inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: So I'm bored...

Written By: Jessica on 10/11/04 at 4:08 pm

...And I'm going to post this. First off, let me say I'm a firm believer in paranormal activities. That may sound nutty, but I've had too many strange things happen to me in my life to let it go. Anyways, I usually go to this website called http://www.ghoststudy.com and look at the pictures people submit. I was struck by this one today and how it scared the cr*p out of me. Mind you, I don't scare easily, but this picture just freaked me out.

Some background:
I'm sure most of you are familiar with the story of what happened in Amityville, New York. If not, go here: Ronald DeFeo, Jr.

Then you have the story of George and Kathy Lutz and how they were tormented in this house after they moved in...and that turned out to be fiction, right? It was all a story made up by Jay Anson, right? Sorta like the Blair Witch Project. Maybe not. Apparently, George Lutz caught this little thing on film:

http://www.ghoststudy.com/monthly/oct04/deadboy2.jpg

And a close up:

http://www.ghoststudy.com/monthly/oct04/deadboy03.jpg

They think it might be the ghost of the littlest DeFeo, seen on the right in this picture:

http://www.ghoststudy.com/monthly/oct04/boysandghost20.jpg

Subject: Re: So I'm bored...

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/11/04 at 5:22 pm

It looks more like the one on the left to me....BTW, are YOU gonna call ME and talk me through the night? 'Cause I DON'T think I'll be able to sleep! http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-006.gif

Written By: sputnikcorp on 10/11/04 at 5:43 pm

nice. probably fake but still hair raising. i'll show the site to my gf, she loves ghosts...

Written By: Bobby on 10/11/04 at 5:49 pm

Hmm! I'm agreeing with RockandRollFan. To me, it does look like the one on the left.

Scarey photo nonetheless.  ???

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/11/04 at 5:52 pm

Hmm! I'm agreeing with RockandRollFan. To me, it does look like the one on the left.

Scarey photo nonetheless.  ???
Thanks, Bobby....maybe YOU should call me! I haven't been this scared since watching the Excorcist alone when I was 14 :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/11/04 at 5:55 pm

Oh, I thought you were gonna say
"...with the U.S.A."

As in the Sex Pistols, y'know?  Oh, that's "I'm so bored with the U.S.A.," not "So I'm Bored..."
:-\\

Anyway, the whole Amityville haunting turned out to be totally bogus.  Not one part of it was true.  

It is true that the DeFeo kid murdered his family there in the early '70s, but none of the stuff in the book or the movie is.

I like that fake photo though, real creepy with those glowing eyes.

Written By: Dagwood on 10/11/04 at 6:24 pm

Anyway, the whole Amityville haunting turned out to be totally bogus.  Not one part of it was true. 

Really?  I hadn't heard that.  When was it all proven bogus?

Written By: Bobby on 10/11/04 at 6:56 pm

Thanks, Bobby....maybe YOU should call me! I haven't been this scared since watching the Excorcist alone when I was 14 :D

Heh heh. Call Ghostbusters . . . Too late, the photo's fake according to Maxwell.

Written By: Jessica on 10/11/04 at 7:32 pm

"...with the U.S.A."

As in the Sex Pistols, y'know?  Oh, that's "I'm so bored with the U.S.A.," not "So I'm Bored..."

;D

Anyway, the whole Amityville haunting turned out to be totally bogus.  Not one part of it was true.  

It is true that the DeFeo kid murdered his family there in the early '70s, but none of the stuff in the book or the movie is.

That's what I thought as well. It turns out that like 5% was true and 95% was a hoax. I have to say though that the movie scared the sh*t out of me. :P

Written By: Howard on 10/11/04 at 7:38 pm

What is that supposed to be a picture of anyway? ???

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/11/04 at 10:48 pm

;D

That's what I thought as well. It turns out that like 5% was true and 95% was a hoax. I have to say though that the movie scared the sh*t out of me. :P
So....you're NOT gonna call me??

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/11/04 at 10:49 pm

"...with the U.S.A."

I feel better now...thanks, Max ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/12/04 at 5:44 pm

What is that supposed to be a picture of anyway? ???

Howard

My ex-mother-in-law?  :-\\  Actually, my ex-MIL is scarier looking that that.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 10/12/04 at 6:27 pm

could be a cardboard cut out. ;D

Howard

Written By: Fred on 10/12/04 at 6:46 pm

I am a strong believer in paranormal activity as well. And that is just freaky.

So anyway, this picture is fake or not? I agree someone could have made that in Adobe Photoshop, but I think it does look real.

Check for new replies or respond here...