inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does the Squad 51 station from "Emergency" still exist..or was it even real?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/07/04 at 7:23 pm

Does the famous Squad 51 station from "Emergency" still exist,or was it just a set....also was 'Rampart' a real hospital or was the hospital just a set....I mean the EXTERIOR..

Subject: Re: Does the Squad 51 station from "Emergency" still exist..or was it even real?

Written By: nightrocker on 10/30/04 at 12:02 am

I don't know about the fire station it looked real,however I had a Aunt that lived out in the LA part if that state ! and I was watching Emergency one day, and she was a nurse..she told me Rampart was a real place but they used a place not too far from there becaues it was to busy to make a tv show there , good show

Subject: Re: Does the Squad 51 station from "Emergency" still exist..or was it even real?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 01/29/05 at 6:51 pm

I don't know about the fire station it looked real,however I had a Aunt that lived out in the LA part if that state ! and I was watching Emergency one day, and she was a nurse..she told me Rampart was a real place but they used a place not too far from there becaues it was to busy to make a tv show there , good show
Thanx.

Written By: gmonster71 on 06/03/05 at 11:59 pm

Actually it does still exist, its in Carson Ca. I believe it was actually station 27 or 25, but I believe 27. ???

Written By: Rannots on 03/12/06 at 2:04 am

Actually the firestation that was used in that tv show is station 127 of the los angles county fire department.Carson California and is still in operation today. That station was renamed the Robert Cinadar Firestation in honor of the producer who did so much to promote the paramedic profession. All that was filmed at that place was exterior shots and shots of the vehicles as they were pulling out of and backing into  the station. On another note there actually is a Los Angels County Fire Department station 51 the department put that one on the grounds of Universal studios and it does contain an engine and paramedic unit. As far as I  know station 127 does not have paramedics. 

Written By: Rannots on 03/12/06 at 2:20 am

As for the hospital that was supposed to be Rampart General is actually Harbor UCLA Medical Center and from pictures i have seen none of the exteriors as seen on the tv show exist anymore.  Except for the main tower it still has remnants of the old exterior.  Please pm me if you wish to see shots of the fire station and hospital.

Written By: Allie Fox on 05/01/06 at 1:54 pm

Fire Station 51 is in real life Los Angeles County Fire Station 127 located at 2049 E. 223rd Street in Carson. The station is still in service with little change.

The Harbor UCLA Medical Center served as Rampart Emergency Hospital in the series. The hospital is located in Torrance, California. 1000 West Carson Street.

Written By: Dude111 on 09/24/08 at 1:59 pm

I love that show and watch it whenever i can!!

I wonder if any of those guys ARE REALLY FIREFIGHTERS :)

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/26/08 at 2:49 pm

We have RTN Retro tv network and they show it everyday, and we tivo it everyday. They just got through showing the Emergency movies (They were God awful), then the final episode. Then they started it all over again yeah.. Gimme my Gage and Desoto. Rescue me, please

Written By: Dude111 on 09/28/08 at 3:52 am

I havent ever seen the final episode (Havent seen the 1st one either for that matter)

Check for new replies or respond here...