inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ghost Hunters

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/09/06 at 12:30 pm

Anyone watch Ghost Hunters on Sci-Fi? For those of you who don't know about the show, there is a group who call themselves T.A.P.S. (The Atlantic Paranormal Society) that investigates places that people have experienced paranormal activity.  I love that show, especially when they catch something on tape. The one that really got me was when they were investigating a old prison in PA and they actually caught an apperition on camera.

Here is the website for the T.A.P.S. team.

http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/

If you click on the "evidence video" link, you can see the footage of what I am talking about.

Cat

Subject: Re: Ghost Hunters

Written By: JohnDenver on 06/10/06 at 1:57 pm

what I wonder is... Why can cameras see things that we can't? And why do electrinic video cameras and the like get all screwed up when they are used?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/10/06 at 2:01 pm

what I wonder is... Why can cameras see things that we can't? And why do electrinic video cameras and the like get all screwed up when they are used?

Couldn't tell ya. I don't have a clue.

Cat

Written By: JohnDenver on 06/10/06 at 2:07 pm

I predict that when someone eventually figures out how ghosts (and, more importantly, UFOs) manage to mess up electronic equiptment in... very precise ways (for example, shutting down someone's car, but leaving the headlights on), then people wll start using machines to communicate with the dead... Which creeps me out a lot... And which sounds like the makings of a Sci-Fi movie right there!

Written By: lorac61469 on 06/12/06 at 12:17 am

One of my most favorite show on TV, scares the you-know-what outta me!!  LOL!!

I love the Eastern State Pen episode as well as the lighthouse in St. Augustine Fl.

Creepy stuff!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/12/06 at 11:22 am

One of my most favorite show on TV, scares the you-know-what outta me!!  LOL!!

I love the Eastern State Pen episode as well as the lighthouse in St. Augustine Fl.

Creepy stuff!!

Yeah, the Lighthouse one was pretty creepy. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it.

Cat

Written By: Gis on 06/13/06 at 2:14 am

Ah, this sounds exactly like a T.V show we have called 'Most Haunted'. Basically a team with a parapsychologist and one or two mediums going to check out haunted buildings.  I have to say that one of the mediums they have on the show is *so* melodramatic and fake you quite often end up laughing your head off rather than being scared. Also the presenter is probably the most scared person in television that she spends most of the time screaming her head off.
I have seen a couple of spooky episodes though.

Written By: karen on 06/13/06 at 8:38 am

I went to one of the sites featured in Most Haunted.  can't say I felt anything weird though.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/13/06 at 11:10 am

Ah, this sounds exactly like a T.V show we have called 'Most Haunted'. Basically a team with a parapsychologist and one or two mediums going to check out haunted buildings.  I have to say that one of the mediums they have on the show is *so* melodramatic and fake you quite often end up laughing your head off rather than being scared. Also the presenter is probably the most scared person in television that she spends most of the time screaming her head off.
I have seen a couple of spooky episodes though.

I have seen "Most Haunted" and I think "Ghost Hunters" is SOOOO much better. Sometimes As you said, "Most Haunted" is so melodramatic. I have only seen ONE episode that something was actually caught on tape (there was a pendulum to a clock and they asked the entity to stop the pendulum and it did stop). One "Ghost Hunters", they have caught a lot of stuff on tape-both audio and video. But, there are many episodes where they don't get anything-but that is normal. "Ghosts" don't come out and play on demand.

Cat

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/13/06 at 11:17 am

Karen and Gis have you ever seen that show on one of the Freeview stations with that blonde haired bloke called Derek Acoria or something similar.  Is he over the top or what!!      He's probably a lovely man and clearly into the 'spiritual world' but I don't find him in any way believable. I've seen some really crackpot shows featuring him 

Written By: Gis on 06/13/06 at 4:34 pm

Karen and Gis have you ever seen that show on one of the Freeview stations with that blonde haired bloke called Derek Acoria or something similar.  Is he over the top or what!!      He's probably a lovely man and clearly into the 'spiritual world' but I don't find him in any way believable. I've seen some really crackpot shows featuring him 
He is the self same medium I was on about, I have to say most of the time he has me in stitches. I love the fact that whenever he is possessed all the spirits talk in a thick scouse accent. ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 06/13/06 at 7:55 pm

I've watched Most Haunted periodically.  He cracks me up, too.  Very over the top.  I get a kick out of the hostess, too.  She is very skittish.  I wonder how many times the crew decides to play pranks on her just to watch her scream and run in the other direction.

Written By: Gis on 06/14/06 at 2:39 am

I've watched Most Haunted periodically.  He cracks me up, too.  Very over the top.  I get a kick out of the hostess, too.  She is very skittish.  I wonder how many times the crew decides to play pranks on her just to watch her scream and run in the other direction.
I know you wouldn't be able to resist it would you !  ;D

I'll be interested to see the new series as Derek has, er 'left' and they have a new Scottish medium who is meant to be very good. I read an interview with him where he said as yet he hasn't felt anything in the places they have visited for the series so at least he's been honest.
I still think one of Derek's finest hours was saying the rabbits on the grass outside where aliens lifeforms.........

Written By: Dagwood on 06/14/06 at 7:18 am

You're so right.  I wouldn't be able to resist the chance to make her freak out.  It would be so easy, too.

Alien life forms?  I missed that episode..I will have to watch more.  Can't wait to see the new medium they have.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/14/06 at 9:47 am

He is the self same medium I was on about, I have to say most of the time he has me in stitches. I love the fact that whenever he is possessed all the spirits talk in a thick scouse accent. ;D

Yeah it's his convincing attitude that cracks me up also with that accent. They were all in this darkened room once (with night vision cameras) all wide eyed yet blinking wildly and his antics were scaring the living daylights out of some, it was sooooo funny   ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...