inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Movie curses.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/08/06 at 10:28 pm

There has alot of "supposed curses" that have seem to have occured, on during movie sets, and after as well.

Ones that come to mind are:

The Exorcist

Poltergeist

The Omen

Can another else here think of any others?

Subject: Re: Movie curses.

Written By: Gis on 06/10/06 at 3:00 pm

Apparently there were some problems on the set of the recent Omen film. I just read an article where they mentioned The Exorsist, Poltergeist, To the devil a daughter,The Omen and Rosemary's baby.

What about what happened on The Crow??

Written By: Tia on 06/10/06 at 4:09 pm

did anyone ever hear the one about "the sentinel," crummy 1970s horror flick? i read in fangoria years ago it was all haunted by visitations and stuff but i've never been able to find anything about it on the net. is it a coverup? perhaps.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/17/06 at 11:30 pm

How long was it when Bruce Lee died after making Enter The Dragon?

Written By: Daveyd989 on 06/28/06 at 6:36 pm

wasn't the twilight zone movie cursed since their was so sort of helicopter crash that killed some of its cast. that why they stoped production of the movie.

Written By: Tia on 07/07/06 at 1:48 pm

that was vic morrow and, i believe, two children were killed as well.  :( the rumor i've heard is that morrow was decapitated. spooky stuff.

i believe jennifer lason leigh is vic morrow's daughter?

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/07/06 at 2:50 pm

that was vic morrow and, i believe, two children were killed as well.  :( the rumor i've heard is that morrow was decapitated. spooky stuff.

i believe jennifer lason leigh is vic morrow's daughter?

I think you're correct about him being decapitated.  Two children were killed as well. 

I've also heard of a "Superman" curse, anyone know about this?

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/07/06 at 3:54 pm

I think you're correct about him being decapitated.  Two children were killed as well. 

I've also heard of a "Superman" curse, anyone know about this?
What Superman curse is this, I do not know?

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/07/06 at 4:50 pm

What Superman curse is this, I do not know?

I'm not too sure, I guess because Christoper Reeve's accident and death and the suspicious death of George Reeves (cause of death was listed as a suicide but there are some who believe it was murder).

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/08/06 at 6:15 am

One that comes to mind is the 'Rebel Curse' - after starring in the 1955 film 'Rebel Without a Cause'  - all three co-stars met with 'unnatural' deaths. We all know how Jimmy Dean met his end, but subsequently Sal Mineo was shot to death by a randomn gunman in 1976, and Natalie Wood was presumed drowned after she dissappeared off her boat in 1981.

Written By: Indy Gent on 07/20/06 at 7:00 pm

Not a "movie" curse, but most of the cast of the TV series "Bewitched" are no longer with us, the latest casualty being the actress that played Larry Tate's wife. If I'm not mistaken, only Colonel Bombay (Bernard Fox) and Esmerelda (Alice Ghostley) as still alive.

Back to movie curses, the awful 1974 film "The Klansman" has to be cursed, with 99% of the cast and the director D.O.A. and O.J. nearly getting prison time. That both Lee Marvin and Richard Burton had alcohol abuse problems is very ironic indeed.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/21/06 at 5:22 am

I'm not too sure, I guess because Christoper Reeve's accident and death and the suspicious death of George Reeves (cause of death was listed as a suicide but there are some who believe it was murder).
There was a progamme on the Superman Curse on the television the other night, I taped it and still need to watch it.

Written By: holicman on 07/21/06 at 11:19 am

Not a "movie" curse, but most of the cast of the TV series "Bewitched" are no longer with us, the latest casualty being the actress that played Larry Tate's wife. If I'm not mistaken, only Colonel Bombay (Bernard Fox) and Esmerelda (Alice Ghostley) are still alive.

Back to movie curses, the awful 1974 film "The Klansman" has to be cursed, with 99% of the cast and the director D.O.A. and O.J. nearly getting prison time. That both Lee Marvin and Richard Burton had alcohol abuse problems is very ironic indeed.

Tabitha is still alive as far as I know ...............

Written By: Indy Gent on 07/26/06 at 6:11 pm

Yeah, but that one's a given.  ;D
I meant the older actors that would still be at a serviceable age like Elizabeth Montgomery or both Darrin's.
BTW: Tabitha was played by Erin Murphy and her twin sister Diane. Does anyone know what happened to Diane?  ???

Tabitha is still alive as far as I know ...............

Written By: Daveyd989 on 07/29/06 at 12:50 pm

yeah another curse i heard of was the exorcist curse i remember watching a ths on E about it, i guess a bunch of creepy stuff has happend while each movie was being filmed.

Written By: logic908 on 11/24/06 at 12:17 pm

Not a "movie" curse, but most of the cast of the TV series "Bewitched" are no longer with us, the latest casualty being the actress that played Larry Tate's wife. If I'm not mistaken, only Colonel Bombay (Bernard Fox) and Esmerelda (Alice Ghostley) as still alive.

I don't know if i'd call this a curse since....surprise surprise...old people die!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/27/06 at 5:28 pm

One that comes to mind is the 'Rebel Curse' - after starring in the 1955 film 'Rebel Without a Cause'  - all three co-stars met with 'unnatural' deaths. We all know how Jimmy Dean met his end, but subsequently Sal Mineo was shot to death by a randomn gunman in 1976, and Natalie Wood was presumed drowned after she dissappeared off her boat in 1981.

That was the old joke,
What kind of wood doesn't float?

::)

Written By: Max Power on 12/05/06 at 11:36 pm

Most of them is in South Park movie.

Written By: Dagwood on 12/11/06 at 8:28 pm

That was the old joke,
What kind of wood doesn't float?

::)

;D  You made me laugh out loud with that one.

Check for new replies or respond here...