inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Angels.

Written By: Gis on 07/05/06 at 10:23 am

Ok, not really ghostly but I was wondering how many of you believe in them? 

Subject: Re: Angels.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/05/06 at 10:28 am

I totally believe in them.  I have read about and had too many personal experiences concerning them.  One time I was about 8 years old and I was riding my bicycle.  There was this large hill and I was riding full speed and I lost control of my bike.  My parents were at the bottom of the hill watching me at the time and they witnessed the whole thing.  I just knew that I was about to wreck my bike and end up with horrible cuts and bruises...but all of a sudden...I remained on my wheels and rode down to the bottom. My parents couldn't believe what they just witnessed. They said that they were watching me and saw me lose control and begin to fall over to the side...and then all of a sudden, it appeared that someone/something actually lifted my bike and placed it back on track, enabling me to ride the rest of the way down the hill without wrecking. To this day...they always say that my guardian angel was with me that day! :)

Written By: Gis on 07/05/06 at 11:01 am

I believe in them too.
On a lighter note, I had a go at trying to contact mine a few years ago. I followed this whole plan that I read, I can't remember exactly what the steps were now. I do remember you had to visualize a colour and orange popped into my head. When I got to the bit where you ask your angel to show itself I had the weirdest experience. I saw a very tall man with short blond hair standing in a doorway. He looked at me really sternly and shut the door firmly in my face ! I came to the conclusion that if he was my angel he obviously didn't think I should be contacting him so I never tried again.

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/05/06 at 12:21 pm

I totally believe in them.  I have read about and had too many personal experiences concerning them.  One time I was about 8 years old and I was riding my bicycle.  There was this large hill and I was riding full speed and I lost control of my bike.  My parents were at the bottom of the hill watching me at the time and they witnessed the whole thing.  I just knew that I was about to wreck my bike and end up with horrible cuts and bruises...but all of a sudden...I remained on my wheels and rode down to the bottom. My parents couldn't believe what they just witnessed. They said that they were watching me and saw me lose control and begin to fall over to the side...and then all of a sudden, it appeared that someone/something actually lifted my bike and placed it back on track, enabling me to ride the rest of the way down the hill without wrecking. To this day...they always say that my guardian angel was with me that day! :)

If I had a guardian angel I probably would've have landed up in hospital (well okay, almost landed up in hospital) when I slammed into a brick wall when I was riding my bike as a youngster.

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/09/06 at 10:13 am

No, don't believe in them...

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/09/06 at 12:34 pm

I had an experience once, someone was watching over me...

In H.S. we had to take public transportation to get back and forth from school.  One afternoon my friends and I were running late and we saw our bus coming.  We had to run across a really busy road, as I started to run I tripped, right in front of a truck.  I looked up and saw the look of horror on the drivers face and I just knew I was going to be hit, killed possibly.  Then all of a sudden I was back on me feet and safely away from the truck.  I have no recollection of getting back up and moving away, no one (not a real person, anyway) touched me. I don't know, maybe I was able to get back up on my own but I can't remember it.  I like to think it was a guardian angel.  :)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/24/06 at 6:15 pm

I completely believe I have a Guardian angel with me at times, just some of the situations I've been in since childhood till now where I've risked stuff soooo many times and always come out of them - I'm convinced

Written By: Trimac20 on 08/10/06 at 10:14 am

Yeah, I spose you don't have to be religious to believe in 'Guardian angels.' I myself am a bit of a skeptic, but the idea sounds quite nice...I just haven't had any real experience to convince me yet...

Written By: CeeKay on 09/12/06 at 9:25 am

Wow, some of you have had cool experiences!

I'm all for the angel idea.  Sure, I believe in them.  I had an angel visit me in a dream once.  Skeptics say "It was a D-R-E-A-M" -- but it was different than other dreams.  An angel came to me and said, "Don't be afraid.  I've just come to give you a message.  God wants you to know that He is real."  That was it.  But, to this day, every time I come to a point of disbelief....I remember that dream and that message and I say, "okay, fine, you're real..."

(I also have a parking angel.  It's uncanny how i can drive into the most crowded parking lot and a space in the front will open up as I come along.  My kids and I have a habit now of saying "thank you" to the parking angel every time it happens.)

Written By: Gis on 09/13/06 at 3:10 am

It is a very comforting idea that there is someone there for you.

Written By: amjikloviet on 09/17/13 at 7:40 pm

Yes! Angels are real. I have seen them before and they have comforted me throughout my life. One did very recently!

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/18/13 at 8:18 pm

http://i.imgur.com/H9dHgIQ.jpg

I can suspend my disbelief for an hour an episode.

Written By: Inertia on 09/18/13 at 8:50 pm

I don't believe in angels. However, I have seen enough supernatural activity which I can not explain which I feel may be "spirits" or "demons."

I could tell you everything I have experienced, but it would take a long time. My house and land are kind of infamous among my friends for being haunted.

Written By: amjikloviet on 09/18/13 at 8:57 pm

I don't believe in angels. However, I have seen enough supernatural activity which I can not explain which I feel may be "spirits" or "demons."

I could tell you everything I have experienced, but it would take a long time. My house and land are kind of infamous among my friends for being haunted.

Yes, there are such a thing as demons as well. Just as there is a heaven, there is also a hellish place or "Hell" where demons come from. A lot of people are afraid to talk about it...I'm not though! lol.

Written By: Inertia on 09/18/13 at 9:00 pm

Yes, there are such a thing as demons as well. Just as there is a heaven, there is also a hellish place or "Hell" where demons come from. A lot of people are afraid to talk about it...I'm not though! lol.

Well I don't know if they really are demons, but they certainly seem malicious. I definitely don't have a Casper in my house.

Written By: hot_wax on 11/07/15 at 3:34 am

My Angel's name is Rolf. A voice came to me in a dream later in my life and said " my name is Rolf " I questioned the voice, did you say " Ralph?" it replied back R O L F. I didn't see anything, only heard a masculine voice, it didn't say it outright but planted the knowledge in my head that Rolf was my Guardian Angel. Didn't say anything else but put memories of my life that I never thought of ever before that he had involvement with saving my life.

Yes, Angels do exist, believe in them or not, but everyone has an Angel on their shoulder watching out for your safety.     

Written By: 80sfan on 11/08/15 at 11:19 pm

I don't know, I've never talked with my guardian angel. Forgive me for being skeptical.

I do believe that I have a spirit animal though, perhaps it is my guardian angel manifested as an animal? My spirit animal seems to be a hawk, or hawks. They follow me around, specially when I started going through hard times circa 2008.

Written By: annimal on 11/09/15 at 10:55 am

I don't know if I believe in angels.  I had a voice come to me after my tumor and ask me if I would rather be blind or deaf.  I later became deaf. 
i believe that I would have become blind if I had chosen it.  All I can say is giving me that choice seemed to come from a good higher being.  I give the credit to God.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/10/15 at 1:07 am

I don't know if I believe in angels.  I had a voice come to me after my tumor and ask me if I would rather be blind or deaf.  I later became deaf. 
i believe that I would have become blind if I had chosen it.  All I can say is giving me that choice seemed to come from a good higher being.  I give the credit to God.

That's quite a life story, right there.

Written By: annimal on 11/10/15 at 10:16 am

I try to get it out because I think that's what I should be doing.  Hey, I think there's some sort of higher being here. 

Written By: Redhairkid on 11/17/15 at 10:59 am

I'll believe it when I see it.

Written By: annimal on 01/09/16 at 8:10 pm

Oh my!

Written By: JaxRhapsody on 02/15/16 at 2:33 am

They exist, but a gaurdian angel, isn't always an angel, it could be whatevers passing by with good intentions.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/19/16 at 10:06 pm

They exist, but a gaurdian angel, isn't always an angel, it could be whatevers passing by with good intentions.

If it's bad, is it a demon? A poltergeist?

Written By: annimal on 02/20/16 at 11:34 am

song now in head

devil or angel

parody-  or either in my mind

Check for new replies or respond here...