pm

I believe.  Unless someone can prove otherwise, I have no doubt in my mind that there is other life "out there".  I also believe they have already visited Earth on SEVERAL occasions. ;) :P
I absolutely agree, Cat :)

Written By: GWBush2004 on 07/25/04 at 7:43 pm

I absolutely agree, Cat :)

Don't you mean PopCultureGirl?

I'm not saying thier isn't life on other planets, i'm just saying this is a question that no one can be any more then 50% sure of.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/25/04 at 8:32 pm

Don't you mean PopCultureGirl?

I'm not saying thier isn't life on other planets, i'm just saying this is a question that no one can be any more then 50% sure of.
Actually I meant I agreed with both of thier statements....I haven't figured out how to show quotes from more than one person though :-[

Written By: zcrito on 07/25/04 at 8:40 pm

...I seroiusly doubt that such intelligent beings would have wasted the opportunity by doodling on wheat fields or playing chicken with fighter planes. If we ever are visited by extra-terrestrials, we'll know about it.

Good point, Power.  ;)

I remember several years ago a magazine had an article on the best UFO pictures made in the last 50 years.

Some things struck me as odd. The UFOs in the pictures seem to change with the times. Much like our autos, the "styles" of the UFOs seem to match the decade when the picture was taken. UFOs in pictures taken after 1977's "Close Encounters" and "Star Wars" movies looked different than those of the '50s and '60s. And one UFO in a photo taken in Italy had a nice Ferrari look about it. Hmmmm...very odd.

Maybe alien beings crank out space ships the way we do cars? Or maybe the UFOs in the photos were a product of somebody a little closer?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/26/04 at 1:07 am

Other life?  Overwhelmingly likely
More intelligent life?  Who knows.. though after reading the previous post, I should think there probably is.  To quote Eric Idle: "And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'cause there's bugger all down here on Earth"

..unless they're all just teasers, of course... who like nothing better than to cruise around looking for planets that haven't made interstellar contact yet and buzz them

Thanks, Bobby.  It always warms my heart when someone quotes Monty Python.  Well, not always.  Not when they're showing "The Holy Grail" at one of the indi-theaters and all the D&D-Sci-Fi club geeks are shouting out the linese before they happen!
:P

Anyway, back to UFOs.  I saw one once when I was about seven, but I've concluded it was a weather balloon.

I personally know a lady who believes she was given a tubal ligation by extraterrestrials.  They did that to her on one of her abductions.  She also has seen extraterrestrials many times since she was nine.  She's seen them in the basement, in the closet, in her bedroom, behind the shrubs.  They talk to her sometimes, but mostly they're looking for her brother.  Yeah, her older brother is also an extraterrestrial morphed into human form.

Other than that, she's perfectly normal!

Written By: Jessica on 07/26/04 at 2:10 pm

< http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons6/60.gif

Seriously, yes there are aliens, yes they are more intelligent than us, and yes they have made contact with us. The problem is most people think that you're a crackpot if you talk about seeing something weird like a UFO. That and the fact that the men in black suits will start watching you. ;D

Written By: Bobby on 07/26/04 at 4:30 pm

Thanks, Bobby.  It always warms my heart when someone quotes Monty Python.  Well, not always.  Not when they're showing "The Holy Grail" at one of the indi-theaters and all the D&D-Sci-Fi club geeks are shouting out the linese before they happen!
:P

Sorry Max, Philbo was the clever one with the quote. :D

Written By: Alicia on 07/26/04 at 6:30 pm

I blieve their are things from another place. We cant be the ONLY people in the HUGE universe.  Maybe theres a couple of worlds out there somewith life beginning like we did, and some that are more into the future and advanced than we are some maybe even on the same level

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/26/04 at 6:38 pm

How's this for a seniero? What if there are "beings" from "somewhere else" but they are living among us-as our neighbors? I know, I know, this is a good time for a crack about how crazy some neighbors are-but I am serious. What if they are taking a "emersed" course in human. That is the best way to study people-live with them. Thoughts?

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/26/04 at 6:43 pm

Sorry Max, Philbo was the clever one with the quote. :D

Eh, you Limeys are all alike, can't tell ya apart!
;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/26/04 at 6:50 pm

What is it about this thread? No one can tell anyone apart.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 07/26/04 at 7:08 pm

Eh, you Limeys are all alike, can't tell ya apart!
;D

;D

Written By: Dagwood on 07/26/04 at 7:40 pm

How's this for a seniero? What if there are "beings" from "somewhere else" but they are living among us-as our neighbors? I know, I know, this is a good time for a crack about how crazy some neighbors are-but I am serious. What if they are taking a "emersed" course in human. That is the best way to study people-live with them. Thoughts?

Cat

Sounds like the plot of Coneheads. :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/26/04 at 7:53 pm

Sounds like the plot of Coneheads. :D

Yeah it does, doesn't it. Only, I can't help it if anyone who knew the coneheads couldn't notice something "strange" about them. lol

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 07/26/04 at 9:32 pm

You got a point, Cat. ;D

Written By: Jessica on 07/27/04 at 1:41 pm

And put you in your own nice, little, tight white suit ;) :D

;D

Written By: zcrito on 08/01/04 at 3:05 pm

A CNN special that will air Sunday, August 8th, at 8PM.

"Is Anybody Out There?"

http://www.turnerinfo.com/newsitem.aspx?P=CNN&CID01=4d1ffd05-d8d8-47df-978d-0b50df810470

also...

http://www.cnn.com/2000/books/reviews/07/28/review.rareearth/

:)

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/12/05 at 2:46 am

I don't think all ETs hail from Outer Space.  I think Elves were originally ETs who became reinvented as fairies as history passed.

Written By: Rodog on 03/12/05 at 11:34 am

What about this thought, I believe that there are other forms of intelligent life not only in this universe but outside of it too or in some other dimensions which may or may not be within the known universe. I think that there are ways to travel to these other dimension that we may not know of yet and as far as traveling in the universe, its so vast, not sure when we will figure that one out...

Written By: Spirit of 76 on 03/15/08 at 3:27 pm

Yes because UFO means only Unidentified Flying Object. Whether a light in the night sky is a Alien Spacecraft or it is a Boeing 727, if you don't know what it is, you don't know what it is!

Check for new replies or respond here...