inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fortune Telling.

Written By: Gis on 06/18/06 at 4:00 am

As a continuation of the psychics thread. What are your thoughts on fortune telling per see, as in tarot cards, crystal balls, reading bumps or reading palms?
Ever had it done?

I had my palm read by an Irish plumber who came round to my sister's house one january to mend a burst pipe!!.He was a strange man, but it was interesting and he did get most stuff spot on which was a bit weird as I was very cynical about it. No great predictions as such, just told me things about myself. Like I'm a good listener but I worry about stuff too much and have a great habit of talking myself out of things.
Told my sister and me that,unusually, we both had the same blockage in our love to do with our mother.I won't go into the long saga about that but that is spot on.
Then onto the seaside prediction type stuff..........he told me I was going to die at 83 and that I would have two great loves in my life. Finally the thing I liked the best was he told me I was on the right path in life. That it had been a struggle but I'd got there and I should carry on and well done for getting there. It could all have been complete bullsh*t but I liked that part.   

Subject: Re: Fortune Telling.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/18/06 at 4:23 am

I started to learn how to read Tarot Cards, and found of the three sessions I had with colleagues, all predications came out true. Thinking that this is very powerful, I put the cards away and have not touch them since.

In one true context I did buy my own pack, so theoretically the pack would not work.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/18/06 at 1:28 pm

I just posted my answer to this on the other thread.

Cat

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/18/06 at 1:34 pm

Honestly, I think it's all bunkum.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/18/06 at 2:27 pm

Honestly, I think it's all bunkum.
...or coincidental?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/18/06 at 3:24 pm

...or coincidental?

Daja vu. Oops, wrong thread.

Cat

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/18/06 at 4:45 pm

(As I said in the other thread... heh... we've all got deja vu here...)

I'm by no means good enough at it to be the the...

http://www.planearium2.de/scripts-615.htm

...biggest douche in the universe (South Park, Season 6, Episode 15), which explains it in funny terms, but I've had some fun using...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_Reading

...cold reading techniques on unsuspecting people.  The funniest part is when I tell them exactly how they did it, and they refuse to believe me.  "No, man, you might just say that, but you really do have some sorta connection with the infnite, man!". :)

Written By: karen on 06/20/06 at 11:35 am

I had my palm read a few years ago.  Someone at work organised for someone to come round her house and a group of us got together to have our palms read.

She spotted that I'd had problems with my dad around the time I was 15 (he left home for a while) and one or two other things.  She predicted that I'd have two children.  I have two and do not plan to have any more.

I forget what else she said.

Written By: whistledog on 06/23/06 at 8:12 pm

I think Fortune Telling doesn't work.  If it did, how come these Fortune Tellers don't use their gift to play the lottery?

Written By: Johnny_D on 06/23/06 at 8:42 pm

I think Fortune Telling doesn't work.  If it did, how come these Fortune Tellers don't use their gift to play the lottery?

Maybe many of them try to --- but, maybe so many of them do that they cancel each other out so much that the result is essentially random because all their "telekinetic" tampering with the bouncing balls mixes-up into chaos.

Of course, according to the scientific & skeptical principle of Occam's Razor, that's NOT the simplest explanation -- the simplest explanation is that all such stuff is bovine fertilizer, which is the point I think you were making in the first place!  :)

Written By: whistledog on 06/23/06 at 8:54 pm

Of course, according to the scientific & skeptical principle of Occam's Razor, that's NOT the simplest explanation -- the simplest explanation is that all such stuff is bovine fertilizer, which is the point I think you were making in the first place!  :)

But what about the fandangled shim sham?  Does it not cancel out the bovine?

Written By: Johnny_D on 06/23/06 at 10:12 pm

But what about the fandangled shim sham?  Does it not cancel out the bovine?

If the fandangled shim sham indulge in extemporaneous expostulations on the epistemological argot of ontologically incoherent existentialists, they may indeed negate the metaphysical mumbo-jumbo of the bovinacious brontologists.  Or maybe they just like Slim Jims dipped in Monterey Jack fondue.  Either way, a 9 Volt battery pressed against their tongues will give them a strange tingling sensation.

Written By: whistledog on 06/23/06 at 10:18 pm

If the fandangled shim sham indulge in extemporaneous expostulations on the epistemological argot of ontologically incoherent existentialists, they may indeed negate the metaphysical mumbo-jumbo of the bovinacious brontologists.  Or maybe they just like Slim Jims dipped in Monterey Jack fondue.  Either way, a 9 Volt battery pressed against their tongues will give them a strange tingling sensation.

But that tingling sensation will go away if you dip your foot in water while you stick your finger in a wall socket.  With all the shim shams and all the mumbo jumbo, the brontologists is nothing compared to the flabbergasters of the neon dipswitches.  If you flan the shim sham into the extremeties of the silton stature, you can glix the jabber into the silcohort of the melodonic axelpod.  But be careful when doing this because the axelpod if not flusted properly will cause a mass globenstrie of a zeldot

Written By: Johnny_D on 06/23/06 at 10:27 pm

But that tingling sensation will go away if you dip your foot in water while you stick your finger in a wall socket.  With all the shim shams and all the mumbo jumbo, the brontologists is nothing compared to the flabbergasters of the neon dipswitches.  If you flan the shim sham into the extremeties of the silton stature, you can glix the jabber into the silcohort of the melodonic axelpod.  But be careful when doing this because the axelpod if not flusted properly will cause a mass globenstrie of a zeldot

Indeed, a flabbergastering neon dipswitch will all too frequently Kennethize into an Ingot of Finkilium.  Given the half-life of Finkilium, its radioactive emanations suppress the stature of your average silton beneath the threshold of measureable Frammis Particles.  For that reason alone, glixing jabbers into silcohorts of melodonic axelpods invariably zelkonizes the zeldots to such an extent that mass globenstries are statistically unlikely to unfreeze a tofu dog. 

Written By: whistledog on 06/23/06 at 10:46 pm

Indeed, a flabbergastering neon dipswitch will all too frequently Kennethize into an Ingot of Finkilium.  Given the half-life of Finkilium, its radioactive emanations suppress the stature of your average silton beneath the threshold of measureable Frammis Particles.  For that reason alone, glixing jabbers into silcohorts of melodonic axelpods invariably zelkonizes the zeldots to such an extent that mass globenstries are statistically unlikely to unfreeze a tofu dog. 

But what if the Finkilium pemotates the switchol into obscurity?  Does the axelpod zelnize the glixing jabbers so the tofu dog will saturize the melanthropes to the extent of the filmore?  In order to fix this, here's what you do.  Take the switchol, and gland the meltons into the flibber jabber, then take the filmore and mix it with the tofu dog so the chmeltors will summize the axtors into the delphise.  If you max the memults, you can klip the shnips so that the tofu dog will schmalt the falants.  But take into account that if you whilt the maxolrods, the falants will also klip the tofu dog.  To fix this, blum the peldorts so that the walcorks will jumble into the paxelrods.  Take the paxelrods and connect them with the matadane, then once you figure out what I have just said, pull your lip over your head and swallow

Written By: Johnny_D on 06/23/06 at 11:47 pm

But what if the Finkilium pemotates the switchol into obscurity?  Does the axelpod zelnize the glixing jabbers so the tofu dog will saturize the melanthropes to the extent of the filmore?  In order to fix this, here's what you do.  Take the switchol, and gland the meltons into the flibber jabber, then take the filmore and mix it with the tofu dog so the chmeltors will summize the axtors into the delphise.  If you max the memults, you can klip the shnips so that the tofu dog will schmalt the falants.  But take into account that if you whilt the maxolrods, the falants will also klip the tofu dog.  To fix this, blum the peldorts so that the walcorks will jumble into the paxelrods.  Take the paxelrods and connect them with the matadane, then once you figure out what I have just said, pull your lip over your head and swallow

Okay, I swallowed my head but I immediately counter-alimentated my former injesta.  Be that as it may, I commend your suggestion to blum those peldorts.  Walcorks jumbled into the paxelrods, however, will channel-surf incessantly -- and yes, I did take into account how much the falants klip tofu dogs when the maxolrods are whilted. 

This presents a fascinating dilemma.  Barbara Eden's navel notwithstanding, seventeen diesel engines running on fryolator grease gave Neil Young an ingrown toenail when he wrote The Declaration of Bigelow Sedge.  The historical nature of that non-event begs the question, however -- if George Washington's teeth were made of wood, then why did neutrinos insist on mint chocolate bricks when vulcanizing their Shakespearian dental floss?  I admit that's a non-starter for the present discussion ... but I digress ... to get back to the point: the curvature of Britney-time exudes Triaminic obfuscation of the highest order.  That cannot be understood.  Nor can it be understood.  So the only possible conclusion to draw from Neanderthallian Arsenide is that the inverted sawdust of Rhodes glamorizes oak pollen to such an extent that only truly muscular molecules of televised Baskervilles can say "Hoogah-Chukka loves the Algorithm of Al Sharpton".  But when Donald Trump digested Angelina Jolie's cream-colored Gucci George Foreman Grill, Brad and Janet cried out, "DOCTOR SCOTT !!"

Written By: whistledog on 06/23/06 at 11:57 pm

Okay, I swallowed my head but I immediately counter-alimentated my former injesta.  Be that as it may, I commend your suggestion to blum those peldorts.  Walcorks jumbled into the paxelrods, however, will channel-surf incessantly -- and yes, I did take into account how much the falants klip tofu dogs when the maxolrods are whilted. 

This presents a fascinating dilemma.  Barbara Eden's navel notwithstanding, seventeen diesel engines running on fryolator grease gave Neil Young an ingrown toenail when he wrote The Declaration of Bigelow Sedge.  The historical nature of that non-event begs the question, however -- if George Washington's teeth were made of wood, then why did neutrinos insist on mint chocolate bricks when vulcanizing their Shakespearian dental floss?  I admit that's a non-starter for the present discussion ... but I digress ... to get back to the point: the curvature of Britney-time exudes Triaminic obfuscation of the highest order.  That cannot be understood.  Nor can it be understood.  So the only possible conclusion to draw from Neanderthallian Arsenide is that the inverted sawdust of Rhodes glamorizes oak pollen to such an extent that only truly muscular molecules of televised Baskervilles can say "Hoogah-Chukka loves the Algorithm of Al Sharpton".  But when Donald Trump digested Angelina Jolie's cream-colored Gucci George Foreman Grill, Brad and Janet cried out, "DOCTOR SCOTT !!"

I cannot top that.  You have trumped me Mr. D.  Some applause for you http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/jestor.gif

Written By: Johnny_D on 06/24/06 at 7:43 am

I cannot top that.  You have trumped me Mr. D.  Some applause for you http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/jestor.gif

Thank you!  Applause for you, too!  :) 

You're a good sport, whistledog, and you're very good at conglomerating random neologisms.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/24/06 at 5:34 pm

Beam me up, Scotty. There is no intellegent life here.

;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Southern Image on 07/05/06 at 1:24 pm

I've had all of that done just for fun.  ;)

I don't believe in any of it. With all my readings, no one has come even close in getting anything right with me. Anything they have ever said, has NEVER come true.

Check for new replies or respond here...