inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: T.V dramas with a ghostly theme.

Written By: Gis on 10/22/06 at 4:41 am

I'm not talking things like Buffy but T.V shows based on ghosts or the paranormal. We have two great ones in the U.K, one is called Sea of Souls and is about the parapsychology department of a university and the other is called Afterlife which is about a medium and the sceptical investigator who is writting a book about her.
We do get Medium over here but I only ever watched one episode because it is on very, very late on a work night. 

Subject: Re: T.V dramas with a ghostly theme.

Written By: Paul on 10/22/06 at 12:30 pm

I could just about get my head round 'Rentaghost'... :P

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/22/06 at 8:50 pm

I love the show, "Medium"....can't wait for the new season to come out.

Written By: whistledog on 10/22/06 at 9:04 pm

Don't know if it qualifies per se, but I really liked the 90s series "Tales From the Crypt" and the 80s series' "Twilight zone" and "Amazing Stories".  All three series often had episodes related to ghostly stories, and I loved it!  I used to watch Tales From the Crypt with the lights off, because that was the best way to watch it 8)

Written By: spaceace on 10/24/06 at 4:10 pm

You guys forgot "Dark Shadows".  Which is still on the SFI channel last time I heard.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/25/06 at 1:25 pm

Way back when there was a show called "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" which was based on a movie by the same name. The movie was wonderful (one of my all-time favorites with Gene Tirney & Rex Harrison). They turned the t.v. show into a comedy with Edward Mulhare, Hope Lange, and Charles Nelson Reilly. I loved the show as a kid but that was because I wasn't familar with the movie at the time. I'm sure if I saw the show now, I would probably think that it sucks.

Cat

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/25/06 at 7:44 pm

I think the X-Files would more than qualify.

Written By: loki 13 on 10/26/06 at 8:55 pm

Ghost Whisperer with Jennifer Love Hewitt

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/27/06 at 5:18 pm

I realize it's not a drama, but Scooby Doo has a ghostly theme, and was my favorite cartoon as a kid.  I still watch it if I see it on.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/27/06 at 5:38 pm

I realize it's not a drama, but Scooby Doo has a ghostly theme, and was my favorite cartoon as a kid.  I still watch it if I see it on.

that was my favorite too! I STILL love to watch it with Vaughn....there's nothing like those meddling kids and their dog, Scooby Doo! :D ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/27/06 at 6:15 pm

that was my favorite too! I STILL love to watch it with Vaughn....there's nothing like those meddling kids and their dog, Scooby Doo! :D ;D

But didn't they ALWAYS discovered that it wasn't a ghost but someone who was wearing a mask (as they rip off the mask at the end of the episode)?

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/27/06 at 6:24 pm

But didn't they ALWAYS discovered that it wasn't a ghost but someone who was wearing a mask (as they rip off the mask at the end of the episode)?

Cat

yes...that's very true.  The fun part was thinking that they were really ghosts. :D ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/28/06 at 2:48 pm

There is the show Ghost Hunters. Great show.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/28/06 at 9:32 pm

http://www.rrauction.com/content/images/scans/3099/3099822.jpg
ALICE GHOSTLEY
:D

Written By: spaceace on 10/29/06 at 3:51 pm

Max:  I was going to say Casper the Friendly Ghost".  Because we both know he has issues... ;)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/30/06 at 10:25 am

ALICE GHOSTLEY
:D

I love love love love love her!  She was hilarious on Designing Women.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/30/06 at 8:54 pm

I love love love love love her!  She was hilarious on Designing Women.

Still going strong at the age of 80, as far as I know!

Written By: karen on 10/31/06 at 6:49 am

Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased)

I can vaguely recall watching this as a kid.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/16/06 at 9:30 pm

Ghost Whisperer with Jennifer Love Hewitt

I LOVE this show! I didn't watch it during it's 1st Season...I just started watching it during the current season....now I really wanna get Season 1 on DVD....I don't know how I didn't get into this show earlier. :-\\

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/31/07 at 12:48 am

Even though they weren't technically ghosts, I liked the series "Dead like me".  I just loved the rye humor in it.  Too bad it only lasted two seasons.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/31/07 at 9:45 am

I LOVE this show! I didn't watch it during it's 1st Season...I just started watching it during the current season....now I really wanna get Season 1 on DVD....I don't know how I didn't get into this show earlier. :-\\

I finally got Season 1 on DVD, I've watched about 5 episodes of it...what a great show!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/31/07 at 6:23 pm

Medium is on tonight (Wednesdays) at 10 p.m. eastern time.  I always forget it's on since they changed the night they show it.  (It used to be on Monday nights)

Did ya know that Medium is based on a real psychic named Allison DuBois out in Pheonix?  I just bought her book at Barnes and Noble, although I haven't read it yet.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/31/07 at 9:16 pm

Medium is pretty good.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/31/07 at 10:48 pm

Medium is on tonight (Wednesdays) at 10 p.m. eastern time.  I always forget it's on since they changed the night they show it.  (It used to be on Monday nights)

Did ya know that Medium is based on a real psychic named Allison DuBois out in Pheonix?  I just bought her book at Barnes and Noble, although I haven't read it yet.

Yes! I love that show, I never miss it. And yes, I knew it was based on a real person...I read up on her via the internet...fascinating stuff! I really like Patricia Arquette too!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/20/07 at 11:08 am

I just finished my Season 1 DVD set of "The Ghost Whisperer".....that show is amazingly good! If it's not scaring you, it's making you cry (with some very touching themes/storylines). Now, I can't wait until Season 2 comes out on DVD (which won't be for awhile, since it is still running on TV...and I've only seen 1 episode from the new season...so I might as well just wait until it comes out, to see it all).

Written By: holicman on 02/21/07 at 6:14 am

OMG you and I are so alike its scary !!!!!!!!! :D

And no I am not nuts and I am not a stalker........ remember I am in Oz and you in America.
Its just other little freaky things about you, sorry quirk but its weird that you and I share so many similar interests :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/21/07 at 10:26 am

OMG you and I are so alike its scary !!!!!!!!! :D

And no I am not nuts and I am not a stalker........ remember I am in Oz and you in America.
Its just other little freaky things about you, sorry quirk but its weird that you and I share so many similar interests :)

well, that's pretty darn cool! 8)  What other things do you think we have in common, I'm interested to find out. :)

Written By: holicman on 02/22/07 at 3:28 am

Well the fact that you are into the paranormal and spiritual side is just one aspect........there are just things that I dont look for, but its to do with the fact that things you vote for in polls are exactly the same as mine.

Please dont be scared or anything, there are people out there who have never met and will always have alot in common :) Its just nice to know there is someone out there who is similar to me and has common interests. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/22/07 at 10:45 am

Well the fact that you are into the paranormal and spiritual side is just one aspect........there are just things that I dont look for, but its to do with the fact that things you vote for in polls are exactly the same as mine.

Please dont be scared or anything, there are people out there who have never met and will always have alot in common :) Its just nice to know there is someone out there who is similar to me and has common interests. :)

oh, I'm not scared...more like flattered. Yes, I agree...it is nice to have things in common with someone. You don't post too much though, huh? I don't see you around too much.

Written By: holicman on 02/22/07 at 6:18 pm

I dont get alot of time to post,Im really busy with work and maintaining my other websites I run, I do check here everyday, I just dont post as frequently as I check.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/22/07 at 10:04 pm

I dont get alot of time to post,Im really busy with work and maintaining my other websites I run, I do check here everyday, I just dont post as frequently as I check.

well, that's cool you get to check in everyday...I'm always here!! :D ;D

Written By: snozberries on 06/02/07 at 4:57 pm

Mattthew Fox was in a show on UPN called Haunted about a haunted hospital it was pretty good...that's why it got cancelled.

I love Medium. There have been some really good episodes.
I watch Ghost Whisperer every week but I don't know why cuz I don't like it that much. There were one or two okay eps but mostly I laugh at it cuz its so cheesy and J-Love is so bad.
I didn't watch Raines but basically the same premise as the other two shows. Not a fan of Jeff Goldblum.

There is supposed to be a show fall 07-08 about a person who brings people back from the dead for short time to let them fix something in their life. I don't know sounds like we're running out of original ideas.

Written By: whistledog on 06/04/07 at 5:20 pm

how about 'Supernatural' starring Jensen Ackles?  I have not seen the show (I don't get the CW) but I know Season 1 is now on DVD, and the show was renewed for a 3rd season

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernatural_%28TV_series%29

Check for new replies or respond here...