inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: E.S.P.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/08/06 at 12:37 pm

Anyone have any experience with E.S.P.? I have a touch of it and everytime it comes out, the one person who is totally shocked about it is ME! There have been many times when I would say something and someone would say, "I was just thinking about that" or "I was just going to ask you about that". Maybe I can "read minds" without knowing it. One time my step-daughter was visiting with her then-boyfriend and yes, I did it again. My step-daughter said, "I really hate when she does that" because apparently I do it ALL THE TIME without knowing. There was one time when I actually HEARD Carlos' thoughts. (I have HEARD one other person's thoughts too.) That was very freaky.

I also know things are going to happen before they happen-not always but sometimes. 

Anyone else?

Cat

Subject: Re: E.S.P.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/08/06 at 12:42 pm

I do that all the time, but I have a feeling it's just because I know how people's minds work, and I usually can tell how a prediciment will turn out, if I know the person well enough.

I also have predicted the future many times, but I think that's just luck.

I... er.. am good at keeping track of time without a clock, if that counts for anything (I can usually guess the time, and be off by a minute or four... )!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/08/06 at 12:47 pm

yes...I've had quite a few experiences with this.  A lot of the times, when the phone rings...I will already know who it is.  Also...let's say that I am getting ready to put a pile of clothes away and I go and grab hangers.....I ALWAYS grab just the right amount of hangers that I need to hang every item....without counting them.  Also, I know when someone has done something behind my back...and usually when I confront them...it turns out to be true. :o

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/08/06 at 12:55 pm

yes...I've had quite a few experiences with this.  A lot of the times, when the phone rings...I will already know who it is.  Also...let's say that I am getting ready to put a pile of clothes away and I go and grab hangers.....I ALWAYS grab just the right amount of hangers that I need to hang every item....without counting them.  Also, I know when someone has done something behind my back...and usually when I confront them...it turns out to be true. :o

The first you can figure out by knowing the person and their schedule, and what's happening between the two of you.

Second, if you see the clothes first, you can subconciously compare them with hangers, and figure it out... without knowing.

And the third is, well.. you can tell if somebody's acting different, not to say you don't have ESP, just... thinking of alternatives

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/08/06 at 12:58 pm

The first you can figure out by knowing the person and their schedule, and what's happening between the two of you.

Second, if you see the clothes first, you can subconciously compare them with hangers, and figure it out... without knowing.

And the third is, well.. you can tell if somebody's acting different, not to say you don't have ESP, just... thinking of alternatives

no, it's just happens way too much for it to be explainable.  The thing about the hangers....I never ever count the clothing....it's always in a big stack.  Then...I will go through Vaughn's closet and start to grab hangers that aren't in use (they are scattered throughout his closet)....I somehow always know when to stop grabbing for them. Then I start hanging the clothes on the hangers...and it is ALWAYS a perfect match.
As far as the thing about knowing if someone has betrayed me....no, it has nothing to do with them acting differently,etc. There have been times where Chris will be at work, and all of a sudden I will get this "feeling" and know that he has done something that I am not going to like...and I have been right every single time.  I am very good at discerning people, before ever really "knowing" them.

Written By: Tam on 06/08/06 at 3:34 pm

I have experiences with knowing who is calling on the phone, and I can finish other peoples sentences sometimes without even knowing the informaton.

I haven't heard others thoughts though. To me that woul dbe a little too freaky!

Another thing I can do is predict what's going to happen, whether it is a tv show, movies, or even sometimes the news.

When the whole story went down about Susan Smith (thanks Cat) having being carjacked, I said days before she was arrested that she was the one who did it and no one carjacked her. When it came out - I was floored!!!!

Written By: gemini on 06/08/06 at 5:33 pm

One of my best friends and I have known each other since we were 5 years old, that's 40 years. We don't get to see each other alot so we try to stay in touch by phone whenever we can. Almost everytime I'm thinking about calling her, she'll call me or vice versa. We always end up saying to each other, "I was just going to call you".  I guess it's just that bond that puts us in sync with each others thoughts or something.

Written By: CeeKay on 06/09/06 at 8:52 am

Yep, experiences like you guys have mentioned.  Some of these I put down to just being sensitive and understanding people, like MEAT says.  But others are definitely more mysterious.

So I've learned to really trust my gut.  What QUIRK says about knowing when people have done things -- and it's not just about knowing them because you can see the look on their face and read it.  Sometimes, I can walk into my house and KNOW that there's tension before I even see anyone.  Or, when I was married, my ex would pull his car into the garage and I could sense what his mood was going to be.  Very weird.

Sometimes it's a God thing (won't even try to explain that at this point) and sometimes it's just something unexplainable.

Written By: JohnDenver on 06/10/06 at 2:02 pm

I've had minimal E.S.P. happenings from time to time. Most of the time I will be thinking about someone I haven't talked to or seen in eyars, and that day I will run into them or they wll call... Or else someone will mention them in conversatiuon later in the day. What I wonder is... Am I influencing them, are they influencing me, or does E.S.P. sometimes work on a future-prediction basis?

Written By: lorac61469 on 06/12/06 at 9:18 pm

I think I also have a touch of it.  Usually I'll think of someone I haven't talked to or seen in a while and then next day I'll see them or they'll call.

I also think I'm psychically linked to my sister.  One day I was getting ready for work I grabbed a pair of pantyhose and put them on.  I got to work and looked down and decided they were too white (I needed off white for my outfit grabbed the wrong color).  So on my lunch break I bought a different pair and changed.

Later that day I called my sis (lives 500 miles away), asked her what she did that day and she told me she had to go to the store on her way to work because she had worn pantyhose that were too white and she wanted to get a different color.

Weird, huh??

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/13/06 at 11:14 am

As I mentioned in my first post that I have HEARD thoughts-loud and clear. Has anyone else experenced this?

Cat

Written By: JohnDenver on 06/14/06 at 6:38 pm

As I mentioned in my first post that I have HEARD thoughts-loud and clear. Has anyone else experenced this?

Cat

Yes... Once my Mom laughed at a joke before I told it... I asked her what she was laughing at, and she the realized that I hadn't said anything. And then I told the joke a second later. Freaky... (And the joke was original, BTW... I must have loud thoughts...)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/19/06 at 6:19 pm

The strangest thing happened today. We were sitting in the livingroom and all of a sudden Vaughn looks at my mom and goes, "grandma, your telephone is ringing".  And....then all of a sudden....her phone rings. :o :o  Coincidence..maybe....or maybe not. ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/19/06 at 6:22 pm

The strangest thing happened today. We were sitting in the livingroom and all of a sudden Vaughn looks at my mom and goes, "grandma, your telephone is ringing".  And....then all of a sudden....her phone rings. :o :o  Coincidence..maybe....or maybe not. ???

*Cue Theme for the Twilight Zone*

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/19/06 at 6:23 pm

*Cue Theme for the Twilight Zone*

Cat

seriously!!  I was like, "oh wow...that was really.....strange" :o

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/19/06 at 8:18 pm

=o, Toddlers have been known to predict earthquakes and rain.

Written By: La Roche on 08/19/06 at 8:27 pm

Actually, I can explain this.

I do the same thing all the time, it's to do with hearing.

When we're very young we can hear much higher frequencies than regular people can, but of course at that age you have no idea about it, you just hear what you hear.
Now in 99.9% of people, these higher frequencies will go away within the next few years, however, in a very small number of people (like me) they stay.

This is both a blessing and a curse.

I can hear things like the telephone, television, computer etc without them being on due to the electrical charge going to them.

I dare say Vaughn hear the charge going to the phone just before it rang.

Now, the reason this is a curse is bizare.

It's rare (and it freaks people out when I do it) but sometimes somewhere there will be a piece of machinery, electro-magnetic activity, electrical overload.. whatever.. anyway, I'll hear it and it will hurt like nothing you could ever imagine.

I was sitting in the living room at my mom and dad's house a couple of years ago and all of a sudden it started, I was on my knees on the floor screaming for them to turn off whatever it was that had been turned on.

Written By: karen on 09/13/06 at 8:35 am

Actually, I can explain this.

I do the same thing all the time, it's to do with hearing.

When we're very young we can hear much higher frequencies than regular people can, but of course at that age you have no idea about it, you just hear what you hear.
Now in 99.9% of people, these higher frequencies will go away within the next few years, however, in a very small number of people (like me) they stay.

This is both a blessing and a curse.

I can hear things like the telephone, television, computer etc without them being on due to the electrical charge going to them.

I dare say Vaughn hear the charge going to the phone just before it rang.

Now, the reason this is a curse is bizare.

It's rare (and it freaks people out when I do it) but sometimes somewhere there will be a piece of machinery, electro-magnetic activity, electrical overload.. whatever.. anyway, I'll hear it and it will hurt like nothing you could ever imagine.

I was sitting in the living room at my mom and dad's house a couple of years ago and all of a sudden it started, I was on my knees on the floor screaming for them to turn off whatever it was that had been turned on.

It sounds more like it's due to Electro-magnetic hypersensitivity in your case.

Written By: La Roche on 09/13/06 at 8:44 am

It sounds more like it's due to Electro-magnetic hypersensitivity in your case.

Maybe, I remember when it was explained to me there were lots of big words and acronyms that meant nothing to me.  ;D

Written By: karen on 09/13/06 at 8:51 am

Maybe, I remember when it was explained to me there were lots of big words and acronyms that meant nothing to me.  ;D

I remembered about this condition because someone on another messageboard mentioned recently that she was a sufferer.  She can feel when the ring main runs in peoples houses and has problems with the whine on tv's, monitors etc

Written By: La Roche on 09/13/06 at 8:54 am

I remembered about this condition because someone on another messageboard mentioned recently that she was a sufferer.  She can feel when the ring main runs in peoples houses and has problems with the whine on tv's, monitors etc

Yup, same here. Interesting.

Mine is only with certain things.

The computer monitor dosen't do it but the TV does but only when it's switched on, not after about 10 seconds of it running.  :-\\

Written By: Gis on 09/15/06 at 5:59 am

My cousin's wife is the same. She has to turn every electric item off in the house at night otherwise she can't sleep because she can feel them when they are on standby.

Written By: KKay on 09/15/06 at 8:27 am

I have had many experiences ...everyday I find something like this happening.

Generally about 4-5 times a day a song is in my head then it comes on.  I think of a random person from my past and then my friend mentions them.  I think of a place I have not been to in a while and I get invited there ...all within a day.  Very strange. 

Also, I have that problem with electronics...always have.  Iremember beign a kid and refusing to go into the TV deparrtment of Macys with my mom...the ringing and the buzz in my head is nauseating.  I think its more common than we think.

Finally- when i try to go to sleep and relax, little windows open in the darkness...but they ar too small to see through.  I know there is a scene playing in there, but I cannot focus it clearly.  I don't know what that is.. probably dreaming..anyone ever have that experience?

Written By: La Roche on 09/15/06 at 10:21 am

Also, I have that problem with electronics...always have.  Iremember beign a kid and refusing to go into the TV deparrtment of Macys with my mom...the ringing and the buzz in my head is nauseating.  I think its more common than we think.

No, you're the only person I've met that gets it.

Written By: KKay on 09/15/06 at 10:40 am

No, you're the only person I've met that gets it.

oh, great.
:-\\

Written By: La Roche on 09/15/06 at 10:57 am

oh, great.
:-\\

Apart from me that is.

Do you think our heads Will explode simultaneously, or maybe you'll read about it in the newspaper just before yours pops as well.  ;D

Written By: KKay on 09/15/06 at 11:48 am

Apart from me that is.

Do you think our heads Will explode simultaneously, or maybe you'll read about it in the newspaper just before yours pops as well.  ;D

I think i will turn on the tv as your story is being broadcast and then myhead will explode.

"Hey, look at- KABLOOIE'

Written By: La Roche on 09/15/06 at 11:56 am

I think i will turn on the tv as your story is being broadcast and then myhead will explode.

"Hey, look at- KABLOOIE'

"Isn't that An.. THWAKOOM!"

Written By: KKay on 09/15/06 at 12:23 pm

"Isn't that An.. THWAKOOM!"

"Oh no... Oh god n- BA-WOOSH!"

Written By: CeeKay on 09/15/06 at 2:11 pm

I have had many experiences ...everyday I find something like this happening.

Generally about 4-5 times a day a song is in my head then it comes on.  I think of a random person from my past and then my friend mentions them.  I think of a place I have not been to in a while and I get invited there ...all within a day.  Very strange. 

Finally- when i try to go to sleep and relax, little windows open in the darkness...but they ar too small to see through.  I know there is a scene playing in there, but I cannot focus it clearly.  I don't know what that is.. probably dreaming..anyone ever have that experience?

I have an issue with electronics too.  And certainly the thing when you think of something and it shows up.  Never experienced that window thing though...that's pretty weird.  ::)

Written By: KKay on 09/15/06 at 2:20 pm

I have an issue with electronics too.  And certainly the thing when you think of something and it shows up.  Never experienced that window thing though...that's pretty weird.  ::)

20 minutes ago..some person walked thru the office - tall, big, and i thought of Vincent D'onofrio.
Next name on my computer screen?  D'onofrio.

Thsi happens like 3 or 4 times a day ..that I'm aware of...
or has the world just gotten that much smaller that coincidences are commonplace?

Written By: CeeKay on 09/15/06 at 2:39 pm

20 minutes ago..some person walked thru the office - tall, big, and i thought of Vincent D'onofrio.
Next name on my computer screen?  D'onofrio.

Thsi happens like 3 or 4 times a day ..that I'm aware of...
or has the world just gotten that much smaller that coincidences are commonplace?

Nah.  I'm not a big believer in coincidence.  You're just psychic.  It's genetic.  We inherited it from Dad.

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/15/06 at 9:30 pm

Nah.  I'm not a big believer in coincidence.  You're just psychic.  It's genetic.  We inherited it from Dad.

Bloody Vorlons.

The Corps is Mother.  The Corps is Father.  Join the Psi Corps!

Written By: CeeKay on 09/16/06 at 1:45 am

Bloody Vorlons.

I had no idea what this was.  So I looked it up:  The Vorlon race is a member of the First Ones, a group made up of the earliest species to gain sentience, and their age and development reflect this. While almost all the other species of First One left the galaxy for greener pastures, the Vorlons stayed behind to act as guardians and guides for younger races.

Fairly accurate  ;)

Written By: KKay on 09/16/06 at 9:46 am

ugh.
great.
like i need that.

Of course, i am listening to The Jam and the second paper I pick up to work on today has a person's initials on it....J.A.M.
Stop!!!!

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/16/06 at 1:18 pm

Heh, once I was singing "Why Can't We Be Friends?" by War, and it came on the radio.

Written By: KKay on 09/16/06 at 1:43 pm

Heh, once I was singing "Why Can't We Be Friends?" by War, and it came on the radio.

It's an important mesage that needs to be broadcast.....from YOUR mind!

Check for new replies or respond here...