inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ghost Pictures of the world

Written By: holicman on 07/14/06 at 5:55 am

Has anyone got any ghost pictures ???

And real or fake ones.

And I dont mean orbs, I mean visions of ghosts or apparitions caught on Photos or video ??

These are some I found on the internet  and are all proven to be genuine photos.

Subject: Re: Ghost Pictures of the world

Written By: holicman on 07/14/06 at 5:57 am

Taken in 1919, this ghost photo of a RAF squadron from World War One has an extra
ghostly face in the picture.  It is believed to be Freddy Jackson, an air mechanic who
had been accidentally killed by an airplane propellor two days before the pic was
taken.  His funeral took place on the day the photograph was shot.  Members of his air
squadron recognized his face with ease and believe he must have showed up for the
haunted picture, unaware he had passed.  Freddy's ghostly apparition appears
behind the airman in the top row, fourth from the left.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/14/06 at 7:02 am

Taken in 1919, this ghost photo of a RAF squadron from World War One has an extra
ghostly face in the picture.  It is believed to be Freddy Jackson, an air mechanic who
had been accidentally killed by an airplane propellor two days before the pic was
taken.  His funeral took place on the day the photograph was shot.  Members of his air
squadron recognized his face with ease and believe he must have showed up for the
haunted picture, unaware he had passed.  Freddy's ghostly apparition appears
behind the airman in the top row, fourth from the left.

wow, that's an interesting story....very creepy!! :o

Written By: holicman on 07/14/06 at 8:51 am

The pictures are very creepy....................I dont what else to say.

Thankyou for commenting on them :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/14/06 at 10:16 am

I don't see anything ghostly about the first or last ones in the first post.

Written By: holicman on 07/14/06 at 10:52 am

Look closely because there is something there..........

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/14/06 at 11:07 am

I don't see anything ghostly about the first or last ones in the first post.

The first one...the ghostly passenger in the back seat.  The last one, look at the chair, there is a ghistly figure sitting there.

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/14/06 at 11:09 am

Ah.

Looks like the first one is just a person, not really a ghost.

And it looks like the second one could be a person, who got blurred along with everything else...

P.S., the song I'm listening to just said "Ghosts in the yard"

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/14/06 at 11:19 am

Ah.

Looks like the first one is just a person, not really a ghost.

And it looks like the second one could be a person, who got blurred along with everything else...

P.S., the song I'm listening to just said "Ghosts in the yard"

About the last one, it looks to have been taken in Victorian times.  Back then it took a long time to take a photograph, long exposure.  IMO, it looks like there was a person who got up at some point during the exposure, so what was caught appears to be a ghost.  Does that make sense?

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/14/06 at 11:22 am

About the last one, it looks to have been taken in Victorian times.  Back then it took a long time to take a photograph, long exposure.  IMO, it looks like there was a person who got up at some point during the exposure, so what was caught appears to be a ghost.  Does that make sense?

Yes it does... Notice how there hasn't been any ghost pictures since cameras were perfected. :D

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/14/06 at 11:26 am

Yes it does... Notice how there hasn't been any ghost pictures since cameras were perfected. :D

LOL!!  If you ever look at http://www.coasttocoastam.com/gallery/images.html you'll see that people catch "ghosts" all the time.  Most of the time it's motion blur, a camera strap, bug or rain that these people capture. 

Written By: karen on 07/24/06 at 8:37 am

There's a classic picture taken of a church altar where there appears to be a 'ghost' kneeling at the altar steps.  This effect was reproduced by setting an old camera up and having someone come in part way through the exposure, polish the steps and then go away.  The effect was a similar 'ghost' on the photograph.

Written By: divine_intervention on 07/25/06 at 10:23 pm

wow, that's an interesting story....very creepy!! :o

That is creepy.
Ghost stories always creep me out though.

Written By: holicman on 07/28/06 at 9:50 pm

Here is another one i found on another ghost website...............look at the front of the picture.........

There is a hazy blur...............It is believed to be a dog named sally. Apparently the family pet had been shot by a farmer that day, and this was a way for the dog to say goodbye to his "master". He is standing in front of the young boy in the photo.

Written By: mizgreen on 03/08/09 at 12:42 pm

Go to ghoststudy.com
Some of the pictures are obviously fakes but some of them will leave you wondering.

Check for new replies or respond here...