inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Halloween Haunted Houses

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/05/06 at 8:45 pm

Do any of you guys frequent local haunted houses during the Halloween season?  I don't like the cheesy ones where people dressed up with the "Scream" mask follow you around tapping you on the shoulder....but this year Beth and I are planning on going to this museum near us...they give ghost tours (of actual historical haunted accounts), 19th century funeral practices, and literay works of horror....that's more my cup of tea! ;)

Subject: Re: Halloween Haunted Houses

Written By: gemini on 10/06/06 at 4:22 pm

We have a Haunted Hayride right down the road from us. It's pretty scary the first time, but it's the same every year. So if you go more than once, you know what's going to happen.  When I was a kid, haunted houses scared the bejeezes out of me!  :o  They still do.  I can't stand someone to sneak up on me like that, especially in the dark.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/09/06 at 12:09 pm

I've been looking for some ghost tours around here, but haven't found anything that really floats my boat yet.  That is totally my kind of thing as well, Quirk!  And the museum tour sounds fabulous.  You will have to tell us all about it after you guys go. 

I pretty much hate the commercial haunted houses.  That's not to say they don't scare the bejesus out of me.  I just don't really like them.  There's usually too much blood and gore, and that is NOT my thing. 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/09/06 at 12:55 pm

I've been looking for some ghost tours around here, but haven't found anything that really floats my boat yet.  That is totally my kind of thing as well, Quirk!  And the museum tour sounds fabulous.  You will have to tell us all about it after you guys go. 

I pretty much hate the commercial haunted houses.  That's not to say they don't scare the bejesus out of me.  I just don't really like them.  There's usually too much blood and gore, and that is NOT my thing. 

yes...the ghost tours are really cool!  There are a lot of different ones around the area (especially in the Gettysburg area).  Also, when I was down south this summer in Savannah Georgia....there were TONS of ghost tours. We didn't get a chance to take one...but next time we go down we are definitely fitting that into our schedule!

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/30/06 at 5:00 pm

We just went to a haunted house place in Fremont (CA) last night called "The Pirates of Emerson." It was pretty fun. They had two main haunted houses and one maze. The maze was a bit difficult because it was mostly pitch dark except for strobe lights going off. They also had a "Seadog Theatre," Round table pizza for sale, and a pirate ship.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/30/06 at 9:05 pm

The props in those commercial haunted houses are always so phony...or are the?
:o

One of my favorites from the files of "Couldn't possibly be true...but it is!"
http://snopes.com/horrors/gruesome/mccurdy.htm

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/30/06 at 9:07 pm

I've often thought (and have been surprised not to hear actual things like this happening) how creepy it would be if there was some crazy person lurking around in a haunted house (dressed in a costume)....and actually killed someone in there. The other people walking through would probably think nothing of it at first...they would probably just think that it was all part of the act....SPOOKY! :o

Check for new replies or respond here...