inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Have You Ever Tried to "Catch a Ghost"?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/12/06 at 3:36 pm

Have you ever tried to record a ghost or do a seance or anything like that?

When I was a kid, we used to have BIG slumber parties. Two of my sisters and I would have about 2-3 friends each all spending the night. One time we decided to have a seance. My grandfather had just passed away at the time and we thought it would be good to try to contact him (since his pic was in the room). Some said, "If you are in this room, give us a sign". Little did I know that one of my sisters had a superball and at that moment she threw it. You never heard close to a dozen girls scream so loud in your life. Of course my mother came running out of her bedroom. By this time everyone was laughing except me. At this point, I STILL didn't realize that my sister threw that ball. I thought my grandfather was indeed in the room with us. (I learned about my sister's antics a few minutes later).  ;D ;D ;D

Recently, I tried a test to see if there are any "presence" here in this house. I put a quarter on a piece of paper and drew a circle around the quarter and left it there for several days. But, it didn't move at all. So, no ghosts in this house. That is probably because about a year and a half ago, we "cleansed" the house with sage.

(I have already told my stories about the ouiji board in the other thread)

Cat

Subject: Re: Have You Ever Tried to "Catch a Ghost"?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/13/06 at 9:09 pm

I've never tried to "catch a ghost" per se....but a strange thing happened to me the other day.

I was in the kitchen and I was at the sink getting ready to fill up a pot of water. My one cat, Anna, was meowing very oddly and stalking around in the kitchen. I was wondering what was wrong with her....and I knew that I had just fed them, so she couldn't have been hungry.  So...I continue filling up the pot of water, and all of a sudden...this drawer to the bottom left of me (it was clear at the bottom closest to the floor, a very heavy drawer that we use to store foil, baggies, etc) just flew open and banged against my leg.  At first I thought that it was Anna that might have pulled on the drawer (because she actually knows how to open up the cabinet that contains their catfood)....but she was nowhere to be seen. I couldn't have accidentally opened it by myself...because I would have had to stretch my leg clear over, not really even being able to reach it too well. That was very very odd, to say the least. :o

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/14/06 at 11:11 am

I've never tried to "catch a ghost" per se....but a strange thing happened to me the other day.

I was in the kitchen and I was at the sink getting ready to fill up a pot of water. My one cat, Anna, was meowing very oddly and stalking around in the kitchen. I was wondering what was wrong with her....and I knew that I had just fed them, so she couldn't have been hungry.  So...I continue filling up the pot of water, and all of a sudden...this drawer to the bottom left of me (it was clear at the bottom closest to the floor, a very heavy drawer that we use to store foil, baggies, etc) just flew open and banged against my leg.  At first I thought that it was Anna that might have pulled on the drawer (because she actually knows how to open up the cabinet that contains their catfood)....but she was nowhere to be seen. I couldn't have accidentally opened it by myself...because I would have had to stretch my leg clear over, not really even being able to reach it too well. That was very very odd, to say the least. :o

Maybe Anna ran away?

Ha... I like Anna, and I've never met her.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/14/06 at 1:43 pm

Maybe Anna ran away?

Ha... I like Anna, and I've never met her.

well, I might have thought that too, however, this drawer is unusually heavy...and there's no way that she could have "opened" the door...especially at such a force as it was. It was...really creepy.

Yes..Anna is one in a million, that's for sure. ;)

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/14/06 at 6:53 pm

well, I might have thought that too, however, this drawer is unusually heavy...and there's no way that she could have "opened" the door...especially at such a force as it was. It was...really creepy.

Yes..Anna is one in a million, that's for sure. ;)

Anna worked out this morning... She's stronger than you, now.

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/14/06 at 8:37 pm

Hmm, could the ghostly presence in my house sort of explain that sometimes CDs and other random things will disappear totally and then turn up a month later (like my disco CDs)? Sometimes, I think said ghost makes us lose things to get in fights...since that caused a huge fight in my house, and then the disco CDs turned up at the end of my bed.

Check for new replies or respond here...