inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: KB Toys

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 02/20/07 at 1:24 pm

Does anyone remember Kay B Toys, a toy store, that as far as I know is many just a regional toy store (it may be western states only, as well). The best way to indentify one was their signature toy soldier at the top of their sign. We used to go there quite often before we got a Toys R' Us in town. 

Subject: Re: KB Toys

Written By: nally on 02/20/07 at 1:26 pm

I certainly remember K.B. Toys, especially in the late 80s/early 90s. I don't ever remember shopping there, but I heard all about it on TV and even passed by some locations.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/20/07 at 1:26 pm

I remember them in Chicago, and we have one in the North Point Mall here in Alpharetta.

Written By: lorac61469 on 02/20/07 at 3:04 pm

We had them in NY when I was a kid (I'm pretty sure there is still one in the mall on Staten Island) and there is on in the mall here in Virginia. 

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 02/20/07 at 3:45 pm

I actually looked up online and they have quite a bit open still. I read on wikipedia that they filed bankrupcty a few years back and had to close 365 stores. Both of our local malls got the cut.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/20/07 at 7:33 pm

I remember KB Toys. But they didn't have a chance against Toys R Us, the store I preferred my parents to shop in.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/20/07 at 7:57 pm

We still have a KB Toys in our local mall. It is a pretty small store, and the toys are just jam-packed in there...what a zoo! :D

Written By: NullandVoid on 02/23/07 at 11:34 pm

Yeah there's still a KB in the Manhattan Mall in Herald Square.

Wow I just thought about Lionel Kiddie City and it's theme song:

Lionel Kiddie City Turns a frown *clap, clap, clap, clap* upside Down! anyone else remember that?

Written By: spaceace on 02/24/07 at 12:21 am

We still have a KB Toys at our Mall.

NullandVoid did you let Lionel Kiddie City turn that frown upside down?

Gads I haven't thought of that in a while. :o

Written By: chiefyamick on 02/24/07 at 1:28 am

We still have a KB here in Milwaukee, but I can also remember a few years back they had an outlet type store called KBToy Works...way discounted prices on all the same stuff they had in their regular stores! They closed down a few years back though.

Written By: NullandVoid on 02/24/07 at 7:21 pm

We still have a KB Toys at our Mall.

NullandVoid did you let Lionel Kiddie City turn that frown upside down?

Gads I haven't thought of that in a while. :o

yep I sure did, I used to love the Giant Kangaroo made out of legos in the lobby. :)

Written By: gemini on 02/25/07 at 4:15 pm

We still have a KB Toys in our local mall. It is a pretty small store, and the toys are just jam-packed in there...what a zoo! :D

I was thinking the same thing, the one is our mall is all junked up and you can barely get through the aisles.

Check for new replies or respond here...