inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bigfoot, Do You Believe

Written By: Matthias on 11/05/06 at 9:17 pm

Do you guys believe in Bigfoot?

I do...
The truth is out there, who cares about aliens who are lightyears away when we have Bigfoot on Earth!

Subject: Re: Bigfoot, Do You Believe

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/05/06 at 9:26 pm

I'm not sure about this one.  I remember my mom telling me a story about my 2 uncles when they were young. I guess they were playing in these woods near their house and they SWEAR that they saw a Bigfoot creature, sitting up against a tree, eating an apple.  Who knows though...it could have been just a very hairy vagrant. :D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/06/06 at 12:02 am

No.

Written By: whistledog on 11/06/06 at 12:33 am

I'm not sure whether or not I believe in Bigfoot, but I suspect that big large ugly hairy guys do exist ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/06/06 at 11:05 am

It's funny, but no, I don't.  I believe in a bunch of other crap, but not Bigfoot.  Or the Loch Ness Monster.  (Somehow that makes it seem better...)  ;)

Written By: lorac61469 on 11/06/06 at 11:19 am

I'm not sure...new species of animals and those thought to be extinct are being found, so maybe bigfoot does exist. 

Written By: La Roche on 11/06/06 at 12:41 pm

Of course Bigfoot exists. Hi.

Written By: Jessica on 11/06/06 at 12:48 pm

Perhaps. When you're camping, you hear strange noises in the woods. You never know.

When we were camping in the Shasta Trinity National Forest, we stopped at a convenience store and they had postcards that were mocked up driver's licenses with Bigfoot on them. I have one somewhere. If I can find it, I'll scan it and post it.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/06/06 at 1:02 pm

Of course Bigfoot exists. Hi.

;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/06/06 at 10:58 pm

If Bigfoot existed, there would probably be many of them.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/11/06 at 1:21 am

If Bigfoot existed, there would probably be many of them.

Exactly.  Same goes for the Loch Ness Monster and the rest of the cryptids referred to in the singular.  If these creatures are part of the natural world, you could not, for perfectly obvious reasons, have a solitary individual evading scientific detection for decades or centuries.  One theory on Nessie is that she is a surviving aquatic dinosaur.  The Loch Ness myth has been ongoing for centuries.  What was the lifesapn of a Plesiosaur?  Wouldn't Nessie have have emerged from a breeding population?

In the Bigfoot case, there are innumerable mutation of the myth.  Every state has a wildman.  There have been hikers and hunters who claimed to be kidnapped by whole families of Bigfeet.  And yet--in all these decades, not one Bigfoot of any sort has been shot or captured.  Wouldn't low-flying aircraft pilots have witnessed these creatures in the foliage-free seasons of the north?  Well, not necessarily if there is one Bigfoot, one Sasquatch, and one Yeti in all of the world!  Then we get back to the question of breeding population.  All the other creatures on the planet belong to a breeding population ranging from dozens to millions.  It is a biological necessity if Bigfoot is a member of the animal kingdom. 

If Bigfoot and Nessie belong to the supernatural realm, then anything's possible.

So, no I don't believe much in Bigfoot, Nessie, and the other fantastic solitary cryptids!

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/11/06 at 2:37 am

I wish to believe in Bigfoot, but it looks too human for my liking.

Written By: whistledog on 11/11/06 at 4:16 am

I found Bigfoot

(some assembly required) :D

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0006GDTQU.01-ARLZM71758WOV.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 11/14/06 at 12:25 pm

I dated him once. Not to keen on personal hygiene....

Written By: lorac61469 on 11/14/06 at 5:25 pm

I just saw a program on TV last night...Some woman in Tennesse claims that she grew up with (not raised by, but has been around them all of her life) a family of Big Foot (or would that be Big Feet?).  She even claims that one came and knocked on her door and asked to borrow some garlic!!  ::)  :D

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/15/06 at 10:22 am

I just saw a program on TV last night...Some woman in Tennesse claims that she grew up with (not raised by, but has been around them all of her life) a family of Big Foot (or would that be Big Feet?).  She even claims that one came and knocked on her door and asked to borrow some garlic!!   ::)  :D

If they were talking, it was probably just her neighbors.

Check for new replies or respond here...