inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Famous Scary Pictures

Written By: KKay on 12/03/06 at 8:20 am

I used to love searching for scary pictures. therea rea some famous ones - ufos, aliens, ghosts...even images from tv and the big screen. here are two I remember..

the first is a famous ghost picture; it's in all the ghost books...
and the other is the "ghost" from Three Men and a Baby

Subject: Re: Famous Scary Pictures

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/03/06 at 10:55 am

Here's a couple...

The first one was taken in the Amityville house.  No child was present at the time of the investigation.

The next is from the scene of a car accident. 

The last one, take a  look in the back seat!!

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/03/06 at 11:01 am

Another one I thought of...

A scene from the TV show Smallville.  Look like a hand holding a head (Probably just a reflection of a camera guy).

Written By: Tia on 12/03/06 at 11:09 am

stop! you guys are scaring me!  :o

Written By: Max Power on 12/03/06 at 3:04 pm

I used to love searching for scary pictures. therea rea some famous ones - ufos, aliens, ghosts...even images from tv and the big screen. here are two I remember..

the first is a famous ghost picture; it's in all the ghost books...
and the other is the "ghost" from Three Men and a Baby

That one's a cardboard cut out, they explained that on FX.

Written By: Max Power on 12/03/06 at 3:05 pm

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/50642

Written By: Max Power on 12/03/06 at 3:12 pm

Here's a couple...

The first one was taken in the Amityville house.  No child was present at the time of the investigation.

The next is from the scene of a car accident. 

The last one, take a  look in the back seat!!

The middle one's probably upset about the car.

Written By: Tia on 12/03/06 at 3:21 pm

That one's a cardboard cut out, they explained that on FX.
i heard about that explanation. if it was on FX it must be true, but how come -- it seems to be a continuous take and a few seconds before they show the same window and it isn't there. did somebody run up and put it there in the interim for some reason?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GeaQabbdsc0

Written By: Abix on 12/03/06 at 4:57 pm

here's another one.. Keep an eye on the video image in the upper left corner. scary!  :o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQQS-0ZOMcg

Written By: whistledog on 12/03/06 at 9:32 pm

here's another one.. Keep an eye on the video image in the upper left corner. scary!  :o

Man, was that a real ghost?  It looked so real  :o

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/03/06 at 9:41 pm

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9gnMiJzmHNFCz0BqASjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBsdmIydTZhBHNlYwNwcm9mBHZ0aWQDSTAwMV83MA--/SIG=12fp2lp9f/EXP=1165289971/**http%3a//www.infstud.sci.kun.nl/%7emgraat/pics/pennywise2.jpg

Written By: Tia on 12/03/06 at 10:42 pm

ha! you got me. i fell out my chair.

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 12/03/06 at 11:19 pm

Great, now I'm all scared.

I could watch scary movies at night and go to bed just fine. But if I start talking to someone about ghosts, ufos, and unexplained matters, I'm awake with the lights on all night.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/04/06 at 1:05 am

I could watch scary movies at night and go to bed just fine. But if I start talking to someone about ghosts, ufos, and unexplained matters, I'm awake with the lights on all night.
poor baby,  I suggest watching at least a half hour of the disney channel b4 bedtime and then you'll be fine  ;D

Written By: Abix on 12/04/06 at 11:57 am

Man, was that a real ghost?  It looked so real  :o

It got me too! After clicking on the earlier posted link and watching all those ghost videos and pictures and voice recordings, I was a bit freaked out, to say the least. And I was home alone in my house, in this very room that I know for a fact the previous owner's husband died in. The hackles on my neck were definitely erect.  :o

Written By: Abix on 12/04/06 at 12:59 pm

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9gnMiJzmHNFCz0BqASjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBsdmIydTZhBHNlYwNwcm9mBHZ0aWQDSTAwMV83MA--/SIG=12fp2lp9f/EXP=1165289971/**http%3a//www.infstud.sci.kun.nl/%7emgraat/pics/pennywise2.jpg

this might just be my imagination.. but look at the right side of the picture , just near the sidewalk, just to the left of the clown's hair.. is that a ghost???
I also see something to the Left, just near his glove.. Looks like a woman with dark hair, and a shocked look on her face!!  Is it a figment of my imagination ??

Written By: nally on 12/04/06 at 1:02 pm

this might just be my imagination.. but look at the right side of the picture , just near the sidewalk, just to the left of the clown's hair.. is that a ghost???

No, I think that's just a person in a white suit.

Written By: KKay on 12/04/06 at 1:47 pm

I remember that creepy one of the face in the back seat...very scary.
you know this stuff really really scares me ...i love to get all frightened..home alone at night...look up pictures of ghosts and aliens..
love the pictures.
here is a picture from a movie- this scene had me on the ceiling!

Wait..now i can't find it! I had it saved!  The alien from Signs...when he rins past the kids at the party...u;gh!

Even that picture of Bigfoot running scares me.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/04/06 at 2:03 pm

Wait..now i can't find it! I had it saved!  The alien from Signs...when he rins past the kids at the party...u;gh!

oh gosh...I hate when that alien runs by...that is so spooky! :o

Written By: KKay on 12/04/06 at 2:05 pm

oh gosh...I hate when that alien runs by...that is so spooky! :o

yeah. i hate that i lost the picture...If anyone finds it, please email me!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/04/06 at 2:08 pm

yeah. i hate that i lost the picture...If anyone finds it, please email me!

I tried to do a search for it...but had no luck...it was creeping me out thinking that I had to potentially look at, during my search! ;D

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 12/05/06 at 8:19 pm

Haha, I'm scared of those two pictures too!

Written By: Abix on 12/05/06 at 8:28 pm

I really think something is in this picture. I've circled the 'ghosts' I'm seeing. Maybe I need to lay off the 'chex mix'.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/05/06 at 9:36 pm

I really think something is in this picture. I've circled the 'ghosts' I'm seeing. Maybe I need to lay off the 'chex mix'.

One looks like a little girl, and the other looks like clothes hanging out to dry!?

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/05/06 at 9:38 pm

That's a bit extreme. Every time I'm told to turn down music or turn up the volume or to just watch certain things, I know to expect those types of videos.

Written By: Abix on 12/05/06 at 9:52 pm

One looks like a little girl, and the other looks like clothes hanging out to dry!?

Yeah.. ghost of a little girl and her mother hanging the clothes out to dry!!  I need to find sister morphine and get some more of that chex mix!! that's some good sheeit..

Written By: Max Power on 12/05/06 at 11:35 pm

We all hate clowns.

Written By: KKay on 12/07/06 at 8:07 am

found it.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/07/06 at 8:40 am

found it.

ew, that is so freaky!! :o

Written By: KKay on 12/07/06 at 9:05 am

ew, that is so freaky!! :o

yeah; i can see its similarity to the bigfoot picture.

I also find blurry pictures somewhat eerie in general.

check this out; even for a hoax it's creepy
http://www.netsummary.dk/incident/

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/07/06 at 9:14 am

yeah; i can see its similarity to the bigfoot picture.

I also find blurry pictures somewhat eerie in general.

check this out; even for a hoax it's creepy
http://www.netsummary.dk/incident/

gosh, I looked at the first few, and that was enough for me. How do you know it was a hoax?

Written By: KKay on 12/07/06 at 9:48 am

gosh, I looked at the first few, and that was enough for me. How do you know it was a hoax?

scary, right?
well, i read about the guy who posted the sitte and he's a really good photoshop guy that created lots of stuff for the internet - also, some people mentioned that he confessed to it, but i never read the actual confession.  but yeah, that site is very scary.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/07/06 at 9:49 am

scary, right?
well, i read about the guy who posted the sitte and he's a really good photoshop guy that created lots of stuff for the internet - also, some people mentioned that he confessed to it, but i never read the actual confession.  but yeah, that site is very scary.

yes, it really freaked me out...and I didn't even look at all of the pics.  It looks so authentic. :o

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 12/07/06 at 7:07 pm

Pictures such as these freak me out...  :o

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/07/06 at 7:21 pm

nice work Abix, those are definitely ghosts. 

found it.
i think the best part is the kids freakin out at the sight of the alien crashing the birthday party.

Written By: KKay on 12/08/06 at 1:08 pm

i think the best part is the kids freakin out at the sight of the alien crashing the birthday party.

what I love is the shot of Joaquin Phoenix...jumping back in the closet when he sees the thing...
that movie was so bad yet so good on so many levels.

another scary picture...some houses are scary...this is the one from Blair Witch.
my youth was filled with woods and old houses so this is particularly scary to me.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/08/06 at 1:20 pm

what I love is the shot of Joaquin Phoenix...jumping back in the closet when he sees the thing...
that movie was so bad yet so good on so many levels.

another scary picture...some houses are scary...this is the one from Blair Witch.
my youth was filled with woods and old houses so this is particularly scary to me.
I'm watching it at home, and I'm loving it, really into it and Lady Di gives me the "what a crummy ending, I can't believe it ended up being about aliens"  and I'm like  ??? wtf?  what were you expecting, angels?

Written By: KKay on 12/08/06 at 9:09 pm

I'm watching it at home, and I'm loving it, really into it and Lady Di gives me the "what a crummy ending, I can't believe it ended up being about aliens"  and I'm like  ??? wtf?  what were you expecting, angels?

it didnt though, did it?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/11/06 at 4:04 pm

99% of "supernatural" photos out there are proven fakes. 
Now, this is not supernatural.  This is a real guy.  What might possess Charles Manson, on the other hand...
http://www.gawker.com/news/manson.jpg
If you are a nervous type, don't spend much time contemplating this man's eyes!

Ted Bundy

Unlike Manson, Ted always seemed like a nice guy.  He was calm, cool, and collected at his trial.  Nobody saw the side of him that murdered 30+ women...until one day the prosecution got under his skin!
http://www.fbi-files.com/crime/tedbundy/tedbundy.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/11/06 at 4:59 pm

Brian J. Peppers of Whitheouse, Ohio.
"Registered sex offender"

I hesitate to post this one, but I do so for the fact that it is a "famous scary picture."

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/2646/nnnnnbpfk3.jpg

There a conflicting accounts about Mr. Peppers.  Snopes.com confirmed with Ohio law enforcement that the photo is, in fact, real.  It is not doctored or photoshopped.

This much is known:
Mr. Peppers suffers from one of two disfiguring disorders:  Apert's Syndrome or Crouzon's Syndrome.  I have not yet read expert medical opinion as to which one.  I cannot make the determination myself.  Mr. Peppers is wheelchair-bound.  Mr. Peppers resides in a nursing home.

In 1998, Brian J. Peppers was sentenced to probabation for "gross sexual imposition."  Peppers "groped" a nurse at his care facility.  She filed charges.  That's about it. 

It used to be a lie got half way around the world before the truth got its pants on.  With the internet, a lie gets around the world 100 times.
The apocryphal story is that he molested a child.  A "creepy" act to go along with a "creepy" photo.  No evidence at all he molested a child, but the accusations still abound.
Later, persons unknown to me posted this website:
http://pepperstruth.ytmnd.com/

Unfortunately, the genie was out of the bottle.  Peppers picture was an internet pheomenon.  In the age of Howard Stern and Mancow, it's cool to be mean to people with disabilities, so long as you have the slightest of rationalizations.  If Mr. Peppers is a child molestor, all bets are off!  Google his name and see him mocked and lampooned a hundred different ways. There are several parodies of the "pepperstruth" site.  Peppers is now referred to as an Internet "meme." 

The fact remains, people with disfigurements are startling.  I would be lying if I said Mr. Peppers' picture didn't give me a jolt.  However, I would like to think we've come far enough to recognize the humanity beyond the disturbing physical characteristics.  This goes back to the story of Joseph Merrick (aka John Merrick), the so called "Elephant Man."  In Victorian times, if Mr. Peppers survived childhood, he might have earned his bread in a traveling "freakshow."  That's what Merrick did, until Dr. Treaves wrested him from his handlers.  Dr. Fredrick Treaves tried to get Victorian society to recognize the soul of Joseph Merrick, and he had some success. 

What the Internet treatment of Mr. Peppers has demonstrated is the masses are now as cruel as they were in 1850.  They hid behind a craven excuse to hold Mr. Peppers up as an object of horror and ridicule.  In spite of the reforms we've made thanks to humane men and women, such Dr. Fredrick Treaves, we still live amongst millions of people who would love nothing more than a Victorian "freakshow."  If you ask me, the bloggers and myspace kids who jeer at Brian Peppers are the sick freaks!
::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/11/06 at 8:15 pm

I hesitate to post this one, but I do so for the fact that it is a "famous scary picture."

There a conflicting accounts about Mr. Peppers.  Snopes.com confirmed with Ohio law enforcement that the photo is, in fact, real.  It is not doctored or photoshopped.

This much is known:
Mr. Peppers suffers from one of two disfiguring disorders:  Apert's Syndrome or Crouzon's Syndrome.  I have not yet read expert medical opinion as to which one.  I cannot make the determination myself.  Mr. Peppers is wheelchair-bound.  Mr. Peppers resides in a nursing home.

In 1998, Brian J. Peppers was sentenced to probabation for "gross sexual imposition."  Peppers "groped" a nurse at his care facility.  She filed charges.  That's about it. 

It used to be a lie got half way around the world before the truth got its pants on.  With the internet, a lie gets around the world 100 times.
The apocryphal story is that he molested a child.  A "creepy" act to go along with a "creepy" photo.  No evidence at all he molested a child, but the accusations still abound.

Unfortunately, the genie was out of the bottle.  Peppers picture was an internet pheomenon.  In the age of Howard Stern and Mancow, it's cool to be mean to people with disabilities, so long as you have the slightest of rationalizations.  If Mr. Peppers is a child molestor, all bets are off!  Google his name and see him mocked and lampooned a hundred different ways. There are several parodies of the "pepperstruth" site.  Peppers is now referred to as an Internet "meme." 

The fact remains, people with disfigurements are startling.  I would be lying if I said Mr. Peppers' picture didn't give me a jolt.  However, I would like to think we've come far enough to recognize the humanity beyond the disturbing physical characteristics.  This goes back to the story of Joseph Merrick (aka John Merrick), the so called "Elephant Man."  In Victorian times, if Mr. Peppers survived childhood, he might have earned his bread in a traveling "freakshow."  That's what Merrick did, until Dr. Treaves wrested him from his handlers.  Dr. Fredrick Treaves tried to get Victorian society to recognize the soul of Joseph Merrick, and he had some success. 

What the Internet treatment of Mr. Peppers has demonstrated is the masses are now as cruel as they were in 1850.  They hid behind a craven excuse to hold Mr. Peppers up as an object of horror and ridicule.  In spite of the reforms we've made thanks to humane men and women, such Dr. Fredrick Treaves, we still live amongst millions of people who would love nothing more than a Victorian "freakshow."  If you ask me, the bloggers and myspace kids who jeer at Brian Peppers are the sick freaks!

oh gosh...I've seen this face on this forum before...in a couple other threads. :o

Written By: Abix on 12/11/06 at 8:21 pm

This much is known:

This is the first I've ever seen or heard of Mr. Peppers

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/11/06 at 8:34 pm

http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/1573625485.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1118185547_.jpg one of the best splatter films I've actually enjoyed in awhile, this movie is great

Written By: KKay on 12/12/06 at 1:08 pm

http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/1573625485.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1118185547_.jpg one of the best splatter films I've actually enjoyed in awhile, this movie is great

actually the idea of Corbin Bersen is scary enough for me. :)

Written By: Apricot on 12/12/06 at 9:03 pm

You should watch The Guinea Pig movies.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/16/06 at 7:10 pm

Lon Chaney's "Phantom."  We had this picture in a movie villains book when I was a kid, this one in particular used to haunt me!
http://www.doctormacro.com/Images/Chaney%20Sr.,%20Lon/Chaney%20Sr.,%20Lon%20(Phantom%20of%20the%20Opera,%20The)_01.jpg
LON CHANEY

From my big sister's record collection--
Another one that used to spook me in childhood, especially with the accompanying theme!
http://mapmf.pmfst.hr/~frasal/1970-Black%20Sabbath.jpg

Black Sabbath 

What is this that stands before me?
Figure in black which points at me
Turn around quick, and start to run
Find out I'm the chosen one
Oh nooo!
Big black shape with eyes of fire
Telling people their desire
Satan's sitting there, he's smiling
Watches those flames get higher and higher
Oh no, no, please God help me!
Is it the end, my friend?
Satan's coming 'round the bend
People running 'cause they're scared
The people better go and beware!
No, no, please, no! 

=

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines02/images/0906-04.jpg
DICK CHENEY

Written By: spaceace on 12/16/06 at 7:13 pm

Lon Chaney's "Phantom."  We had this picture ina movie villains book when I was a kid, this one in particular used to haunt me!
http://www.doctormacro.com/Images/Chaney%20Sr.,%20Lon/Chaney%20Sr.,%20Lon%20(Phantom%20of%20the%20Opera,%20The)_01.jpg
LON CHANEY

I saw the movie!!  There's a really creepy scene where he's at the organ and he turns around very slowly.  That scared the crap out of me.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/16/06 at 7:13 pm

Lon Chaney's "Phantom."  We had this picture ina movie villains book when I was a kid, this one in particular used to haunt me!
LON CHANEY

yes, that face used to scare me as well.

Written By: KKay on 12/16/06 at 10:31 pm

images of black metal guys are always scary.
(though i'm a fan)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/17/06 at 2:58 am

actually the idea of Corbin Bersen is scary enough for me. :)
he's horrifying and he's a bad dentist, I mean, he grinded this ladies teeth down to the gums.

Written By: Tia on 12/17/06 at 6:25 pm

oh man. i'm having loads of fun with youtube and my external DVD player and third-party mpeg burner tonight.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eBto_xnz2tw

calling kkay and MkD in particular. the first two minutes of one of my favorite movies in the incredibly bizarrely weird category: wax, or the discovery of television among the bees.

it's about, um, spirit photography, beekeeping, reincarnation, sophisticated aerospace weapons design and manufacture, karmic destiny, living on the moon, and paranoid schizophrenia.i've seen it a million times and i have NO idea what it means.

Written By: spaceace on 12/17/06 at 6:31 pm

Lon Chaney's "Phantom."  We had this picture in a movie villains book when I was a kid, this one in particular used to haunt me!
LON CHANEY

From my big sister's record collection--
Another one that used to spook me in childhood, especially with the accompanying theme!
http://mapmf.pmfst.hr/~frasal/1970-Black%20Sabbath.jpg

Black Sabbath 

What is this that stands before me?
Figure in black which points at me
Turn around quick, and start to run
Find out I'm the chosen one
Oh nooo!
Big black shape with eyes of fire
Telling people their desire
Satan's sitting there, he's smiling
Watches those flames get higher and higher
Oh no, no, please God help me!
Is it the end, my friend?
Satan's coming 'round the bend
People running 'cause they're scared
The people better go and beware!
No, no, please, no! 

=

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines02/images/0906-04.jpg
DICK CHENEY

Dick Cheney is much scarier than Lon ever could be.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/17/06 at 7:18 pm

images of black metal guys are always scary.
(though i'm a fan)

Some of those Black Metal guys are scary in real life, especially the ones form Scandinavia!
IMO, Black Sabbath is the first Black Metal.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/17/06 at 8:46 pm

I think the kids were just upset that he didn't show up with a present..  ???

Written By: La Roche on 12/18/06 at 10:18 am

Some of those Black Metal guys are scary in real life, especially the ones form Scandinavia!
IMO, Black Sabbath is the first Black Metal.

Errrmm.. Black Sabbath have nothing to do with Black Metal, apart from maybe the Black in the names.

Most Heavy Metal has it's roots in blues etc.. (although there is often a large degree of speration) Black Metal however makes a break from tempo, tune, melody etc and goes in a whole new direction.

http://muzyka.onet.pl/_i/osoby/g/gorgoroth/d.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/ba/Mortiis-charlotte.jpg

http://www.fatalexception.org/spin_article/euronymous.jpg

and finally.. the thing that should not be.. a creature so evil his actual living face must not be shown. A creation so vile it deserves not but a name, less a title.

Written By: KKay on 12/18/06 at 10:19 am

^I knew I could rely on you to find me some scary people.
thanks, luv.

Written By: Tia on 12/18/06 at 10:34 pm

black sabbath is blues based but also gets a lot of the tritone and flat 2 and chromatic runs in there... very non-bluesy, introduces accidentals responsible for the bleak sound of it. think the break in sabbath bloody sabbath. not black metal by any stretch but the origins of the gothic, horror type sound that characterized heavy metal... definitely in there.

tritone... devil's chord! going all the way back to when church modes, ironically, were all thought of as the mark of satan, back in the witch burnin' times. if it wasn't in major or minor, it was ungodly.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/18/06 at 10:50 pm

black sabbath is blues based but also gets a lot of the tritone and flat 2 and chromatic runs in there... very non-bluesy, introduces accidentals responsible for the bleak sound of it. think the break in sabbath bloody sabbath. not black metal by any stretch but the origins of the gothic, horror type sound that characterized heavy metal... definitely in there.

tritone... devil's chord! going all the way back to when church modes, ironically, were all thought of as the mark of satan, back in the witch burnin' times. if it wasn't in major or minor, it was ungodly.

Ah, yes. The B diminished chord. Thought to be so ugly, it was sinful. Heh, I personally like it.

Written By: Tia on 12/18/06 at 10:55 pm

Ah, yes. The B diminished chord. Thought to be so ugly, it was sinful. Heh, I personally like it.
Dminor is the saddest of all keys.

oh, by the way, kkay and MkD?

PAY MORE ATTENTION TO MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS OR I WILL GO INSANE AND I WILL TAKE YOU WITH ME.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/18/06 at 11:21 pm

PAY MORE ATTENTION TO MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS OR I WILL GO INSANE AND I WILL TAKE YOU WITH ME.

I think you should post that in a thread that MkD reads.

And yes, Dminor IS a sad key. As is Ab minor. =o

Written By: Tia on 12/18/06 at 11:33 pm

I think you should post that in a thread that MkD reads.

And yes, Dminor IS a sad key. As is Ab minor. =o
i wooda thought she'd be all over the ghost photography threads. shows you what i know.

the root doesn't matter so much, that's why the spinal tap joke is so funny. D , C#, Eb, whatever, point is it's minor.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/18/06 at 11:35 pm

i wooda thought she'd be all over the ghost photography threads. shows you what i know.

the root doesn't matter so much, that's why the spinal tap joke is so funny. D , C#, Eb, whatever, point is it's minor.

Ah, yes.

Annnnd... She would be all over this thread. XD To tell you the truth, I don't know if she reads this one or not.

Written By: La Roche on 12/19/06 at 1:05 am

Darling - It's doom metal. Come on now, I'm sure we've had this discussion.

Written By: KKay on 12/19/06 at 8:12 am

honey...you have to remind me. i can't play the vids at work so if you send me one, i have to be reminded to watch it at home.
Now stop hijacking my thread to chat about music theory.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/21/06 at 10:24 pm

Darling - It's doom metal. Come on now, I'm sure we've had this discussion.

I was speaking of the commonality in roots.  Tia nailed it.  Both Black Metal and Doom Metal owe something to Black Sabbath, thought Sabbath doesn't exactly sound like either subsequent genre. 
Chicago Blues sounds very different from Delta Blues, but it all traveled up the same river!

("This takes elements from both Mozart and Bach, it's sort of a Mach piece."
"It's very pretty.  What's it called?"
"This is called 'Lick My Love Pump.'")

Written By: La Roche on 12/21/06 at 10:32 pm

I was speaking of the commonality in roots.  Tia nailed it.  Both Black Metal and Doom Metal owe something to Black Sabbath, thought Sabbath doesn't exactly sound like either subsequent genre. 
Chicago Blues sounds very different from Delta Blues, but it all traveled up the same river!

("This takes elements from both Mozart and Bach, it's sort of a Mach piece."
"It's very pretty.  What's it called?"
"This is called 'Lick My Love Pump.'")

Yeah.. I suppose a lot of the more theatrical satanic elements have made the jump to Black Metal even if the actual music it'self didn't.

I suppose if anything Black Metal owes more to the kinda Electric/Noise side of things than the melodic blues based metal side.

Check for new replies or respond here...